Forums > Music

Blind Guardian

Posts (137)

• b3durnk

b3durnk

#441396 - 14 years ago

I've been listening to these guys a lot lately, mainly because they're an amazing band. I've fallen in love with the amazing-ness of the singer's powerful voice. That's the main thing that got me interested. Then, paying attention to what's playing in the back, the music is absolutely outstanding. I love the fact that there's a definant lead guitar and rhythm guitar. Not something I've found more than it should. Usually there'll be the two guitars playing the same thing most of the time, aside from instrumental breaks and solos. With Blind Guardian, there's lead most of the time (in the songs I've heard) and rhythm.

That's something I've always wanted to do with my future band. Because it's awesome. All that guitar talent, good drum beats, a nice bass that fits well, and their amazing vocals make them one of my favorite bands. My favorite songs include "Into The Storm", "The Soulforged", and "Lord Of The Rings".

Feel free to discuss their awesomeness and talent.

P.S.: I don't know the names of any of the band members, I'm still new to them, so yeah. Any line-up lists will be appreciated.

• b3durnk

b3durnk

#441648 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cloud, #2:

Danke. It's nice to know.

• b3durnk

b3durnk

#441662 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cloud, #4:

Yeah, I wanted to try to make conversation, and I guess no one but us cares about Blind Guardian. *sob sob*

• DemoncF

DemoncF

#441688 - 14 years ago

In reply to b3durnk, #5:

lol, yah, they are really good, Thomen Stauch is a beast at drumming, great band, though sometimes i think hansi is a little too powerful with his singing, I only have aNatO, but it seems like he's a little overpowering, it can be hard to hear everyone else, are their earlier cds different? Also, the homepage is a little outdated... =(

• b3durnk

b3durnk

#441697 - 14 years ago

In reply to DemoncF, #6:

Lol, that's true. But mainly because I play every instrument really required for a modern band, I've spent a year being able to hear each instrument individually.

• DemoncF

DemoncF

#441707 - 14 years ago

In reply to b3durnk, #8:

Yah, I can pick out the drum parts just fine, and occasionally lead guitar, but thats because i play drums and look for those, and because lead guitar is easily recognizable.

• b3durnk

b3durnk

#441710 - 14 years ago

In reply to DemoncF, #9:

lol. I still love the fact that I can tell the difference between lead and rhythm most of the time without having to try and figure out if one is an octave higher and it blends. Yeah..

• RevolutionX

RevolutionX

#441768 - 14 years ago

love blind guardian been listening to them for like 5 years now.....and lately i've been listening to the dvd mostly because its amazing on a theater system you hear the crowd behind you amonst other noises but its great if only they had it in DTS but 5.1 is just as good.....i'm stil a fan of the imaginations album which i find to be their best but i'm sure a lot would disagree with me on that.

• captm0nk

captm0nk FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#446881 - 14 years ago

love blind guardian, particularly Nightfall since i had just finished reading the Simarillion when i picked up the cd...have they come out with any recent cds? have three of their's including nightfall and opera...what i really like about them is how reminiscent their music is of classical...not to mention their drummers use of the double-bass is outstanding and subtle, unlike the abuse it goes through with nu-metal bands...

• Cyrus_Ramses

Cyrus_Ramses

#447613 - 14 years ago

Yeah, Hansi's working on three things right now. The new Blind Guardian CD, the orchestral album, and the second Demons and Wizards album.

• DemoncF

DemoncF

#447709 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cloud, #15:

Maybe they'll do a concept album following linkin park on they're dangerous, interesting, and hilarious adventures, would that rock or what???

• DemoncF

DemoncF

#447759 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cloud, #17:

Well, we build an enormous wooden badger....

• Cyrus_Ramses

Cyrus_Ramses

#447916 - 14 years ago

Yeah, the new BG album is slated for release towards the end of this year or so.

• captm0nk

captm0nk FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#448741 - 14 years ago

In reply to DemoncF, #18:

+1 for unnecessary, yet hilarious Monty Python reference...

• Horsemen4War

Horsemen4War

#1290203 - 14 years ago

On the topic of Demons & Wizards(ranther than starting a new Thread), i just got they're new album today, and its not bad, i like it alot. has a, not sure how to put it, Epic Metal? sound. atleast i think Crimson King does. They also did a nice job on the Immgrant Song cover.

• Gunsman

Gunsman

#1290588 - 14 years ago

In reply to Horsemen4War, #21:

Demons & Wizards thread.

• Neptune

Neptune

#1290845 - 14 years ago

Probably my favorite song from Blind Guardian, is from Tales From The Twilight World, "Weird Dreams"

• Cyrus_Ramses

Cyrus_Ramses

#2911691 - 13 years ago

To avoid posting a new thread:

w00t! I officially finished my Blind Guardian CD collection this weekend, because my girlfriend gave my Batallions of Fear and Follow the Blind for my birthday!

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#2911788 - 13 years ago

Hell yes. BG = <3

Imaginations from the Other Side is my favorite album at the moment, even though the guitar sound is a bit "muddy".

• RedJesper

RedJesper

#2912102 - 13 years ago

I have a lot of thier CD's but I never really was a BIG Blind Guardian fan. There are a few songs that really caught my interest like Battlefield and Mirror Mirror, but for some reason I never got REALLY into them

• HumperFi

HumperFi

#2912654 - 13 years ago

Blind Guardian is awesome. I never used to like them...I never used to like Power metal in general. But now I listen to the whole genre. Its awesome. Imaginations and NIght at the Opera are both awesome.

• Black_Label

Black_Label

#2914596 - 13 years ago

I just got into them as well, and I would have to say they are great and catchy. I would rank them up almost as high as maiden [imo]. Their song, " Another Holy War" is great. I want their CD Imaginations from the other side.

• hayato1333

hayato1333

#2916968 - 13 years ago

I love Blind Guardian, my friend got me into them, along with Hammerfall.
    I havent listened to them in awhile though.

• RedJesper

RedJesper

#2925137 - 13 years ago

for some reason I just don't like they way they sound. Not thier music but thier instruments. The drums don't sound "hard edge" enough and the guitars sound less than professional to me. If they used different equipmen and recorded differently I would like them a lot more, but I guess thier sound is "unique"

• RedJesper

RedJesper

#2925148 - 13 years ago

for some reason I just don't like they way they sound. Not thier music but thier instruments. The drums don't sound "hard edge" enough and the guitars sound less than professional to me. If they used different equipmen and recorded differently I would like them a lot more, but I guess thier sound is "unique"