Forums > Music

Weezer

Posts (324)

• tmoneynyy

tmoneynyy

#10625680 - 11 years ago

I don't think it's their last... if they were gonna go out, they'd go out with a bigger bang than the red album.

As for the tour, I saw them with Foo Fighters a few years back, so it'll be hard to top that.

• Kingofgoons

Kingofgoons

#11041659 - 10 years ago

I'm going to the Oct 2 Chicago, IL - All State Arena concert.

I can't wait!

• ipwn007

ipwn007

#11041687 - 10 years ago

In reply to TheGreekMind, #304:

I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe I read somewhere that Rivers said they were releasing another album in Nov. 2009, so I assume they'll tour that album.

Put up with AvA? Gah, I think I'm going to see them and AvA is icing on the cake. I love Tom DeLonge, and both AvA albums are incredible.

• Weasellope

Weasellope

#11347324 - 10 years ago

In reply to ipwn007, #307:

I just got the Weezer Rock Band DLC

• mattiecore

mattiecore

#11351554 - 10 years ago

In reply to Weasellope, #308:

What song(s) ?

• mattiecore

mattiecore

#11561749 - 10 years ago

Best album cover of all time?

Perhaps this one.

• b12y4n51m0n

b12y4n51m0n

#11589094 - 10 years ago

In reply to mattiecore, #1:

love playing Weezer on Rockband!!

• Wolfmother

Wolfmother

#11636117 - 10 years ago

"you wanted arts and crafts, how's this for arts are crafts"

smiley12.gif the Weez

• ipwn007

ipwn007

#11662744 - 10 years ago

So who got River's new solo album (Alone II: The Home Recordings of Rivers Cuomo)?

I did and it's downright amazing! My favorite songs are "I was scared" and "Can't Stop Partying". The best part is the liner notes though, Rivers describes how each song came about and how and where they fit into his life / career with Weezer.

I wrote a full review for my MySpace blog...I'm going to copy it to my blog here in a second so check it out.

By the way the album is under the Weezer section at most stores...I kept looking for a Cuomo section....Haha.

• mattiecore

mattiecore

#11663628 - 10 years ago

In reply to ipwn007, #313:

I haven't picked it up yet; I'm poor.

The liner notes were the best thing about the first Alone album, too

• shaun_

shaun_

#12355417 - 10 years ago

I haven't checked out the Alone 2 album, how is it?

• mattiecore

mattiecore

#12355971 - 10 years ago

In reply to shaun_, #315:

I still don't have it yet....

=(

• mattiecore

mattiecore

#13077562 - 9 years ago

new Weezer album due out October 27. the title is Raditude

anyone heard the new single yet?

• DoNothing69

DoNothing69

#13079247 - 9 years ago

Wow, it's been less than 18 months since the Red album came out. I'll keep an eye out for the single but this is all news to me.

• shaun_

shaun_

#13369643 - 9 years ago

Anyone got the new Weezer album?
    If so, how is it?

• mattiecore

mattiecore

#13370433 - 9 years ago

In reply to shaun_, #319:

I got it the other day, but still haven't listened to it

• TheGreekMind

TheGreekMind

#13377342 - 9 years ago

I'm not very optimistic. "I Want You To" isn't bad, but I heard "Can't Stop Partying", and... well, you can listen to it for yourself if you want.

• mr_sammer

mr_sammer

#13395164 - 9 years ago

raditude is weird its true, but cant stop partying is a song and style rivers has long wanted to tackle, and i actually like the rap and the lyric about mixin alcohol with pharmaceuticals. i want you to and girl got hot are just tight and delightful

• Gunhavor

Gunhavor

#13463532 - 9 years ago

i was so suprised and happy to see this page

• TheGreekMind

TheGreekMind

#14123479 - 8 years ago

OMFG a new Weezer album that's actually kind of good. Like overall. Not just one or two songs. Not just okay. Like, inarguably, the best album since Maladroit. Arguably the best since Green or Pinkerton depending on who you ask. I think I can die happy now.

• ipwn007

ipwn007

#14137654 - 8 years ago

Hurley is absolutely amazing, easily my second or third favorite Weezer album (leaning toward second). Every song on it has an energy that they haven't been able to master awhile (a few songs on the Red Album were there but it's hard to say Raditude reached their potential). My absolute favorites are "Where's My Sex", "Trainwrecks", "Represent" and "Brave New World" with the rest all on level ground right below. Maybe they're all my favorites... LOL.

Love the cover of Viva La Vida as well. If you plan to get the album get the deluxe version. Not really any reason the four bonus tracks shouldn't have made the album. Though I also recommend picking up the single version of Represent on iTunes because the soccer commentary in the beginning really starts the song off energetically (Represent is a song they did supporting Team U.S.A. in the World Cup btw).

I'd love to see this stuff live, but apparently they are planning to do a 'Blinkterton' tour, playing only Blue Album and Pinkerton material. (In fact Cuomo has stated he wants to do a two night per city tour, Blue Album in its entirety on night one and Pinkerton in its entirety on night two. I don't believe it's been confirmed yet though.

• TheGreekMind

TheGreekMind

#14467393 - 8 years ago

In reply to ipwn007, #325:

Went to Blue Album night. Could only afford one and I needed to hear Say It Ain't So. Was totally worth it. High fived Rivers. Sing along during SIAS gave me chills. He wore the same shirt & pants from the Blue Album cover. They had an awesome slide show on the history of the band. Happiness.

Anyways, I know this was a while ago but I just logged in to RT and saw there was a reply on this thread so I decided to post.

• Suto_Griff

Suto_Griff

#14467402 - 8 years ago

In reply to TheGreekMind, #326:

That's pretty dope man. If I'd've known about that a while ago I'd be all over those tickets. Glad you had a blast. I got to see 'em for free a while back, I'm pretty sure it was right before the Hurley release. That was a blast, no doubt!

• ParksInRecreation

ParksInRecreation The Perturbed Prince

#33291366 - 2 years ago

I haven't listened to the newest Weezer yet, but I'll have to do so soon. I didn't start listening to them until 06, but I instantly fell in like with them. However, I started with their older stuff first. When I got to the stuff by them that was out around that time (I think), I didn't like it nearly as much as the older material. Well, except for Perfect Situation. I loved that song. I lost track of them after that, but I always have fun listening to the songs I do like by them. I heard the new album was quite good.