Forums > Music

Angels and Airwaves

Posts (90)

• ESlayer

ESlayer

#2431779 - 13 years ago

Just found about this group, formed by blink-182's Tom DeLonge...based on this, it sounds like they'll be pretty damn good when they release their album...

Being a blink fan myself, I can't wait to see what this turns out to be...

• Smilezz

Smilezz

#2437153 - 13 years ago

Blink 182 kicks ass so, it should be good. It's too bad though that blink broke up themselfs : (

• RaginAsian

RaginAsian

#3089413 - 13 years ago

I'm really looking forward to this one. Tom says it isn't going to sound like Blink or Box Car Racer or anything else out there right now. Supposedly he's supposed to have a podcast out soon with a preview. If anyone has it or knows where it is, don't be stingy, eh?

• kip182

kip182

#3109514 - 13 years ago

www.angelsandairwaves.com

its so freaking awesome. they are doing a movie as well as an album.. theres a trailor on that website that is for both. their music sounds wicked, even though u dont hear much.
    it sounds how tom says it will.. its uplifitng sort of

• ESlayer

ESlayer

#3113442 - 13 years ago

AHHH!! I want more than just those few seconds! That really does sound good though. Now I really can't wait...

• RaginAsian

RaginAsian

#3116889 - 13 years ago

I saw it the moment they sent out the e-mail notices. And I'm extremely happy with what I've seen and heard thus far. In terms of breaking ground and making a big statement, I think this is gonna be Tom's American Idiot, so to speak.

• ESlayer

ESlayer

#3118665 - 13 years ago

Weird...I never got an email notice...ah well. With any luck though, it'll be bigger than American Idiot.

On a somewhat related note, did everyone hear Plus-44's debut? Makes me sad to hear that blink won't be getting back together anytime soon.

• mi7ch

mi7ch

#3118894 - 13 years ago

"This isn't just goodbye, this is I can't stand you"-lyric excript from Plus 44's "No It Isn't"

Mark "Mr. Subtlety" Hoppus drives another point home.

From what little I've heard about Angles and Airwaves's songs (except for the stuff in the background of the videos) I can tell that Tom is trying to leave blink behind. Good. Not that I'm not a fan of blink, it's just that rather than make a band to take cheap shots at the other members, he sounds like he's trying to reach a new level in his carrer.

It doesn't sound much like blink, but I can hear a little Box Car in there. Still, I'm more excited about Angles and Airwaves than I am about Plus 44.

• kip182

kip182

#3123263 - 13 years ago

yeah i know what toms talking about when he mentions his 'inspiration' and how hes really doing something good with ava. like ive had the same feeling about something before.. and when u get that feeling that u can do anything, u really do accomplish things. i think it will show, he has put his heart and soul into and i think it shows already, just from the snippets.

and in plus 44 its just like.. oh thats another song.
    like u dont get anything out of it.. i mean i was fan of blink and mark and tom and travis all equally. but i think ava is gonna be so much better than plus 44. just cos tom has had massive inspiration and really belives in what hes doing. tom is living for ava now cos he loves it and belives in it, while it seems mark is just doing plus 44 just to make music.
    tom is making a lot of fuss for a reason.

• bigpoppa

bigpoppa

#3604348 - 13 years ago

Their song, The Adventure, was leaked on the internet. It can be found here. Even after all the hype, I am impressed. It's pure genius in my mind.

• RaginAsian

RaginAsian

#3606030 - 13 years ago

I couldn't find it. The news report thingy your link took me to said that they had taken it down. Any chance I can get it from anyone else?

• ESlayer

ESlayer

#3606055 - 13 years ago

Most links to it have been removed...try here for some others ones. Just look around on the last couple pages

• RaginAsian

RaginAsian

#3606071 - 13 years ago

Was removed. Goddammit.

• RaginAsian

RaginAsian

#3606235 - 13 years ago

I love you for this.

Clearly Tom wasn't exaggerating. As I had hoped.

• RaginAsian

RaginAsian

#3606330 - 13 years ago

I'm still hoping for more Blink in about four or five years or so, but this should be enough to hold me over for a good while.

I think we'll still get Valkyrie Missle. Ultimately, I don't see them getting all pissy over this leak. I don't think it's going to lessen the impact of the album's release one bit.

• DarkJedi375

DarkJedi375

#3607420 - 13 years ago

It looks AND sounds like a very cool project. I can't wait for the release. I heard about it about a month ago.

Don't forget about Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker's new project as well: Plus 44

• kip182

kip182

#3621075 - 13 years ago

Sounds good. Definantly sounded like Tom's descriptions of it. Easily some of the best music he's been apart of.

But lets be critical.

Intro music was a little chop/change at one point. Like usually in melody changes theres a build up or the drums or something lead up so the change doesnt seem sudden or out of place. But the change in the intro doesn't seem to have that, therefore seems a bit out of place. Having said that, I think the actual riffs and things sound good.

Verse I like. End of story. Sound good. Tom seems to have more passion in his voice.

Chorus. Comes in nicely from the Verse. Flows. I like.

Interlude type thing after the second chorus comes in nicely. Once again, flows well and sounds good. However I think the repeated lyrics go on a little to long. Then when it changes, I think there should be a musical interlude or soemthing there, because more lyrics come in straight away. As much as the lyrics and voices over the top of each other sounds awesome, I would've like a musical interlude before it.

Outro. Good. But. Way too long. 1 minute of the repeated guitar riff. Should've been a lot shorter in my opinion.

Whole song. Seems to me like they just went: Music. Singing. Outro. I like each individual part and a lot of the composition is really good and way better than what Tom has done previously. But a bit more variety would've been nice.

I'd say 7.5/10

• bigpoppa

bigpoppa

#3621610 - 13 years ago

The only qualm I had about it was that it's too 80's.

• RaginAsian

RaginAsian

#3621925 - 13 years ago

I really don't think one can analyze music like that. That's like recommending changes to Beethoven's fifth or a Van Gogh (on a much smaller scale).

Might I also add that Tom has said that the leaked version of the song isn't the final version that's going on the album.

• bigpoppa

bigpoppa

#3621987 - 13 years ago

It probably was, but he's going to change it now that it got out.

• kip182

kip182

#3622251 - 13 years ago

Yeah I know it's not really right of me to do it, but that's just what was going through my head while listening to it.

It actually sounds like a lighter more uplifting version of something boxcar racer might have done I think. It's a bit like boxcar racer crossed with indie rock.

• 043will

043will

#3623420 - 13 years ago

Right Click here and Save As Target then open. It's not AvA but it's Plus-44 they're Mark Hoppus' new band it's really good also.

• kip182

kip182

#3623988 - 13 years ago

From what I've heard AvA is a hundred times better than plus 44. I'm not about to like a AvA cause of Tom, and I'm not about to like Plus 44 cause of Mark and Travis. I'll judge what I hear. And what I've heard so far is AvA has a lot more potential than plus 44. I especially hate the plus 44 "cut my wrists and burn something beuatiful" line. So stereotypical of emo. Besides, Mark is not the kind of guy that would do that. What I'm trying to say is AvA seems like its got a lot more passion and true-to-life, a lot more variety, and something new. But I can't be totally sure about that until both albums come out.

• 043will

043will

#3623993 - 13 years ago

smiley9.gif I think both of them are going to be amazing smiley9.gif

• RaginAsian

RaginAsian

#3624031 - 13 years ago

In my opinion, it's good. A bit short, but still good. It sounds like a nice Mark Hoppus song. Obviously it isn't going to have the impact that AVA will, but considering that he's been calling it a side project for some time now (and that Tom was working on the AVA record for over a year) I didn't expect it to.