Forums > Music

Linkin Park: What is your opinion? (LOL - PIXIE)

Posts (1381)

• biosword

biosword FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#990256 - 14 years ago

to me this has to be one of the best bands out there, their music seems to relate easily with teenagers. plus there music is headbanging, has awesome guitars, and they put on a great concert. So what do you think of them?

• wasabi

wasabi

#990304 - 14 years ago

lollerz

• red989

red989

#990369 - 14 years ago

Hah, I love people that don't read the guidelines.

• Pixie

Pixie

#990413 - 14 years ago

I think all caps are irritating.

Other than that, I don't think that bands should be disqualified from discussion just because the majority of people here don't like them.

Let the people who want to talk sensibly about the band continue to do so, anyone else can please keep their comments out of the thread.

Thank you.

• 0311GHOST

0311GHOST

#990516 - 14 years ago

In reply to biosword, #1:

Their music is great and their lyrics actually mean something and people can relate. As for their concert they are good but the best is how they control a crown. I saw them in san diego and they made the crowd promise if they moshed that if someone got knocked down that they would pick them back up. Very few bands do that!!!

• Abraham

Abraham

#990599 - 14 years ago

problem with Linkin Park is that the music is shallow and requires no talent. sure, they're catchy. but if you give me one formula to a song of theirs, i'll give you the formula for all of their songs. Same formula, every time, without exception is insulting to the listener and is just plain boring.

That was nice, though, wasn't it?

• red989

red989

#990606 - 14 years ago

In reply to biosword, #1:

I like them, but not a lot of people here do. Their music is pretty simple, but so is other bands.

• warpedshark

warpedshark

#990626 - 14 years ago

I must admit I do like Linkin Park.
    Allthough they are not the most talented of the bands I listen too I often find myself comming back to listen to thier music.
    One thing that I have noticed is that the B sides are often better the album tracks so I find myself listening to maily the B sides and unrealsed tracks rather then the albums.

• wasabi

wasabi

#990649 - 14 years ago

In reply to Pixie, #4:

You should so change the color of your part of the title.

It would make the title too long. :p

• E_S

E_S

#990888 - 14 years ago

In reply to warpedshark, #8:

Yes, I agree with your point, the songs are catchy and I don't see why people don't approve.
    Sure it's maybe the same thing over and over again, but then that's the good thing about it, you don't have to keep wondering about what might be new in the new album...

• Tb0ne

Tb0ne

#991033 - 14 years ago

In reply to Pixie, #4:

The rule was mainly stated because at one time we had a dozen threads that all said, "Linking Park is Teh AWESOMEST BAND EVAR!!!!" I can tolerate one, not just more than two.

• Hostile

Hostile

#991314 - 14 years ago

Good live show, tbh.

• red989

red989

#991597 - 14 years ago

They need to come out with a new cd. And I guess this is the official LP thread now. Just make sure there is no other LP threads. People beg for the search function, and don't even use it.

• biosword

biosword FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#991649 - 14 years ago

i checked and didn't find anything on a LP thread

• wasabi

wasabi

#992318 - 14 years ago

In reply to wasabi, #9:

Haha, that sucks.

• darkLoki

darkLoki

#992441 - 14 years ago

DiMono probably deleted them. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been flamed out of the forum.

LP have one good song, in my opinion. Its a rarity, called My December. Very good.

• biosword

#992699 - 14 years ago

yeah, i really like faint

• warpedshark

warpedshark

#992737 - 14 years ago

Seeing as we are going into favourite tracks mine are:
    Dedicated and Carousel

• skru_u

skru_u

#992896 - 14 years ago

linkinparks first cd was kick ass. when they went all rap, thats when the lost it.

• biosword

#992946 - 14 years ago

i think meteora is the best

• warpedshark

warpedshark

#992989 - 14 years ago

Can we try and explain why we think a certain album is the best please before this thread degenerates like so many before it.

• realdeal_55

realdeal_55

#993267 - 14 years ago

I love Linkin Park. My fave band.
    I liked Hybrid Theroy more than Meteora, and Meteora more than Reanimation.

• Negadeth

Negadeth

#994504 - 14 years ago

Linkin Park have no integrity or musicianship.
    Why you people insist on putting them on a pedestal above bands that have worked hard to learn their instruments, to keep writing the music they want to write despite the lack of money and popularity for it, and above all to stay true to their fans and their music, is beyond me.

Seriously, go and listen to something other than what MTV says is good. Good music never just falls into your lap, you have to go out and look for it.

• realdeal_55

realdeal_55

#995028 - 14 years ago

In reply to Negadeth, #23:

Integrity is a matter of viewpoint.
    Your music? 3 Inches Of Blood, Aikawa Nanase, Alice Cooper, Annihilator, Anthrax, Apocalyptica, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath Blind Guardian, Brainstorm, Celtic Frost, Damageplan, Dark Tranqullity, Death Angel, Demons & Wizards, Diamond Head, Dio, Dragonforce, Dream Evil, Evergrey, Exodus, Faith No More, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest, just to take a few from your profile.
    You're obviously not a fan of Linkin Park's Rap/Rock style of music. Of course Linkin Park lacks integrity to you.

Somebody enjoys an interesting mix of Rock and Hip-Hop, then maybe Linkin Park will have integrity to that person. To each their own.

As for MTV (MuchMusic here in Canada), I never watch it. I don't know what Linkin Park's most recent video is, or any of my other 2 fave bands, BNL and Sum 41. MTV/Much have no credibility to me. Neither does my local rock radio station (any station that says that BNL isn't the right Genre to be played on a rock radio station has no credibility to me.).

• red989

red989

#995365 - 14 years ago

Hah! I can't even watch MTV. We don't have it in my town. I like them, even if they can't play as well as someone like the people you listen to. It's like if you play an unique style of music now, you get shutdown. But this topic is about telling your opinion, and I respect yours, but I don't agree with it.