Forums > Music

Dream Evil ??

Posts (30)

• dark86shadow

dark86shadow

#394620 - 14 years ago

HI. ummm this is my first post here but i was just wandering if anyone likes or even has ever heard of Dream Evil?? i like it a lot it is kinda old school heavy metal if yall like that kinda of stuff

• TuckerIsGod

TuckerIsGod

#394627 - 14 years ago

In reply to dark86shadow, #1:

....and we do. The most prolific posters here in the musizzle forum are Heavy Metal guys. I've never heard of this band before, but i bet i'd like em.

• TuckerIsGod

TuckerIsGod

#394634 - 14 years ago

BTW, don't take anything Cloud says seriously. He likes Seal.

• dark86shadow

dark86shadow

#394636 - 14 years ago

In reply to TuckerIsGod, #3:

it is a baddass band you shoudl go to thier site they have some free songs you can download http://www.dreamevil.se/

• dark86shadow

dark86shadow

#394638 - 14 years ago

In reply to TuckerIsGod, #4:

so do i :D lol i like just about all music but not rap or cuntry

• TuckerIsGod

TuckerIsGod

#394642 - 14 years ago

In reply to dark86shadow, #6:

Don't say that. it only encourages him.

• dark86shadow

dark86shadow

#394646 - 14 years ago

In reply to TuckerIsGod, #7:

oops

• TuckerIsGod

TuckerIsGod

#394654 - 14 years ago

In reply to TuckerIsGod, #7:

Yeah, i can see where there is some Hammerfall in this. Their bio talks about one of the members doing some producing for Hammerfall, and the singer doing some backup work for them as well. If i were to name one band as the primary influence for these guys, i'd say it was Hammerfall. Real solid guitar playing. This Gus guy they have playin can wail.

On an unrelated note, i don't think Hammerfall's new stuff is worth a damn. Legacy of Kings was as good as it got for these guys. Renegade was a worthy followup, but it wasn't exactly on par.

• TuckerIsGod

TuckerIsGod

#394670 - 14 years ago

This guy can sing too.

• TuckerIsGod

TuckerIsGod

#394692 - 14 years ago

In reply to TuckerIsGod, #10:

hey wait. Their bio talks about a guitarist named Gus playin the 6 string, but the Members section lists some guy named Mark as their player.

• dark86shadow

dark86shadow

#394700 - 14 years ago

In reply to TuckerIsGod, #10:

yeah it is cool man. i like guitarist i think they do a good job on this band just sweet

• TuckerIsGod

TuckerIsGod

#394707 - 14 years ago

Holy crap though. check this out

Bands and Musicians who has influenced you as a musician;
    Judas Priest, Accept, Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Black Sabbath
    DIO, Ozzy, Symphony X. Steve Vai, Vinnie Moore, Joe Satriani
    Randy Rhoads, Jimi, Ritchie, Yngwie.

SOMEONE MENTIONED SATCH!!! You can't imagine how much oak this puts in my pants.

• dark86shadow

dark86shadow

#394719 - 14 years ago

In reply to TuckerIsGod, #13:

haha, i never saw that lol i like more than half of all them

• TuckerIsGod

TuckerIsGod

#394781 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cloud, #15:

I checked with end-all, be-all source of what is and is not Metal, and sadly, Seal has no albums reviewed on Metal Observer.

Dream Evil is, however. There are a ton of reviews for a band with so few albums.

• dark86shadow

dark86shadow

#394807 - 14 years ago

In reply to TuckerIsGod, #16:

that is b/c it is such a baddass band :D (seal is music you lissen to when you want to relacks not kick as ;) )

• TuckerIsGod

TuckerIsGod

#394851 - 14 years ago

In reply to dark86shadow, #17:

yeah, i like seal too, but don't tell Cloud.

The Observer seems to want to give these guys a....7.5 average rating......roughly. Without hearing the whole albums, i think that might be a little low. MO is pretty reputable, though.

• TuckerIsGod

TuckerIsGod

#394856 - 14 years ago

In reply to TuckerIsGod, #18:

I also think i like their shift from Power to Heavy Metal. Heavy is more my style.

• acdcfanbill

acdcfanbill

#395091 - 14 years ago

In reply to TuckerIsGod, #19:

in my book, 7.5 is about right, they have some good stuff, but some clinkers too.

• Hostile

Hostile

#395127 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cloud, #2:

Yes, read it!

Fuck, that song is a goddamn anthem to life. Anywhere, everywhere, I can read all about it.

The album's good too. Some of it's a bit too waaaaaaaaaaaah, but it's still fun in a camp way. Somehow it always reminds me of a Buffy episode where the adults try and ban witchcraft.

Oh, and I can post a link to the video, for anyone who's interested.

• Hostile

Hostile

#395136 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cloud, #22:

The bassist looks like a freakin monster, and the singer just embodies badass. Plus, what the crap is the drummer doing? Does that even COUNT as drumming? It just kicks so much ass man.

• Dune

Dune

#395203 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cloud, #24:

Dream evil owns. ever heard Saxton? they sound very much alike (because the singer of dream evil loves Saxton) Dream evil and Hammerfall works together, if you check Unchained and The prophecy, they start almost exactly the same.

• masta_ENGINE

masta_ENGINE

#395261 - 14 years ago

Dream Evil is awesome, but the only problem is I can never find any music from them except the Book of Heavy Metal and Break the Chains. Anyone know where to get any? Also the band pics are sweet:
    DE_gbg.jpg

• GodofMetal

GodofMetal

#395595 - 14 years ago

In reply to TuckerIsGod, #3:

In reply to dark86shadow, #1:

....and we do. The most prolific posters here in the musizzle forum are Heavy Metal guys. I've never heard of this band before, but i bet i'd like em.

HERETIC!!

• dark86shadow

dark86shadow

#395879 - 14 years ago

In reply to masta_ENGINE, #26:

i had to order from a music site to get thier CD i got "Dragon Slayer" it is sweet

• Hostile

Hostile

#396271 - 14 years ago

In reply to GodofMetal, #27:

You gotta admit, they're pretty fucking obscure. I only heard their album by downloading it at random. I'm a lucky sucker.