Forums > Music

Death Cab for Cutie

Posts (39)

• opeagleeye

opeagleeye

#2153484 - 13 years ago

I did a search and found no forum topic for Death Cab. I am shocked.

Talk here about Death Cab. Talk about the kickassitude of their new CD. Talk about the kickassitude of their last CD.

If you haven't listened to Death Cab for Cutie, please go buy a CD. I would recommend their recent release, "Plans." You won't regret it. And if you do regret it, don't tell me because I will declare you a communist.

• opeagleeye

opeagleeye

#2153584 - 13 years ago

Their lyrics are great. As far as the sucking at music part, thats not something I agree with you on. But hey.

• lefty

lefty

#2154722 - 13 years ago

I'd say... I can't remember. I've been listening to transatlanticism and like pretty much every song (althought the actual song "transatlanticism" is far too long and just drags on). The music isn't going to blow your mind, but it's not bad, either.

• jackiebot

jackiebot FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold me irl

#2154998 - 13 years ago

the lyrics are Definitely much better than the music.. but i wouldn't say the music sucks..

in fact, i love deathcab.. a lot... and they're actually getting quite a bit of media attention right now, which is awesome.. because they've been around for Quite a while..

and while a lot of people here love metal.. not everyone does..

deathcab for cutie: good band, bad name..

which--by the way.. the singer is also in Postal Service.. not a great band, but if you're a deathcab fan.. worth checking out..

• PrincessOats

PrincessOats

#2155493 - 13 years ago

Ah, Death Cab. I like them well enough, but the problem is they are too emo to listen to all that often.

"It's like one guitar and a whole lot of complaining."

• opeagleeye

opeagleeye

#2156985 - 13 years ago

Postal service rocks in my opinion, but apparently I just have this thing for anything Death Cab related. In fact, after I got the death cab CD I called up a friend to tell him I got it, and all he did was laugh. I asked him why he was laughing and he said, "You must be the biggest Death Cab fan in all of existence that isn't a girl. And I laughed, because I knew it was probably true, and if it wasn't me, it was my older brother. but hey, they rock. And chicks dig them, which never ends up corresponding to chicks digging me, but I can dream.

• opeagleeye

opeagleeye

#2163725 - 13 years ago

a legal copy?

• camknows

camknows

#2172517 - 13 years ago

I love DCFC. I have all of their CDs and their DVD. My favorite songs off of Plans are Soul Meets Body, Your Heart Is An Empty Room, and Brothers On A Hotel Bed.

I just plain love anything that Ben Gibbard touches. Whether it be Death Cab For Cutie, The Postal Service, or Dntel, it is all great

• Neohunter

Neohunter

#2172661 - 13 years ago

Meh, Death Cab's alright. Nothing to write home about.

They're not emo either.

• The_Rizzo

The_Rizzo

#2174369 - 13 years ago

I just downloaded their song "Soul Meets Body" last night on iTunes. I enjoyed it. Lookin' forward to more of them in the future

• opeagleeye

opeagleeye

#2176273 - 13 years ago

You should definitely get their newest CD. It kicks ass. And Death Cab was emo, now their lyrics mean more than just a boy and a girl being inlove and breaking up and other such crap.

• mattiecore

mattiecore

#2176947 - 13 years ago

Death Cab = mediocre emo

But I like them

• Neohunter

Neohunter

#2177165 - 13 years ago

Death Cab aren't emotionally charged hardcore.

Though I didn't know their first CD was about boys and girls in love. Not a big fan. I like his other band, The Postal Service better...
    Though I'm not a big fan of them either. They're just really average in my opinion.

• mattiecore

mattiecore

#2177230 - 13 years ago

In reply to Neohunter, #17:

Neither is Sunny Day Real Estate, but they're considered emo.

The idea of "emo" has evolved, just like every other genre of music does over time.

• Neohunter

Neohunter

#2177300 - 13 years ago

Yeah, but at least it used to be good. Now, its an insult to call a band that. And I don't think Death Cab is one of those bands that deserve that. Even if they're only just average.

Semi-on topic:

Are the Postal Service releasing a new album anytime soon?

• MalusSavage

MalusSavage

#2179156 - 13 years ago

I love Death Cab For Cutie...but i have to say that The Postal Service just have that edge over them. Dunno what it is i just prefer The Postal Service. It is rather wierd listnin to DeathCab then goin straight onto Postal Service...yeah thats wierd...u kinda go through a moment of confusion on whats happenin...but then again maybe thats just me??

Does anyone know if Death Cabs latest album is out in Britain?...cos i thought it was...but the guy at His Masters Voice...sorry i just love that name...said that its not gonna be out here for a while...im confused...anyone know for sure?

• mattiecore

mattiecore

#2179511 - 13 years ago

In reply to Neohunter, #19:

I don't think of it as an insult....it's what they are

• camknows

camknows

#2180718 - 13 years ago

On their DVD, they keep referring to them playing Rock and Roll. Granted, I wouldn't put them in the Rock and Roll genre, but that's coming from them.

• xredcoatx

xredcoatx

#2180960 - 13 years ago

In reply to opeagleeye, #1:

Death Cab is amazing. Their music is unique and their lyrics are powerful.

The new CD is awesome.

• Adam14

Adam14

#2185218 - 13 years ago

Ya'll should check out Texas is the reason if you want to hear some good emo. Not that Death Cab is *that* bad.

• hed

hed

#2186703 - 13 years ago

Death Cab is one of my favorite bands, personally I would recommend either "Transatlanticism" or "The Photo Album" for a first album to buy. "Plans" is good, but Transatlantism is I think their most awesome and powerful album to date. But that is me. "I Will Follow You Into The Dark", track 5 on Plans, is absolutely amazing. AWESOME!

• opeagleeye

opeagleeye

#2190693 - 13 years ago

I love "I Will Follow You Into the Dark." Its my favorite sonf on the new CD. Second would have to be "You will Be Loved." They both kick ass. And the Photo Album is awesome. Good stuff right there.

• enderu

enderu

#2195182 - 13 years ago

In reply to camknows, #12:

Ben Gibbard has nothing to do with Dntel, except that, at the request of Jimmy Tamborello, he guest sang on a song, which started the whole Postal Service thing.

I love Plans, Brothers on a Hotel Bed is probably my favorite, but Marching Bands of Manhattan is wonderful as well.

I've got all DCFC albums and two of their EPs. It's amazing music, as well as lyrics.

• camknows

camknows

#2198375 - 13 years ago

In reply to enderu, #27:

I didn't say that he is in Dntel or anything... I said I like anything that he touches. Hence, I like Dntel. (This Is) The Story of Evan and Chan is an awesome song.

Totally agree with you that Brothers in a Hotel Bed is the best song on Plans tho.

• CDRPopnFresh

CDRPopnFresh

#2198484 - 13 years ago

Photo Album - Movie Script Ending. When We Laugh Indoors. My favorite DCFC songs. I heard them once on my way to play a show, couldn't get those two songs out of my head. Great band. Haven't heard the new stuff but I'm sure its great.