Forums > Music

Death Cab for Cutie

Posts (39)

• alaofarda

alaofarda

#2199460 - 13 years ago

I just started to listen to them because one of my friends loves them. I really like 'em! Their playing at my favorite venue in November, so I'm planning to take him to see them. :D I need to get the new album

• opeagleeye

opeagleeye

#2200043 - 13 years ago

I think I Will Follow You Into the Dark is the best song on Plans. Best song on Transatlanticism is Titles and Registration. But I do like Brothers on a Hotel Bed.

• NedR

NedR

#2200501 - 13 years ago

I just got into these guys recently (really don't know what took me so long). They're pretty good, although occasionally I wish some of their songs had a bit less angst a little more substance. Still, most of their material is top-notch. For some reason I'm currently addicted to the song The New Year. Probably has something to do with it being really bitter and fatalistic.

• camknows

camknows

#2224794 - 13 years ago

In reply to jmthornsburg, #33:

Uh... yeah. I do not disagree with you about Rock and Roll.

Emo was an abbreviation for "emocore", short for "emotional hardcore."

• derekadams32

derekadams32

#2390929 - 13 years ago

I just saw DCfC in the front row at Austin City Limits music festival. They were fucking unbelievable. The performance of Soul Meets Body on Yahoo! Launch is amazing.

• bobthebuilde

bobthebuilde

#2410626 - 13 years ago

i heard them on Out of Order past couple of weeks.

• Jonus

Jonus

#2524220 - 13 years ago

My girlfriend has been a big fan so she got me listening to them. And I must say, that's definately not a bad thing. I think they're awesome. I've been listening to Plans quite a bit. It's one of the albums I doubt I'll get sick of.

• iamwillow

iamwillow

#3344198 - 13 years ago

I've seen Death Cab live twice now. The first show was at a tiny, now bankrupt, venue in Indianapolis. It was amazing to see them play such a small space and their former label-mates The Long Winters were solid openers.

The second show was at The Rave in Milwaukee and Death Cab shared the bill with Ben Kweller of Sha Sha fame. If you're into DCFC I would definitely recommend checking out The Long Winters lastest LP When I Pretend to Fall.

It's absolutely amazing how crystal clear Ben Gibbard's voice is live. His voice is amazing live and the band's energy is something that comes across much better live than on their studio tracks. They really need to release a live album.

• hayato1333

hayato1333

#3345963 - 13 years ago

Death Cab For Cutie.
    I really enjoy this band I havent listened to much of them and I got into The Postal Service before I got into Death Cab. But I really like them. I also am absolutely in LOVE with The Postal Service.

• xredcoatx

xredcoatx

#3346328 - 13 years ago

Yep. Death Cab and Postal Service are pretty awesometacular

• hayato1333

hayato1333

#3346408 - 13 years ago

In reply to xredcoatx, #40:

For some reason I am led to believe that the word you just made up there perfectly descrbies those two bands.
    Good work.

• wtf182

wtf182

#3348862 - 13 years ago

My friend talks about them a lot, so I'm going to try it out.
    But does anyone know what the name means?

• Jonus

Jonus

#3581681 - 13 years ago

I've heard talk of a dvd being released that will have a music video for pretty much every song off of Plans. Anyone know anything about this?

They have another dvd out, but it's kind of a "On The Road With Death Cab" thing.

• Hounboy

Hounboy

#15360262 - 7 years ago

One of my favorite bands of all time.