Posts (48)

• SockMonster

SockMonster

#6216010 - 12 years ago

one of me favorites

• Disclaimer09

Disclaimer09

#10086843 - 11 years ago

Lol 1 year later... I like them a lot for some reason yeah they sound the same generally but i still love em. and if you dont like a band that rips off other bands than you must not like most music because its not like its not common, besides i dont hear the resemblance between remedy and anything by nirvana except his voice but it's just a coincidence that he sounds like Kurt it's not like he had surgery to sound like him or something like that.

• icwells

icwells

#10091092 - 11 years ago

They're damn good. They put on a great show too.

And, after reading some of the comments above, I have to wonder why people who don't even listen to this genre of music are commenting.

• shaun_

shaun_

#10108859 - 11 years ago

In reply to icwells, #31:

Cause people just wanna cause problems or something like that... who knows...

But yeah, I personally am a big fan of Seether (the Disclaimer I/II days were awesome). I thought that the second album and the newest album were pretty good, but I don't think that they will ever make another album that will compare to Disclaimer.

• Nihilith

Nihilith

#10209153 - 11 years ago

They're originally from South Africa.....so I support them. Shaun Welgemoed just shouldn't have changed his surname to fit in with the Americans..... but I guess you have to do what you have to do.

• icwells

icwells

#10209397 - 11 years ago

In reply to Nihilith, #33:

He changed his name? That kind of sucks. I do like South Africans for some reason, though.

• ZackOwens23

ZackOwens23

#10210445 - 11 years ago

they've made a few good song

• primcharly

primcharly

#10683606 - 11 years ago

I recently picked up Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces. I loved both "Disclaimer" and "Karma & Effect" but for some reason it took me a while to pick their latest up.

But now that I've had my chance to hear it for a couple of weeks, I really, really like it. Maybe it's not up there with Disclaimer yet but a lot of the songs are pretty good. My favorites right now include Eyes of the Devil and Waste.

• icwells

icwells

#10694829 - 11 years ago

In reply to primcharly, #36:

Bear in mind that their original guitarist left, so that has a lot to do with why it is different. It might just be my favorite, but it's at least on par with the other two in my opinion. I would have to say that No Jesus Christ is my favorite off of it.

• primcharly

primcharly

#10698550 - 11 years ago

I didn't know that or noticed that their sound changed too much. But if that happens to any band changes will surely follow. I missed two chances to go see them so I may have to wait a couple of years until they come back around.

• shaun_

shaun_

#10699275 - 11 years ago

From the newest album, I like Don't Believe, Like Suicide, and Fallen.

Fallen has a cool bass line :)

• icwells

icwells

#10701458 - 11 years ago

In reply to primcharly, #38:

Is now the point were I don't tell you I've seen them twice?

• primcharly

primcharly

#10703989 - 11 years ago

In reply to icwells, #40:

Lucky bastard! They were here both in Jersey and NYC in back to back dates but I pussied out at the last second on both because I didn't want to go without having tickets first. Of course my friends still went and found cheap tickets, plus a few of them even got in for free. smiley4.gif

I've been reading up on them lately, mostly through Wiki, and two things that jumped out to me. First the whole thing w/ Amy (and Fine Again just started playing on my radio!) and how most of the music for both of them following their break up was about themselves. And second how their second album did better than the first when I think Disclaimer was a little bit better.

• jadems

jadems

#10717977 - 11 years ago

Haha from 3 years, 2 pages.
    I like Seether, but now, it's just way to heavy and sad to listen to, but there's some good ones they've got thats got me hooked, like Truth, Remedy and Fine again.
    They have those riffs that are just, mindblowing-ly, gutbusting-ly, facemelting-ly awesome. But other than those I on't regularly put their albums in and listen to them.

Though, if they ever came to Australia, I'd buy a ticket!

• primcharly

primcharly

#10720623 - 11 years ago

I don't know, I always felt they were dark and depressing to some extent. But I hear you.

• icwells

icwells

#10733884 - 11 years ago

That's why I don't listen to them more often. They're still more than worth listening to, when I'm in the mood.

• primcharly

primcharly

#10739115 - 11 years ago

For some reason I kinda like hearing this type of music as I often feel better afterward.

But it's both about taste and mixing it up. No one could really consider themselves healthy if that is the only type of music they listen to.

• chewydoom

chewydoom

#10768272 - 11 years ago

I liked disclaimer and Karma but FBINS sounded too much like pop music. like suicide kicked ass FMLYHM was good along with walk away from the sun but rise above this was awful from the start. and looking at other bands i once listened to i feel that this will be their last good album

• Friend_O

Friend_O

#10769639 - 11 years ago

Their live CD, One Cold Night is amazing..but from their newest, I'd have to say that Six Gun Quota and Waste are my favs, but i like them all. Still, Karma and Effect, And Disclaimer II were far better.

• primcharly

primcharly

#10772090 - 11 years ago

I am yet to hear the live album you mention but I like the reason why they did that show. Apparently it was supposed to be a normal show but Shaun had stomach issues. Instead of canceling the show they decided to turn the performance into an acoustic show.

• lilsugarbabe

lilsugarbabe

#10772476 - 11 years ago

i like them alot

• icwells

icwells

#10772766 - 11 years ago

In reply to primcharly, #48:

That's pretty awesome. At least they are dedicated to what they do.

• primcharly

primcharly

#10772971 - 11 years ago

Yep. A lot of band would have taken the day off.