skash418

#6114270 - 12 years ago

yea i missed them when they came to louisville

• boesthius

boesthius

#7190679 - 12 years ago

In reply to skash418, #28:

Anyone get the new cd yet?
    I JUST got it; and making an attempt to listen to it without being too critical. smiley8.gif

• mattiecore

mattiecore

#7191653 - 12 years ago

In reply to blood_moor, #29:

I got it last week-ish.

I immediately loved some songs, but other took a few listens to warm up to. This album is rougher around the edges than Doppelganger, less polished, so it's more like their self-titled in that respect. They seem less confident with this release; they're experimenting with some interesting stylistic changes, but it comes off as if they don't really know where their sound is going, and that they're chasing it in lots of different directions.

However, this doesn't mean it's bad. I think that it's quite good, in fact, but perhaps sitting on it a while longer might have helped them secure a single direction.

• boesthius

boesthius

#7191942 - 12 years ago

In reply to mattiecore, #30:

Nice. I got it 2 days ago; and as you said - its taking me a little while to warm up to.
    You're right about going in a little bit different direction - they seem, as you implied, like they wanted to try some new/different, but didn't know particularly where they wanted to go.

Out of the album, I would say I like The Dark Trail and Ex-Creations the most so far.

However, I can say that I don't particularly like the guitar tone in most of the songs - it doesn't sound as refined as it could be.
    Let me rephrase that - a lot of the rhythm tones don't sound that great. Most of the riffs and solo work sounds fairly good.
    In some of the songs the mixing doesn't sound that great as well - I forget what song it is, but the vocals seem way above the track as a whole.
    However. I'll stop being a critic, as I still enjoyed the album.