Forums > Music

Recycled Music...

Posts (14)

• gameboi

gameboi

#2533150 - 13 years ago

Seems to be a band trend for some musicians to have multiple (identical ) tracks spanning several albums these days. Even my favorite band seems to be guilty of it. My question is this... Does it make you think twice about buying them as a result ?, Or maybe it just makes owning that new CD a "safe bet" since you alreay know some of the songs on it.

• Vlad

Vlad

#2533176 - 13 years ago

If it's worth being on another album, then sure.

But that's yet to ever be the case. Usually it's a case of "Oops, I was required by my record label to have X amount of songs this album and I fucked up. Oh well. Nobody will mind hearing 'My Name Is' again."

• JJMcFly

JJMcFly

#2533647 - 13 years ago

or better yet..... when an artist feels they have to do their rendition or someone else's song.... the one that's getting to me right now. is Alanis's version of "crazy" originally by seal. I keep hearing the dumb fuck DJ's saying "Alanis's most recent release"

Bullshit.. it's her rendition of... don't make it sound like her's... it's not... get over it

and her version is ok... but that's it.... it looks like she's used up all of her talent

• robasaur

robasaur

#2535697 - 13 years ago

U2.

• RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

#2536870 - 13 years ago

In reply to gameboi, #1:

That's a good question...I can go either way on the topic...it depends on the band. Stereolab, for example, has been releasing albums that all sound very similar for the past five years. However, they're one of my favorite bands and I love their sound, so I don't mind the fact that all their stuff sounds similar...in fact, it makes me respect them even more...they've found a unique sound and are exploring it to its end.

However, there are many bands whose songs all sound very similar (U2, Coldplay, or as I like to call them, "U2.1 on the Radio...head") whose lack of diversity of sound is a little perturbing, simply because they seem content to use the sound for all it's worth without really pushing any boundaries. I know there are a lot of U2 and Coldplay fans out there who would disagree vehemently, but speaking personally, neither U2's sound nor their experimental nature has impressed me on the last...oh...three or four albums. Coldplay...I understand that they're great musicians et cetera, but I just don't like their sound, so a non-boundary pushing effort from them would go in the "CD's I'm not going to buy" category. If they ever release a doom metal album, I might have to buy it.

• triptup

triptup

#2537965 - 13 years ago

In reply to JJMcFly, #4:

I keep hearing the dumb fuck DJ's saying "Alanis's most recent release"

Bullshit.. it's her rendition of... don't make it sound like her's... it's not... get over it

i could not agree with you more.

i would purchase the album if i held the band dear and they put some effort into some new work

• JJMcFly

JJMcFly

#2538008 - 13 years ago

In reply to triptup, #7:

In reply to JJMcFly, #4:

I keep hearing the dumb fuck DJ's saying "Alanis's most recent release"

i could not agree with you more.

i would purchase the album if i held the band dear and they put some effort into some new work

No shit eh? I mean, it's fine if someone wants to do a rendition of something... but don't make it your "latest release" get the other stuff out there first.

• Blarg_Blarg

Blarg_Blarg

#2538297 - 13 years ago

Ever heard of Spitalfield? They put the same exact recording of the same exact song twice on their new cd. It must have been a mistake.

• triptup

triptup

#2538767 - 13 years ago

either that or they thought their listeners don't care or are just stupid. no offense blarg_blarg. when i say they, i mean the money grubbin record labels.

• LonelyElite

LonelyElite

#2539916 - 13 years ago

I never really though of BUYING music I usually just download whatever songs I fell like. But sticking to the topic i think a lot of bands like System of a Down and Disturbed usually have repeated songs and stuff like that. The most noticable one is one song by Afroman that ive at least heard like 3 times on different albums. w00t

• gameboi

gameboi

#2541005 - 13 years ago

Yes, U2 (another one of my favorite bands, ironically) seems to suffer from the same problem.... Geez, I'm starting to question my taste in music.
    No I'm not smiley0.gif

• Quinibus

Quinibus

#2541212 - 13 years ago

I'm sure you've all heard this one: on one of the early Beatles albums, the Beatles were short a song, so they just did "I want to Hold Your Hand" in German and slapped it onto the end of the album (Ironically Named "Something New")

• blkhawk

blkhawk

#2547148 - 13 years ago

Yes it makes me think twice of getting it. I find well, I dont need to listen to the same thing over and over again!

• triptup

triptup

#2547167 - 13 years ago

what has u2 copied? *runs to collection scratching head*