Forums > Music

Beat on the Brat

Posts (38)

• Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell

#568677 - 14 years ago

Yeah, I used a Ramones title for this thread. But that's not the point.

Have you ever been to a concert and seen a [band name here]-obsessed person that you want to beat the crap out of?

I had VIP passes for Evanescence, but I had to be let into the venue at the front gates (it's an outdoor venue). I'm waiting at the gate, my brother (the second ticket person) was next to me, and one of the employees at the venue comes up to the gate and yells "I'm looking for VIPs from 99.1, 99.5 and DC101."
    This guy pushed me out of the way and said "I'm a VIP! I have their first album, Origin!" And he shoots his arm up in the air to prove it- hitting me in the cheek while doing it.
    I pushed back towards the gate and said "yeah. I'm Robyn, with DC101." And the guy goes "Yeah! I'm her guest!"
    I grabbed my brother's arm and I said "No, THIS is my guest."
    The guy said "Yeah, but I slept at the ticket booth to get tickets. I could only afford lawn seats, but still! I'm a VIP! I've been a fan from the beginning!"
    Then the DJ from DC101 came over and said "Dude, shut up. I'm looking for a chick. She said she was short. Are you her (pointing towards me)"
    I grinned and said "Yes!" The DJ then said "Okay, let's get you away from this idiot. I have your backstage pass at the table."
    The guy wasn't very happy. But I really wanted to beat his ass for elbowing me and trying to get in.

• StrumTheory

StrumTheory DWA

#568825 - 14 years ago

In reply to Tinkerhell, #1:

Oh, this one time at an AC/DC concert...

First, do you know that 40-something, 70's rock 'n roll obsessed, rock band tatooed (most likely the "Dark Side of the Moon" Prism), drunk guy who's favorite phrase is "ROCK 'N ROLL WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *pukes then passes out* "? That guy? You got the image in your head now? Okay.

Like I was saying, this one time at an AC/DC concert, I was standing next to one of those... "guys"... and he would not shut up! He constently wanted to share his appreciation of the rock legends that were rocking in front of us with EVERYONE! He wanted to hug me. I'm gonna say that again: HE WANTED TO HUG ME, he loved rock so much. I refuse to believe he was lucid that night. At one point, he was very quiet and stopped talking. I was rather curious as to was going on; maybe he was dead; awesome! I look over. What do you think he was doing... OF COURSE! He was SMOKING WEED! That only way to get a guy like that to shut up is to mellow him out. The only way to mellow him out is with weed. He saw me looking at him and he offered me a toke. I have a rule about touching anything that has touched the lips of an asshole, so I said no.

Granted, it wasn't as beat-down worthy as your story, Tinkerhell, but pissed-off inducing none the less.

• Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell

#568886 - 14 years ago

In reply to HornPimp, #2:

Don't you love assholes?

Side note about my story: The DJ used the "backstage pass" thing on purpose, just to piss the guy off.
    But as you can see (in my profile)...It wasn't a lame excuse.

• Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell

#569576 - 14 years ago

So...does anyone else have "interesting" concert stories?

• Fireball

Fireball DRUNK

#569628 - 14 years ago

In reply to Tinkerhell, #4:

Way to many to count..I've got some interesting stories to tell.
    Like that time I got to party with Underoath.

• croix3m

croix3m

#569639 - 14 years ago

In reply to _Fire_Ball_, #5:

I partially dislocated my hip at a POD concert thanks to the shirtless wonders who (between sets, mind you) decided to get the crowd pushing back and forth. My buddy and I were at the edge of the pit, and as soon as I saw what was going on, I was on my back on concrete, with about 5 guys laying on my right leg. This would not have burt, but my shin and foot were on top of my left leg (above the knee) , so tension + force = dislocation. I couldn't walk very good, but still managed to make my way into the pit and exact some revenge.

• Fireball

Fireball DRUNK

#569649 - 14 years ago

In reply to croix3m, #6:

I had my nose ring ripped out by a skinhead at a Zombie concert.
    And a patch of hair.

But I fucked him up pretty good before they (security) carried me off. Lets just say I'm sure he wont be having kids...at all.

• Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell

#569658 - 14 years ago

In reply to _Fire_Ball_, #7:

I remember people started moshing at a Smashing Pumpkins concert. To begin with, Billy Corgan wasn't happy that they were moshing. Then I was thrown into the mosh pit. Understand, a 5'0" girl that is about 100 lbs should NOT be in a mosh pit. My friends started freaking out, and Billy Corgan actually stepped away from the mic for a second to tell security to get me the hell out.
    Oh yeah, and I went to that concert the April after my first knee surgery (Which was in November)...so between the bass shaking up my knee (and hurting) and people bumping into me to throw me in the pit...I was in a LOT of pain.

• Fireball

Fireball DRUNK

#569664 - 14 years ago

In reply to Tinkerhell, #8:

I dont know about that, I have a friend by the name of Faithe...and she is the hardest bitch I know.
    She is tiny. About 5'1 and 95 pounds, of pure ass kicking metal. Shes also OCD and has tourettes.

• Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell

#569671 - 14 years ago

In reply to _Fire_Ball_, #9:

Okay...I'm a PACIFISTIC 5'0 100lb girl. I won't hurt anyone unless I have to (or they've really, REALLY pissed me off...like the guy I kicked in the chest with my steel-toed boots...*evil grin*). Oh, and the Smashing Pumpkins concert was my first concert ever.

• cg1985

cg1985

#569936 - 14 years ago

unfortunately my most exciting story was getting lost on the way to a venue...

• whosmisled

whosmisled

#569990 - 14 years ago

After over 10 years of punk & hardcore shows I've got a lot of instances of dealing with shit like this. Ugh... people can be some obnoxious when it comes to their favorite band and being the #1 fan of said band.

• Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell

#570111 - 14 years ago

In reply to whosmisled, #12:

Share some stories!

• Fireball

Fireball DRUNK

#570113 - 14 years ago

In reply to whosmisled, #12:

Speak you!

• Team_America

Team_America

#570392 - 14 years ago

some friands went to a tool conset ( i was broke) and this on guy i know was crowd surfing and on his way back they took his shoe's, he got one througn bact at him, and was mising one, he found it out side on the ground next to thier care, some one had droped it thire,

i went with friands to a "dave matthews" conesret (im not a big fan hes ok but) he was with tim renolds( gutar mad man) and these guys behind us keep doing all kinds of shit, moving, yelling, (we were in seats in side) and they started smoking, fist cigs them pot, and im friands dident like that, i thought it was funny, but i was pissed when secerty drug them out and i got hit in the the prosses,

• Tb0ne

Tb0ne

#570760 - 14 years ago

In reply to Team_America, #15:

Dear God Educate yourself before you make my brain bleed again.

• whosmisled

whosmisled

#571532 - 14 years ago

In reply to Tinkerhell, #13:

Let's see, there's the one time at an Earth Crisis/Snapcase (at least I think it was with Snapcase otherwise I don't know why I even went, can't stand Earth Crisis) show that this kid decided to do a flip off of a speaker column instead of a normal stage dive and landed 10 feet in front of me (right in front of his friends who decided not catch his ass) ON HIS NECK and ExCx kept playing while everyone on the floor was checking to see if this kid was even breathing. Had to keep some no necks from stomping this kid and send a couple of guys I knew to see how fast we could get some medical attention for him. Luckily the guy turned out to be okay after a concussion and being in a neck brace for a couple months or something.

• somedrumdude

somedrumdude

#571601 - 14 years ago

haha, stupid people. .

• Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell

#576247 - 14 years ago

This makes me sad...

For all the people here that have been to concerts...there aren't more people with these kinds of stories?

• whosmisled

whosmisled

#576368 - 14 years ago

In reply to Tinkerhell, #19:

If I get the time I might roll out some more... here's a quick one....

One time we helped set up a VFW Hall show for the Mr. T Experience and I had the opportunity to spend most of the time hanging out with Dr. Frank drinking beers, getting him drunk, and then enjoying all of his gut spill about what shows in halls like this were like when he was a kid and his other musings on life whilst many a 20something or teenaged girl swooned by him. Unfortunately the swoonage didn't help me out but we did have a mighty fine time being drunken musicians by the time the show started.

• darkLoki

darkLoki

#576568 - 14 years ago

In reply to whosmisled, #20:

2 of my best ones:
    Getting Crowbar to let me and 2 friends into seeing them and Hatebreed play in a sweatbox at a venue 100 miles from home....and sharing a joint with Brian Fair. I'll never forget that.

• Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell

#576907 - 14 years ago

In reply to darkLoki, #21:

Dude...we're not discussing awesome "who I met" stories...this is "This guy pissed me the fuck off" stories

• Fireball

Fireball DRUNK

#576919 - 14 years ago

In reply to Tinkerhell, #22:

I have alot of "who i've met stories"
    I also have alot of "I got this scar from this show" stories.

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#576924 - 14 years ago

In reply to croix3m, #6:

That's exactly how every P.O.D. concert is.

Which is exactly why I will never go to another concert of theirs again. You'd think that most of these guys would be concerned with "spreading the love of Jesus", not trying to cause permanent injury to random fans.

My personal experience of their show was just messed up. Way too many idiots trying to "jump the fence" and "jumping onto the stage". My favorite of these was the infamous "grabbing the little 12 year old fans and tossing them up into the air to meet Jesus".

• Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell

#576942 - 14 years ago

In reply to _Fire_Ball_, #23:

Oh, "who I've met" stories are the ones I find most fun. Because I can legitimately say I've been felt up by Justin Timberlake. Then again, I was working in Disney.