Forums > Music

The Decemberists

Posts (35)

• gerbil0198

gerbil0198

#2200793 - 13 years ago

I've heard of 'em have you got any Mp3s (legal maybe from the site) i could listen to?

• NedR

NedR

#2200878 - 13 years ago

In reply to gerbil0198, #26:

They actually voluntarily released the music video for 16 Military Wives on bittorrent before it got leaked. You might want to check that out. The song's great, but the music video really drives home how incredibly smart and clever these people are.

• Duste

Duste

#2204828 - 13 years ago

In reply to NedR, #27:

That video is amazing. I couldn't stop laughing at the "ombing campaigns" joke.

• Duste

Duste

#2204833 - 13 years ago

bombing...damn spelling.

• Vaudeville

Vaudeville

#2209215 - 13 years ago

The song about the postman having a letterfor him is the only one i have heard...i loved it..lots of acoustic and lots of bass drum for no reason..i want to get more stuff like that.

• yonex47

yonex47

#3088163 - 13 years ago

Man, supposedly they've signed on to capital records. I hope they don't sellout.

• Epstarr

Epstarr

#10796620 - 10 years ago

Man, I did a search for The Decemberists and found this thread. Two years old! Surely there are more recent Decemberists fans out there.

And no, they didn't sellout when they went to Capital ;)

• Epstarr

Epstarr

#10796622 - 10 years ago

AND, anyone else a fan of The Tain?

• darwin

darwin

#12314970 - 10 years ago

So, yeah...

Not a popular thread, I see.

They just released a fantastic new album called "The Hazards Of Love". Very complex, very literate... It's a pseudo-folk-rock opera that requires patience and reveals its many intricacies slowly and sort of requires that you listen to it from start to finish. Although the brilliance behind it was apparent to me from the beginning, it personally has taken me a few days to completely warm up to it.

I love the fact that moving to a major label actually led to them releasing less commercial albums and more career-risking ventures like this one.

I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something different.

• NinjaaMonkey

NinjaaMonkey

#12335416 - 10 years ago

At the moment there are more new albums coming out than I can get, but Hazards of Love is high on the buy list. Yeah, The Crane Wife had a theme too, although not as big as this one, I think its brilliant.