Forums > Music

The Used

Posts (35)

• Drain_You

Drain_You

#526203 - 14 years ago

If there is already a Used thread excuse me, I didnt see it!
    Right now I am down right in love with The Used. No I am not some emo punk kid who listens to the just because they are the thing to listen to. I really am into their songs, and their lyrics, no matter what, I can pop in their CD and I cant help[ but smile or dance, sometimes both! Also I think Bert is just an awesome person. I never ever like to read articles or interviews on bands, I just cant sit that long. I have caught myself just being drawn into what Bert says. He's a man of words.

usedheader.jpg
    TheUsedBanner.gifberrt.jpg

Now what do you think of these guys?!

• machopancho

machopancho

#526246 - 14 years ago

In reply to Drain_You, #1:

I agree!!!! The Used kick ass and Bert is awesome, if you don't already have one you need to get a "Bert is my Homeboy" shirt right away!!! Oh and just wondering...would you be my thousand fucks?

• Drain_You

Drain_You

#526248 - 14 years ago

In reply to machopancho, #2:

I already have A Bert is my homeboy shirt!!

Lets start with one fuck okie? :)

• Cobra_RPM

Cobra_RPM

#526256 - 14 years ago

I agree,The Used is really good

• GodofMetal

GodofMetal

#526463 - 14 years ago

Good Job on stretching the page.

I don't like them, my girlfriend loves them though.

• Drain_You

Drain_You

#526466 - 14 years ago

ahahahahah!
    Scuse me I need to die laughing!
    Ok all better
    I was being a bitch in a American Idol community, and this one girl says "Dont mind her, she listens to The Used so that means she is just and angry person who smokes pot and hates the world. She wishes she were dead but is to chicken to do it, so she listens to the Used to make herself feel all better."

If I listend to the Used to make myself better, I would be even worse off than I am now

• LordPerrin

LordPerrin

#526811 - 14 years ago

The Used are awsome! The only problem is that they are so popular, so everyone assumes your like yet another Emo follower if you listen to them.

Bert is frikin awsome!

• Pubert

Pubert

#547123 - 14 years ago

The Used is a great band, one of my favorites. Bert has to be one of the coolest people in the world. In my opinoin the older cd is way better than the new one though.

• jackiebot

jackiebot FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold me irl

#547144 - 14 years ago

In reply to Pubert, #8:

the Used is pretty cool... i saw them at Warped Tour back in '03.. Bert gaffled a disposable camera from someone in the crowd, took a few pics of himself and his band mates, took a picture of the the entire crowd giving him the middle finger then tossed it back to the kid.. those would be some fun pictures to have..

despite the fact that i work in a place where i have tons of access to all the nonsensical crap you can read/hear/learn about a band.. i just have never had the time pay attention to anything bert's Really said outside of the lyrics.. what with my time-consuming NIN obsession... but i can say he's pretty hot...

• b3durnk

b3durnk

#547155 - 14 years ago

I found the chorus to "Box Of Sharp Objects" or whatever that song it kinda catchy. Other than that, I really don't like them

• Fireball

Fireball DRUNK

#547166 - 14 years ago

I saw the Used at Taste of Choas...they put on a good show...but I'm really not into them so I didnt stay for the rest of the show.

• appledude211

appledude211

#547256 - 14 years ago

In reply to _Fire_Ball_, #11:

The Used is Emo + Screamo...both of those kinds of music fucking suck, LONG LIVE METAL

METAL UP YOUR ASS!!!

• b3durnk

b3durnk

#547259 - 14 years ago

In reply to appledude211, #12:

It's people like you who give us metalheads bad names.

• Drain_You

Drain_You

#547281 - 14 years ago

In reply to appledude211, #12:

ummm, metal people dont scream?

• b3durnk

b3durnk

#547324 - 14 years ago

In reply to Drain_You, #14:

Many don't. =X Your stereotypical metal does.

• Drain_You

Drain_You

#547329 - 14 years ago

In reply to b3durnk, #15:

ah i see

• neXus

neXus

#547348 - 14 years ago

The Used really ain't my kinda thing, not at all a fan of emo. More of a Ska man which is about as far from emo as you can get. lol

• nfgpunx12345

nfgpunx12345

#547352 - 14 years ago

In reply to neXus, #17:

A Huge fan of the used absolutley love their lyrics

• LPredator13

LPredator13

#547353 - 14 years ago

In reply to neXus, #17:

i'm a fan of the used, but only in terms of their first album. their second album is way to emo for me. not as much edge as the first one. box full of sharp objects is by far their best song was well.

• MacManus

MacManus

#547526 - 14 years ago

In reply to LPredator13, #19:

I listened to In Love and Death, and only a couple choice songs really did anything for me. Their first CD pwns in comparison, and LP, I'd have to argue that Pieces Mended beats out Box... by a little bit.

• spacebrat311

spacebrat311

#548921 - 14 years ago

For an emo band, good instrumentals. Def. good writing.

Noooooo singing ability though. None.

VPM (voicecracks per minute) rating rivaling that of NFG. Who should die.

In conclusion, I like them. Mostly for writing and catchiness. By no means amazing, though...

• Battl3Ax3

Battl3Ax3

#549281 - 14 years ago

i dont dig the Used too much. I used to when i was trying to date this one chick, so i acted like I liked em a bunch so i could go out with her...but then i started listening to a bunch of their stuff and it wasnt quite my cup of tea. They're a little over played.

When i look at the band and its followers, they remind me of a Emo/non grundge version of Nirvana. People like them just cuz they think its cool to like em.

• b3durnk

b3durnk

#549371 - 14 years ago

In reply to Battl3Ax3, #22:

Many bands have that same aspect. It's not like it's uncommon.

• Drain_You

Drain_You

#549952 - 14 years ago

Picture.jpg?dc=4675517462160901053

my sister (she's 9) we were drawing today, and this is what she came up with. A guy rockin out to "Take it away" (The Used)

• MacManus

MacManus

#550062 - 14 years ago

In reply to Drain_You, #24:

Thats awesome, give that mod to your sister for me!