Forums > Music

The Early November

Posts (9)

• iceman422

iceman422

#3189097 - 13 years ago

Have a listen first, here.

These guys have been my favorite band for quite some time, and though some of you may be thinking "oh they're just like any other punk/emo wannabe band." but they certainly have a distinct sound and flavor. They mix their CDs with hard rock, acoustic, and soft rock, and the vocals (on most of the songs) are first take. Basically they're really pure and raw, not some band who plays some ok music, and then has the studio fix everything. They don't use synths, they use live strings, and vintage amps.

If you like their sound, check out
    i can make a mess like nobody's business, a side project done by the lead guitar and vox, Ace Enders.

• preventor4

preventor4

#3192961 - 13 years ago

I have the early november cd and i can make a mess like nobody's business...yes i'm listing to i can make a mess right now.

• GA115

GA115

#3194564 - 13 years ago

ya there awsome...im a drive-thru whore.lol

• preventor4

preventor4

#3215904 - 13 years ago

yep...i'm one of those too. half the itunes list is drive thru

• kip182

kip182

#3221529 - 13 years ago

drive thru are bringing out or have brought out a best of i think.

early novembers new album sounds awesome. its a 3 disc set. the proper album, and experimental album and a dvd.
    sounds awesome

• pynkfaerie

pynkfaerie

#5377423 - 12 years ago

early november is great live. they joke around with the audience unlike other bands that just sing and leave. and they're not really emo, their songs are more poppy and happy. i really like their first 2 cds

• pynkfaerie

pynkfaerie

#5386135 - 12 years ago

I bought it from the pre-sale, you got a free t-shirt with it (you`get to pick the size so it actually fit) and a poster really signed by them, not just those copy signatures, all for 13$

• pynkfaerie

pynkfaerie

#5390630 - 12 years ago

it was on their website for awhile

• kip182

kip182

#5391929 - 12 years ago

the triple disc is frikin amazing. Well - The Mother and The Path are frikin amazing. The mechanic is ok.

I never hear any critics talk about the song 'Is it my fault?' on The Mother - but to me that is one of the greatest rock tracks they have ever written. It builds and goes off at the end like no other of there songs have managed to do. But basically every song on the Mother is brilliant. Same on the path.