Forums > Music

Daphne Loves Derby

Posts (12)

• camknows

camknows

#2017099 - 14 years ago

I searched for a thread a couldn't find one, so I figured I should make one. Anyone listen to Daphne Loves Derby? They are a great emo/punk band that came up from Kent, Washington and went to one of my rival high schools. They caught a lot of attention on PureVolume.com. Anyways, they just signed with Outlook Music and recently released their new album, On The Strength Of All Convinced. I like to compare them to the likes of Death Cab For Cutie and This Providence. Anyone else heard of them or like them?

• ipwnthenewbs

ipwnthenewbs

#2017128 - 14 years ago

They sound exactly like every other acoustic emo act out there. Only worse.

• GrenadeJumpe

GrenadeJumpe

#2017363 - 14 years ago

I downloaded a whole cd of theirs, listened to one song, then deleted it. I was disapointed.

• Schfifty5

Schfifty5

#2023948 - 14 years ago

Hopeless love is a great song i wish i had some mods to comabt these negative fucks.

• kmdubloo

kmdubloo

#2027058 - 14 years ago

I love them. A lot. And as a professional musician myself I think I know talent when I hear it. They're good.

• GrenadeJumpe

GrenadeJumpe

#2027762 - 14 years ago

In reply to Schfifty5, #4:

I'm not a negative fuck. I just added what I knew about they band, I'm not saying their bad, its just that I was hoping for an amazing band, and only found a band that didn't quite fit my taste.

• ipwnthenewbs

ipwnthenewbs

#2027834 - 14 years ago

They're good on their own, but not very original. There are better acts doing what they do. Thats all.

• txstdrum

txstdrum

#2070130 - 13 years ago

I saw dld live for the first time last week here in san marcos. blew me away. so much fun on stage and wonderful music.

• camknows

camknows

#2072748 - 13 years ago

In reply to txstdrum, #8:

That's awesome! I am jealous of you. I am from their hometown and I have yet to go to a concert because I am stuck overseas!

• bitnerd

bitnerd

#2093841 - 13 years ago

they are an amazing band
    I saw them when they came to Vineland, New Jersey
    -Jason

• Landonnnn

Landonnnn

#2152422 - 13 years ago

Washington Repp''''''''
    i've seen em at least.... six or seven times.

• yonex47

yonex47

#2152558 - 13 years ago

theyre ok...