Forums > Music

Seether, what you think of them?

Posts (48)

• YAhMan

YAhMan

#1504745 - 14 years ago

Ok one of my favorite bands is the band Seether, I love there songs, and to me they also have the dame typ of vocals as Nickel Back, just better lyrics then most of Nickel Backs songs. Tell me and the rest of the red vs blue community what you think of this band, or if you never heard of them Check them out, just google search the band ^_^

• MrJack

MrJack

#1507900 - 14 years ago

Personally, I don't care for them, I liked a few of their songs (ie. Sold Me, Broken, Out of my Way) for a little while, then it just all started to sound the same. If you ask me, they're a more soundtrack-y band (like they should just keep doing stuff for soundtracks) , even though that doesn't pay very well, 'cause with their albums... well, all the songs start to blend right in, and it gets pretty boring. Keep in mind this is strictly IMO.

• tsunamibomb

tsunamibomb

#1508109 - 14 years ago

i really loved disclaimer... it was such a great album and had a very gritty sound because it wasn't over-produced. but i lost intrest after dislaimer 2 because they were over producing it and it sounded to... fake i guess.. i just didn't like it. If they go back to the old sound i'll buy it!
    A good band, just the sound isn't what it was on the first album

• tsunamibomb

tsunamibomb

#1508112 - 14 years ago

i really loved disclaimer... it was such a great album and had a very gritty sound because it wasn't over-produced. but i lost intrest after dislaimer 2 because they were over producing it and it sounded to... fake i guess.. i just didn't like it. If they go back to the old sound i'll buy it!
    A good band, just the sound isn't what it was on the first album

• x_GOD_x

x_GOD_x

#1509984 - 14 years ago

I didn't mind them for the first couple of times I heard there stuff, but after a while it dose just blend in, no songs that really jump out. Plus they play "Remedy" like 6 times a day on the radio.

• Kittenofhope

Kittenofhope

#1510137 - 14 years ago

I like a couple of their tracks, struggling for names here, Always, Broken with Amy Lee was great, and Hero wth Chad was awesome.
    I prefer Nickelback though I'm afraid.
    They're still cool however.

• Rolo

Rolo

#1538182 - 14 years ago

i only heard one song from them but ya there good

• DarKNecross

DarKNecross

#1539228 - 14 years ago

My favorite songs by Seether are definately Broken featuring Amy Lee, and their new song which is addictive as hell, Remedy.

• Slipknot91

Slipknot91

#1580889 - 14 years ago

seethers kick ass, totally

• MagusX303

MagusX303

#1789472 - 14 years ago

seether is great. i love discaimer 2. karma and effect is alright but its a little depressing. moreso than disclaimer is. in anycase theyre music still rocks.

• mattyapc

mattyapc

#2162092 - 13 years ago

I love Seether, and can't wait to see them in a couple of weeks in London.

Karma and Effect rocks harder than either Disclaimer, and the production is much higher quality than Disclaimer 1, and less random and full of 'stuff' than Disclaimer 2.

Although they do seem to be trying lots of new stuff, some of which they pull off, some of which they don't. But at least they're trying and not just sticking with the same old stuff.

• gemini

gemini

#2169924 - 13 years ago

I would have to say I like their music better live than on CD, but that's just me.

• hayato123

hayato123

#2170009 - 13 years ago

I dont like them at all.
    They are generic, and I hate when a band rips off someone elses music (Remedy) It's sounds extremely like an old Nirvana song.
    Basically, I just dislike their sound, image, and fans.

• mattyapc

mattyapc

#2173891 - 13 years ago

In reply to hayato123, #15:

That's fine, it just means that

I HATE YOU AND YOU SHOULD DIE AND ALL YOUR GRASS SHOULD DIE AND YOU ARE EVEN WORSE THAN GRIF.

Joke. Honest.

From the thread it seems more people are likely to say they don't like them. I'm not sure what that's about, but furry muff. More than anything I find them a good alternative to bands like Nickelback (who I am a huge fan of incidentally), since they tend to vary their stuff more and put on a CD what they want rather than what will sell (I'm not sure Nickelback would ever put a song like Sad But True on their CD, but they rocked it out live and said they were once basically a Metallica cover band!).

I also think that in some ways they're the best of the current crop of bands playing heavy rock/metal. I'm not a Slipknot fan ,and tried Trail Of Dead and Shadow Falls, but have been quite unimpressed. Maybe if they were recording 15 yrs ago they would've slipped away against the huge bands recording then, but against Coldplay, Oasis and the like they sound good.

To me.

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#2174046 - 13 years ago

In reply to mattyapc, #16:

There are plenty of modern metal bands that are superior to Seether, Slipknot, Trail of the Dead, and Shadows Fall. You just won't hear them on the radio.

• rvbfreak

rvbfreak

#2177424 - 13 years ago

i myself like seether, i dont really care for Broken but Remedy is great i litterally listen to Remedy bout 10 times a day lol

• Negadeth

Negadeth

#2180093 - 13 years ago

Yeah, what Ragnaviper said.

If you like slow, emotional songs then you could do worse than check out a band called Evergrey for starters.
    They're not on the radio, or MTV, and they'll never be famous or successful.
    But the music they write is so utterly moving and heartfelt, that the sentence above is tragic.

• hayato123

hayato123

#2180260 - 13 years ago

Evergrey is utterly amazing.
    Way better than Seether.
    Also check out Virgin Black.
    Really emotional, and mellow, at sometimes heavy.
    Seriously Seether is just so generic and cliche'

• Craig

Craig FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Photography+scotch

#2183266 - 13 years ago

In reply to Kittenofhope, #6:

Just a couple clarifications. Seether does not have a track named "Always", unless it's been recorded on an obscure EP that many haven't heard of (including me). Also, "Hero" was done by Chad Kroger and Josey Scott, neither of whom are related to Seether. Chad is the lead singer of Nickelback, and Josey is the lead singer of Saliva.

Back on the topic, I enjoy Seether a lot. I don't have Disclaimer, but I did buy Disclaimer II a little after it came out, and I have no plans to buy the 1st one. I also bought Karma and Effect the week it came out, and I'm very satisfied with both albums. I also own the DareDevil and Punisher sountracks, which contain 3 Seether tracks total.

Some of my favorite songs continue to be "Broken (w/ or w/o Amy Lee)", "Remedy", "The Gift", "Fine Again", "Diseased", and "Hang On". It doesn't really matter to me that "Broken" (and, to a lesser extent where I live "Remedy") are played constantly on the radio, because I don't bother listening to the radio. I have all the music I like stored on my computer and iPod as MP3 files, so the radio has become outdated for me....It also doesn't help that the radio stations up here play nothing that I like.

I saw Seether in concert a couple weeks ago in Escanaba, MI and absolutely loved it. For all the screaming, the music sounds very good live.

• RaginAsian

RaginAsian

#2190024 - 13 years ago

Not a big fan of this one because A) "Broken" proved to be "radio material" (whatever that means) only after it was redone with Amy Lee, who just happened to be obscenely popular at the time, B) from the minute amount I've heard of their albums, most of their songs are of medium-tempo, meaning no real change of pace, meaning I fall asleep halfway through the third or fourth song, and finally C) I don't like the music, really. Not really my taste. And beside the fact that "Remedy" is grossly overplayed on the local rock station, the song doesn't sound good at all to me. Maybe if they sped it up a little that would help, but not much. I'm getting sleepy just thinking about it.

• g_fresh

g_fresh

#4024718 - 13 years ago

they are awesome. disclamier 2 is the better then karma and effect

• Blacgrail

Blacgrail

#6212621 - 12 years ago

Absolutely awesome my fav band

They do a much better version of immortality then Pearl Jam, and a cover beatin the original means a band i great

• Black_Label

Black_Label

#6212794 - 12 years ago

What do I think about them?

One word, crap.

• itachi1452

itachi1452

#6213695 - 12 years ago

meh. they're ok

• Astroknot

Astroknot

#6215099 - 12 years ago