Forums > Music

Hip Hop

Posts (5255)

• ChipJayKraz

ChipJayKraz

#13983773 - 9 years ago

Rapper from Cleveland, Ohio here.

If you're a rapper as well, or a competent beatsmith and you want to collaborate, send me a message.

That is all.

• Dragostea

Dragostea

#13984006 - 9 years ago

In reply to ChipJayKraz, #5296:

soundcloud.com/snagglefraggle/fatum-iustum-stultorom-fucktease

• MustyMung

MustyMung

#13984365 - 9 years ago

Anyone know if the new Big Boi album is any good? Anyone know if the new Big Boi album is actually hip hop?

• ShadowStylez

ShadowStylez FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14004079 - 8 years ago

Murs & 9th Wonder? OH! EM! GEE!! I found "Sweet Lord" the other day; "And I Love It"! So hot; just BANGIN' behind one of the tightest flows I've ever heard.

"Pusshhhhhh" has my head nodding so hard I think I just got whiplash. Somebody call 911 for me?

"Are You Ready?" Yes I am. Production laced with sonic elements that are juxtaposed yet complimentary, intertwined with lyrics that are fun and entertaining. Accessible without being overly simplistic and mundane.

Then there's the vividly detailed "Nina Ross" as well as "Free". And the wordplay of "Love The Way" and "Marry Me" just add to the overall flavor to make the release even more fulfilling.

So today I got "Fornever" and it's On! Again! "Cigarettes and Liquor" is of the muthafuckin' chain like a dog on the loose. And "The Lick" is some soul-sonic, butter-flavored, grits and eggs served with hot biscuits and molasses.

"The Problem Is..." nothing. 9th Wonder's production is plush and Murs rides the track verbally and vocally like he was born with it. Add guest appearances by Sick Jacken and Uncle Chucc and you just hit the bonus level.

This is that "love-for-the-music" type shit that's missing from way too much of today's Hip-Hop and it's what I've been craving for far too long. Murs and 9th Wonder are on point as far as I'm concerned.

• SaintofBlood

SaintofBlood FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14012256 - 8 years ago

I'm gonna say I love hip hop the most, and rap.

Eminems probably my favorite.

In reply to ipwn007, #5285:

Is Eminem's new album any good? I picked up "Not Afraid" on iTunes when it came out and it hasn't really grown on me. I read in an interview that he was taking this album more seriously, aka more Eminem, less Slim Shady....Honestly I prefer Slim Shady unless the songs are like 8 Mile soundtrack Eminem.

Anyone pick it up?

I bought it, and yes, I love it. It's got some of the best metaphores i've ever heard as well. I absolutely love the album.

Post edited 7/20/10 10:38PM