Forums > Music

Christian Music

Posts (1729)

• meisme

meisme

#1286825 - 14 years ago

I am sorry if there is this thread already.
    I wanted to open up forum for any type of Christian music. I had noticed bits and peaces of some Christian stuff, but I thought that it was important to name and list a few of the greatest Christian arts.

So to start with I am going for the all time greatest, DC Talk. I can't even think of enough stuff to say about this great and honorable band. I had the awesome luck to see them in person before they went there seperet ways. So this song I am Listing is for them, Red Letters.

• meisme

meisme

#1287270 - 14 years ago

In reply to Magic_Elf, #2:

Ok I understand, and u are very right. I on the other hand though like a group called Extol. Try them they are good death metal

• davidl

davidl

#1287515 - 14 years ago

The former band Creed.

• tiesto

tiesto

#1288220 - 14 years ago

i like wreckingbal, also christian deathmetal, and switchfoot, and cutless, and all that other christian crap i am forced to listen to but sadly, i like, not as much as fire tho...fire...

fire...

• meisme

meisme

#1291265 - 14 years ago

In reply to davidl, #4:

Technically never claimed to be Christian. In fact they said that they were a nonChristian band.

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#1293079 - 14 years ago

In reply to meisme, #7:

Technically. It seems to be a pretty relevant conclusion though, considering the themes of their songs.

• Danno_Fett

Danno_Fett

#1316049 - 14 years ago

Ok, first of all, Creed was not a Christian band. It's that simple. Secondly, some good bands are Caedmon's Call, Third Day, Mae, MxPx (some say they are not Christian though), the Supertones, and Underoath.

• spacebrat311

spacebrat311

#1320638 - 14 years ago

Switchfoot. The end.

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#1322000 - 14 years ago

In reply to spacebrat311, #10:

I love how someone modded this guys post +1 funny. =D

• mattiecore

mattiecore

#1322631 - 14 years ago

Zao
    As I Lay Dying
    Underoath
    Blindside
    Norma Jean

For some reason, my Christian music repertoire is limited to hardcore/emocore bands. No idea why...

• no2lies

no2lies

#1322722 - 14 years ago

Audio Adrenaline
    delirious?
    Supertones
    dc Talk
    Newsboys
    Zao
    The W's

....what can I say? I have music ADD.

• Tb0ne

Tb0ne

#1324340 - 14 years ago

Even though I'm Christian, for the most part I find the bands to suck with some exceptions made for Five Iron and maybe a few select others. Extol is mediocre and is also semi-thrash.

• Danno_Fett

Danno_Fett

#1325289 - 14 years ago

In reply to Ragnaviper, #11:

I think your post was funnier...

ok, here is a list I made...there are still a bunch more, but this is all i can think of for now...Christian music, punk, rock, almost anything but rap...Caedmon's Call, Third Day, Mae, MxPx , Supertones, Underoath, Kutless, dc Talk, MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Building 429, Chris Tomlin, Newsboys, Sonicflood, Switchfoot, Thousand Foot Krutch, Barlow Girl, David Crowder Band, Subseven, Audio Adrenaline, F.F.H., Superchic[k], Smalltown Poets, tobyMac, Tait, PFR, and more...they arent in any particular order...

• mattiecore

mattiecore

#1326524 - 14 years ago

In reply to Tb0ne, #14:

Oh dang

I need to add Five Iron Frenzy to my list

• DoodIRule

DoodIRule

#1326737 - 14 years ago

mxpx. only good christian band.

• Kittenofhope

Kittenofhope

#1327109 - 14 years ago

Lifehouse are awesome, I've heard some think of them as a Christian band, although i believe they have a side project for their more Chrsitian musical outlet.
    Switchfoot are great too.

• Siege

Siege

#1327208 - 14 years ago

TOOOOOOO HELLLLLLLLL WIITHHHHH THHE DEVIL!

• xredcoatx

xredcoatx

#1327847 - 14 years ago

Underoath is amazing! Gotta love Christian hardcore.

• meisme

meisme

#1329204 - 14 years ago

In reply to Danno_Fett, #9:

Right u are! I love the Supertones and also, Third day. I was lucky enough to see the Supertones in concert and they were awsome. Also another band out there is the NewsBoys, they have some of the most popular songs. Such as Reality, Breakfast, Shine, Take me to Your Leader. and others.

So if u are looking for some sort of band like thrid day or DC Talk, look up the Newsboys.

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#1329227 - 14 years ago

You know everyone, it's O.K. to mention P.O.D. in a christian music thread. It always seems like people avoid mentioning them for some reason though...

• Danno_Fett

Danno_Fett

#1329606 - 14 years ago

In reply to Ragnaviper, #22:

Well, people dont mention them because 1. They dont like them, or 2. Many people dont consider them to be Christian.

• Kittenofhope

Kittenofhope

#1329642 - 14 years ago

I like P.O.D they're very good.

• Danno_Fett

Danno_Fett

#1329698 - 14 years ago

In reply to meisme, #21:

Aw, im jealous of you! I almost saw the Supertones in concert, but they canceled! I was so upset! I really want to see them and MxPx in concert.

Newsboys have some classic songs! I'm 17 and I remember when I was 10 or 11 that my brother listened to them. They were great then and still great now!

I think that Mac Powell does a great job at writting songs for Third Day as well as other songs for other groups. Third Day has some of the best music, as far as theological base, that I know...there are others, like Casting Crowns, that are good too, but I like Third Day better.
    Sorry if I confused anyone with my terrible grammer...I cand spel a thang!!

• Danno_Fett

Danno_Fett

#1329706 - 14 years ago

In reply to Kittenofhope, #24:

I think some of POD's songs are good, but only a few. The 2 that I like are Will You and Change the World.

• Siege

Siege

#1329815 - 14 years ago

Stryper owns every band in this thread.