Forums > Music

Relient K

Posts (41)

• opeagleeye

opeagleeye

#1240250 - 14 years ago

This is by far my favorite band. Don't know how many of you know who the are, but they are getting pretty popular of late. There music is fun, and their lyrics can be downright hilarious. Matthew Thiessen, their lead singer and songwriter, and also lead guitar, can write amazingly poetic songs. Go to www.purevolume.com/relientk to listen to some of their music. Be forewarned its Christian Rock and I think one of the songs directly mentions God, but I imagine it won't be a big issue. Also, go to http://www.purevolume.com/matthewthiessenandtheearthquakes to listen to three more great songs written by matthew Thiessen.

• opeagleeye

opeagleeye

#1240259 - 14 years ago

Oops. Those links don't worky. Copy and paste I guess.

• DefineMisery

DefineMisery

#1293929 - 14 years ago

hmm...RK...
    No matter how much I disagree with the Christian religion, these guys are still talented. I'm not a satanist or anything, jsut not christian.
    I like the song In Love With the 80's

• Danno_Fett

Danno_Fett

#1316121 - 14 years ago

Relient K is an "okay" group to me. I have to disagree with some of the songs, but in general they are good. I have 2 of thier CD's, Two lefts dont make a right, but three do, and mmhmm. They are both pretty good.

• koston

koston

#1316416 - 14 years ago

In reply to DefineMisery, #4:

I ditto that, RK is a great band besides the fact they're christian. That doesnt seem to bother me untill people start saying that they just talk about god and stuff. UnderOath is also a christian band and they are one of my favs, but they dont talk about god in ever single song.

• Danno_Fett

Danno_Fett

#1320701 - 14 years ago

In reply to koston, #6:

The fact that Relient K is Christian shouldn't bother you. It's not a bad thing to say that you like a Christian band. I hope it doesnt bother you, cause a lot of thier songs dont talk about God. In fact MANY of thier songs dont talk about God. UnderOath is a great band, I like them too. They do talk about God...well, not that much...but they do have great morals in thier songs. It's not a bad thing to talk about God or just mention God in a song.

• n00sance

n00sance

#1458015 - 14 years ago

mmhmm...
    Just got the CD. It's quite awesome. It makes me look forward to the next Yellowcard CD. They have a very similar sound. I don't have their old stuff (just got into them) but i will probobly get them. Are the old ones as good as this one?
    Anyway, if you dont listen to Relient K you should.

• KillerChick

KillerChick

#1461620 - 14 years ago

I love Relient K! They are a really awesome band! I got into them when i found there first cd in my brothers cd case! didnt even know it was there! Then i went and got two lefts dont make a right when it first came out! and got Mmhmm also when it came out! i got there 2nd one not too long ago which i really like! haha yea sry bout the story! just thought u'd want to know...not really! i'm just bored!

in short...i like 'em!

• greenfairie

greenfairie

#1464963 - 14 years ago

Relient K owns. I was suppose to see them play at Six Flags two summers ago, but my ride got ill. I wanted to see them at Poewr of One, but couldn't go. Then I was excited when I heard they were at Warped Tour, but the Milwaukee one they weren't, although they will be at Minnesota, but I have a grad party to attend the day beforehand.

Whenever I listen to them I always get a craving for skittles or combos, not even kidding. lmao.

• KillerChick

KillerChick

#1466757 - 14 years ago

In reply to greenfairie, #10:

Yea i've had some concerts that i was going to but something always came in the way! i may go see them at warped tour when it gets here!

Haha thats funny bout u having a craving for skilles or combos! I think its cause they always talk bout them!

• spacebrat311

spacebrat311

#1470191 - 14 years ago

It's a car, actually.

• Danno_Fett

Danno_Fett

#1470373 - 14 years ago

In reply to greenfairie, #10:

WOW! That's funny...I get a craving for skittles when I listen to em. Wierd...

• GrenadeJumpe

GrenadeJumpe

#1470407 - 14 years ago

Yea, an older car. Matt (The lead singer) had one, thats where they got the name from. And uh, they have 4 cd's, the first and the last are by far the best. The first, because, its good. And the last because they matured so much from "Two Lefts...", its almost magical. Any real Relient K fan knows whay I'm talkin about.

• Danno_Fett

Danno_Fett

#1471078 - 14 years ago

In reply to GrenadeJumpe, #15:

Amen! They have matured A LOT!

• EliteSilverX

EliteSilverX

#1471523 - 14 years ago

I haven't really listened to this band yet. But what CDs do you recommend?

• GrenadeJumpe

GrenadeJumpe

#1471845 - 14 years ago

In reply to EliteSilverX, #17:

The Self Titled album, its the first one they made. And its Gooooooood.

• spacebrat311

spacebrat311

#1473586 - 14 years ago

I reccomend Mmhmm

• KillerChick

KillerChick

#1494453 - 14 years ago

i recommend...all of them! i love em all! haha

• AryaStark

AryaStark

#1497268 - 14 years ago

I listened to a song on the radio by them. God, I hated that song. The guitar work is not good, the drummer was terrible, and the vocalist was such an emo singer. Maybe I shouldn't review emo bands, because I hate most of them.

• n00sance

n00sance

#1544623 - 14 years ago

I got mmhmm a while ago it's amazing. The band in general is awesome.

• jxdalton

jxdalton FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold BIGBITE CEO

#1840862 - 13 years ago

Go for The Anatomy of the Tounge in Cheek. This was a well put together album, and is artistic in merit. Their next album, Two Rights Don't Make a Left, But Three Do, wasn't bad, but their most recent album, Mhmmm, or however they spell it, was poor. Of course, this is coming from my background as a Christian Rock recording artist, so it may be a bit biased. At any rate, RK is trying to make it in the mainstream, and I think they are trying too hard, and, above all, selling out. In order to make it in the mainstream rock industry, they have lost their Christian roots, and my respect in the process. Even Creed never lost it's Christian roots. (let's not turn this into an argument about whether or not Creed sucks.) In short, Reliant K's old stuff is great, but their new stuff sucks hardcore.

Of course, that's just my opinion...

• crazypotato

crazypotato

#1841614 - 13 years ago

Hmm Relient K... I suppose if you like any other of the pop-punk/rock/whatever crap that seems to be popular these days, you'll like them. I mean they sound so similar to other bands in the genre, its great.

Also, does anyone else find it slightly ironic that a Christian band plays on a tour that is famous for having such bands as Bad Religion play on it? Way to support your beliefs guys.

• b3durnk

b3durnk

#1842098 - 13 years ago

I find them much too boring and simple to listen to.

• Danno_Fett

Danno_Fett

#1843053 - 13 years ago

I think that it's good when someone like relient k tours with secular bands. Although, thats not always good for Relient K bein with unbelievers all the time, its a good influence on the other bands. The goal is to get people interested in Christian bands and maybe someday become a Christian.