Forums > Music

Bob Dylan

Posts (151)

• TheClash

TheClash

#2889763 - 13 years ago

In reply to imbenurnot, #127:

Yeah, and here are those mod points back.

• imbenurnot

imbenurnot

#2890099 - 13 years ago

Thank you very much! Damn AOL...

• grow_one

grow_one

#2893383 - 13 years ago

i just realised my dad has a tape of highway 61 reviseted...cool

• imbenurnot

imbenurnot

#2894085 - 13 years ago

You'd be commiting a sin if you didn't listen to that tape three times by noon tomorrow.

• TheClash

TheClash

#2895680 - 13 years ago

In reply to imbenurnot, #131:

Five if you want to become a true Dylan zealot.

• grow_one

grow_one

#2898384 - 13 years ago

already done...gunna make it 4!

• grow_one

grow_one

#3021167 - 13 years ago

we were doing poetry in english and let it slip out i could play and sing blowin in the wind, and got to play it in class! kinda embassing, but fun 2!

• TheClash

TheClash

#3021580 - 13 years ago

In reply to grow_one, #134:

Great song to play. I'm trying to learn Ballad of a Thin Man

• imbenurnot

imbenurnot

#4619641 - 13 years ago

Bump

Bob Dylan is celebrating his 65th birthday today. Let's celebrate with some Youtubes:

Tangled Up In Blue
    Bob and Johnny Cash
    Isis
    The infamous Newport performance
    All I Really Want to Do

• Zengeance

Zengeance

#4637093 - 13 years ago

In reply to TheTeaBagger, #7:

Um... Led Zeppelin is the epitome of being over-rated. Raunchy "blues-rock" whoopedy doo. The only album I like of theirs is their debut. I'd rather listen to John Mayall, or Paul Butterfield for blues-rock. Led Zep makes me cringe anymore.

Now... onto dylan. My favorite album is Highway 61 Revisited & Desire, usually a toss-up. I have the majority of Dylan albums, he's an absolutely joy to listen to. When i'm often depressed, i'll listen to some Bob to lighten the mood and make some sense for me. His songwriting is unparallel and despite sometimes opinions his music is damn good. Nobody listens to music just for lyrics, or else we'd get books on tape all the time. The albums are amazing!

• imbenurnot

imbenurnot

#4637744 - 13 years ago

In reply to Zengeance, #137:

I name: Michael Bloomfield

• imbenurnot

imbenurnot

#4637749 - 13 years ago

1* name

• raw_sugar

raw_sugar

#4638089 - 13 years ago

i think he is the love of my life....but since he is gay and i am but a girl, i'll gladly settle for his son jacob.

• imbenurnot

imbenurnot

#4660784 - 13 years ago

Where the Hell do you get that he's gay?

• Quinibus

Quinibus

#4671121 - 13 years ago

Who are we talking about? Bloomfield, or Bob Dylan?

• Bayka

Bayka

#4682805 - 13 years ago

Yeah Bob Dylan was a great song writer. I love "Shelter from the Storm" and "Maggies Farm". He has many great songs. My parents love him, and always play his records hahah.
    He wrote many good songs, and was one of the most important songwriters in history.

"Everybody must get stoned!"

• grow_one

grow_one

#4745885 - 13 years ago

want a story every1? i hadnt heard the song "Maggies Farm" until my friend showed me me the same song by "Rage against the machine". i listened to it, heard the bob dylan version, and now i love it. i have my perants to thank for liking such good music.

• imbenurnot

imbenurnot

#4747640 - 13 years ago

Go sister! Seriously, I wish the best of luck to her.

I've been listening to more post-accident Dylan lately. These albums are amazing. I had just dug so intensley into Highway 61, Another Side, etc., that I almost completely forgot about the much larger later body of work. John Wesley Harding is great, with just the right amount of band so that it's still acoustic/folky, but there's band action going on. Blood on the Tracks was great, though I havn't listened to it enough. Desire is a fantastic album, with a great band, some of Dylan's best songs (Isis, One More Cup of Coffee, Hurricane, Sarah), and beautiful fiddle.

Now I just need to get a hold of Time Out of Mind so I can get into some latter Dylan.

• MustyMung

MustyMung

#4747837 - 13 years ago

In reply to TravisBickIe, #145:

so, are you saying that Bob D is her sponsor? Or that she listens to Bob D to fill the void that alcohol and drugs used to fill?

• dragonbanez

dragonbanez

#8833122 - 11 years ago

THis thread still breathing?

• dragonbanez

dragonbanez

#8837871 - 11 years ago

Come on guys start posting again! this thread is Awesome... or at least the idea.

• ipwn007

ipwn007

#11249347 - 10 years ago

So, did anyone else get the Bootleg Series vol. 8? I just picked it up today and I've only listened to about four songs, but they're pretty darn awesome.

• ThEHurricane

ThEHurricane

#12738939 - 10 years ago

In reply to TheClash, #1:

Highway 61 is my all time favorite album and my favorite song right now is probably It Ain't Me Babe, i recently heard the version on Rolling Thunder Revue and loved it.

• Mikeymasta

Mikeymasta

#12739963 - 10 years ago

I was going to download his entire discography, but I realized that would take a gigantic single download or I'll drive myself insane finding one for each of his albums.

I stuck with a few I hear are good.

I can't stress enough the power I feel coming from him and his lyrics.

• ThEHurricane

ThEHurricane

#12742063 - 10 years ago

In reply to Mikeymasta, #154:

you really should download his discography, there's some really good stuff that you never get to hear unless you give it a chance, most of his albums people have never heard of, for example most people haven't listened to John Wesley Harding and Another Side of Bob Dylan, but those are two great albums.