Forums > Movies

man on fire

Posts (16)

• Sneezembop

Sneezembop

#242866 - 14 years ago

who here has seen man on fire? what deid you think?

• libtechbrder

libtechbrder

#242877 - 14 years ago

In reply to Sneezembop, #1: Awesome fuckin movie!

• LinkFAA

LinkFAA

#243194 - 14 years ago

In reply to Sneezembop, #1:

i just saw it for the frist time last night, i didnt like that flashy camera moves all the time, very poor for story telling, very good for inducing stokes, the story was cool, but not great, very dark with no redemtion or since of staifaction, the developed the little girls character and then just stopped, too many question about how life should/could be after. so all in all its an alright movie with a poor "falling action" to the plot

• Sneezembop

Sneezembop

#243232 - 14 years ago

In reply to LinkFAA, #3:

dude, how could you not like it? i mean the cinematography was just fuckin awesome. and the story telling? man, the storytelling was all it needed to be.

• libtechbrder

libtechbrder

#243281 - 14 years ago

In reply to Sneezembop, #4: Word

• broodmceto

broodmceto

#243603 - 14 years ago

In reply to LinkFAA, #3:

i just saw it for the frist time last night, i didnt like that flashy camera moves all the time, very poor for story telling, very good for inducing stokes, the story was cool, but not great, very dark with no redemtion or since of staifaction, the developed the little girls character and then just stopped, too many question about how life should/could be after. so all in all its an alright movie with a poor "falling action" to the plot

Great movie. Nothing like a man possessed. I thought he'd bluff at some point, but nope, he just kept taking it further and further. As for no redemption or satisfaction, you must be crazy. Just because there was no narrator to tell you how the story ends doesn't mean that it isn't a great story. You have to use a little interpretation, which too many of our movies don't let us do. This is by no means a 'thinking' movie, but you do have to figure out a little on your own as to what is going on inside his head. No satisfaction? I would say Denzel's character was very satisfied with how things turned out. He already knew he was going to hell, so why not do one good deed before he goes? Fighting the forces of evil was his redemption. I could go on and on, but I won't.

Great movie, and I wouldn't hesitate to watch it again. Especially the anal bomb part. Man, I didn't think he'd really done it, till that sucker blew up. Poor bastard. I think I'd rather go on the toilet.

• Arinoth

Arinoth

#243746 - 14 years ago

In reply to LinkFAA, #3:

I'll have to agree, it wasnt that good of a movie, i mean it was decent but not amazing or really something i'd put on my DvD collection

• azerax

azerax

#247935 - 14 years ago

In reply to Sneezembop, #1: I liked it, I liked the way it was shot , based in part on a true story, im not religious but the use of romans 12-21 was great. Im a fan of Christopher Walken and had to buy the movie because of that.

• wyvern55

wyvern55

#265936 - 14 years ago

I did like this movie in general, but some of the sticking points in the story really got to me such as; he is supposed to be completely badass but he only kills the guy at the club where they kapt the girl and not the woman, she was just as culpable and deserved death just as much, also he took a bullet to the chest and just kept going, I was waiting to see that he had a vest on or something but no he just had to wait until he decided to die. Every movie is about suspension of disbelief but that was beyond where I was willing to believe. Still, I did enjoy the movie.

• RookieRed

RookieRed

#269001 - 14 years ago

In reply to wyvern55, #9:
    I agree. I wanted him to put one in the bitch's head too.
    Incredible movie. Incredibly sad movie. I fuckin' cried when he got on the bridge and the girl got out and couldn't stop til the credits were over.

• dapabre

dapabre

#269078 - 14 years ago

I loved it, it was a great revenge movie and, though I place the Punisher ahead of it, it has some of the best thinking man's fevenge I have ever seen. He does not just kill guys he personalizes it. I really liked that fat SOB with the buttplug, I thought is was just deserts.

• wyvern55

wyvern55

#269359 - 14 years ago

Understand that this is coming from a long time Punisher fan who really wanted the movie to be better, but the Punisher movie was not very good. For the amount of time and money spent on it some of the effects were crappy the editing was sloppy and the plot drug on. I like a thinking movie too but this is the Punisher he is supposed to be fighting mobs of guys with his head as much as his guns.

• SilverWolf

SilverWolf

#269395 - 14 years ago

Awesome, awesome movie!

Denzel acting at his best, a child actor who's not in any way annoying, a great plot without an "everythings OK now" tacked on happy ending.

Just a great great film, both versions of Punisher were ok...ish comic book movies Man On Fire is in a different league!

• mopar51

mopar51

#299312 - 14 years ago

it is one of the best movies i have seen. good old vengence.
    very inventive deaths too

• ravis217

ravis217

#3298597 - 13 years ago

"Forgiveness is between them and God, my job is to arrange the meeting"

• TUNNELRAT

TUNNELRAT

#3299159 - 13 years ago

Washington has an incredible range . Rom-com , thriller , detective , he can play any kind of role .