Forums > Music

New or old METALLICA....

Posts (25)

• Ur1obsession

Ur1obsession

#2947466 - 13 years ago

i definatly prefere old school metallica, their new stuff is great dont get me wrong.......... but they also have a few songs that sound alot similar to one another, you just can't beat classic metallica!

• Heith

Heith

#2947605 - 13 years ago

No dur :P

• Maximus777

Maximus777

#2947633 - 13 years ago

Yup. The stuff they did in the 80s is the best.

• Quinibus

Quinibus

#2947820 - 13 years ago

Yeah, I don't think there's going to be much of a discussion here; it's an established fact that old school Metallica is the best.

• Ha2master

Ha2master

#2947882 - 13 years ago

In reply to Quinibus, #4:

Ditto.

• mongoos

mongoos

#2948326 - 13 years ago

In reply to Ur1obsession, #1:

Old.

• Furious_Rose

Furious_Rose

#2950929 - 13 years ago

well there is already a Metallica thread that this belongs in so...let it die...

• electrongirl

electrongirl

#2951004 - 13 years ago

I liked them up until the black album.....

Master of Puppets is my favourite.

• Furious_Rose

Furious_Rose

#2951042 - 13 years ago

and thank you very much for totally disregarding what I just said...

oh and why the hell does everyone only say Black Album and Master of Puppets sure it was their best works but comon damnit everybody knows they were good...

let it die let it die let it die let it die let it die let it die let it die let it die let it die let it die let it die let it die let it die let it die...!!!!!!!!!!!

• zzsandmanzz

zzsandmanzz

#2951180 - 13 years ago

dont get me wrong i have every metallica album. my first was their black album(metallica) but then i decided to find my metalliroots. so i got kill em all as a x-mas gift. they were much more wild in their younger days and a lot faster. i think it all depends on your mood. but for me i would have to say kinda in the middle..around the black album,load,and reload period.

• kzildjianman

kzildjianman

#2952355 - 13 years ago

I would defintely have to say Old Metallica. There's really no contest.

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#2952381 - 13 years ago

In reply to Furious_Rose, #7:

well there is already a Metallica thread that this belongs in so...let it die...

• Fuck2You

Fuck2You

#2952543 - 13 years ago

I was at Summer Sanitarium here in Toronto in the summer when they released their St. Anger album!

Through out the show they played all their good songs, then at one point this occured

James: "ALL RIGHT CHA! YOU GUYS WANN HEAR SOMETHING OFF THE NEW CD?!?!!?" smiley0.gif

Everyone in the crowd: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" smiley7.gifsmiley5.gifsmiley4.gif

James: (Awkward silence) Ughhh Okay then! smiley7.gifsmiley4.gif

Then they played St. Anger live and it sounded horrible cause it sounded messed up! smiley4.gif

• Vlad

Vlad

#2952626 - 13 years ago

Old Metallica > New Metallica.

And by "Old Metallica", I mean when they had Mustaine.

• apocalypse99

apocalypse99

#2952975 - 13 years ago

FUCKING OLD METALLICA!!! Anyone who actually likes their new stuff should shrivell up and die because it sucks.

• Ur1obsession

Ur1obsession

#2953467 - 13 years ago

In reply to Furious_Rose, #7:

i've looked through some threads, and i havent found one like this, i didnt know you couldn't do some of the same, there are others out there, but now i know for next time i guess!

• Siege

Siege

#2955950 - 13 years ago

Master of Puppets = only good album they recorded.

They're the most overrated band in history, mostly because the majority of their fans are mainstream music listeners who either don't know any better or are too stupid to realize that there's much superior metal bands out there. They recorded one good album, which was in the year of thrash (1986), that featured so many other great thrash albums. They declined from there, and eventually abandoned metal to become a radio rock band that adored by millions of idiotic casual music listeners.

In short, Metallica should have died with Cliff.

• poopcat

poopcat

#2957046 - 13 years ago

I like mid-life Metallica. Load and that era.
    And of course, I LOVE oldschool Metallica.

• lordnykon

lordnykon

#2957925 - 13 years ago

ok there is already a metallica topic so go and join that one

• meglac

meglac

#2960676 - 13 years ago

OLD metallica ROCKS

• Furious_Rose

Furious_Rose

#2961758 - 13 years ago

Thank you Could! Goddamn why wont you ignoramous assholes listen when I say there is already a goddamn thread for this you shitheads!

• CaptivePride

CaptivePride

#2964572 - 13 years ago

this is quite true...although the lyrics for new metallica r more though out then old metallica id much rather listen to better instrmental skills then lyrics of you ask me one of there best songs is Call of the Kutulu (no lyrics on Master of Puppets)

• Vlad

Vlad

#2964830 - 13 years ago

In reply to CaptivePride, #23:

Yeah, they totally raped the spelling of Cthulhu.

• CaptivePride

CaptivePride

#2964964 - 13 years ago

In reply to Vlad, #24:

doesnt change the fact that its a totaly kick ass song

• DSchneider

DSchneider

#2965629 - 13 years ago

METALLICA SOLD OUT BOOO