Forums > Music

Anybody Still Listen To Tapes

Posts (32)

• ThePhelz

ThePhelz

#46495 - 14 years ago

you know just to piss tech geeks off, or your too cheap to buy it on cd, i hope im not the only one, i mean i got this wicked awesome steve miller tape, i take it everywhere

• Microbe

Microbe

#46594 - 14 years ago

Hell no. I threw out all my tapes and replaced them with CDs.

• Nethero

Nethero

#46608 - 14 years ago

In reply to ThePhelz, #1:

Emos are werid...I am so not Emo...I just like dashboard. I want everything sounding as good as it can, I havent listened to tapes in 6 years or so.

• Mar

Mar

#46717 - 14 years ago

I generally prefer cds or mp3s, but tapes are occasionally useful. In an old car that doesn't have a cd deck, for instance; eventually I get sick of the sheiss on the radio, so sticking in a personalized tape of music I really enjoy is the best option. Quality's fairly irrelevant in a loud car.

• ThePhelz

ThePhelz

#46725 - 14 years ago

i actually think the most romantic thing you can give a girl is a mixed tape

• ThePhelz

ThePhelz

#46743 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cloud, #7:

just the forum to say it in i guess

• fatbyslim269

fatbyslim269

#46938 - 14 years ago

I have all of SRV originals on tape and record plus the first virsion stare way to heaven on record. So to me tapes and records hold alot in books of importantce.

• WeissEngel

WeissEngel

#47073 - 14 years ago

I have to listen to tapes if I want my own music in the car. :(

• mostly

mostly

#47705 - 14 years ago

In reply to fatbyslim269, #9:
    Spelling is encouraged here
    However, all my tapes have dust on them
    Most of my cd's do too

• DeathInaCan

DeathInaCan

#47719 - 14 years ago

In reply to mostly, #11:

ewwww, tapes. No, all my music is either on the computer or on cds.

• Evicted

Evicted

#47903 - 14 years ago

In reply to DeathInaCan, #12:

I have a couple, My Favorite tapes:
    Frank Zappa - Strictly Commericial
    Paul Simon - Graceland
    David Wilcox - I ferget the name

• violentvixen

violentvixen

#48148 - 14 years ago

Only if it's an old mix tape that has sentimental value, or a tape I don't have a CD of (which is unlikely).

• JJK

JJK

#83011 - 14 years ago

Ive got 2 Dire Straits tapes that i like to play on a curcuit. Like when one sides finished i turn over then when that ones finished i swap the tapes etc.

• Show

Show

#83057 - 14 years ago

trance mixtapes from after hours sets.... I <3 those things

• WNK

WNK

#83232 - 14 years ago

I have a couple that I listen to... including David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust (because its really expensive on CD), and The Smashing Pumpkins' Lull (because it's pretty hard to find, so I snatched it up while I could).

• Red_Stranger

Red_Stranger

#86772 - 14 years ago

I have over 100 tapes of stuff off the radio, lots of which is near impossible to get on CD (ads, announcers, rare music) and I'm trying to find the cheapest way to get them on to my computer before the tapes die.

Also I still use tapes to record ideas...

• soupierdragn

soupierdragn

#2619671 - 13 years ago

tapes are back then nowa days its all abou cds and cd player not tape.

• soupierdragn

soupierdragn

#2619673 - 13 years ago

tapes are back then nowa days its all about cds and cd player not tape.

• soupierdragn

soupierdragn

#2619683 - 13 years ago

sory the fist one was on acident.

• TheOx129

TheOx129

#2620214 - 13 years ago

Well, I've got a few "unofficial" live/studio recordings on tape, though thanks to the internet, it's becoming more and more common for tapers and the like to transfer stuff onto their computer and then onto their CDs (which are usually traded with other people). However, there are still countless live shows and studio outtakes/rehearsals/etc. that have yet to be transferred. Hell, I bet there's a ton of stuff in the vaults that has yet to be officially released by most artists (both live and studio).

• acdcfanbill

acdcfanbill

#2620236 - 13 years ago

i hate tapes even when i had them. records are cool, but cd's or mp3's for me 99%

• Terran

Terran

#2621175 - 13 years ago

My band uses a tape recorder for raw recordings to work on songs. We're transferring over to digital next week though. Other than that I can't even remember owning any tapes. CDs are just so much better. Oh and I learned about how they're made and stuff today - very interesting.

• simmonsV20

simmonsV20

#2621313 - 13 years ago

Um, hell yes!, I still use tapes, I also like to create mixes with them too. CD's? I use those for something else..........................

• Neptune

Neptune

#2621962 - 13 years ago

I still personally prefer Tapes over CD's

• Vlad

Vlad

#2622013 - 13 years ago

I'll play tapes in the car. Only cause the car doesn't have a CD player.