Forums > Music

Kamelot

Posts (32)

• Hidden_Cube

Hidden_Cube

#3723396 - 13 years ago

Just thought i'd start a thread for Kamelot, please forgive me as I have just discovered them and so I don't know everything about them, I just hope you guys here will appreciate there sound to

Recommended Songs:

The Haunting
    The Fourth Legacy
    March Of Mephisto

And try not to spam the topic with "Kamelot totally rocks/sucks!"

• Wickens

Wickens

#3723601 - 13 years ago

Havnt heard much by them, but they were pretty decent from what I remember. Not something I'd listen to on a daily basis though.

• HumperFi

HumperFi

#3724033 - 13 years ago

I really like Kamelot. Mainly their later albums (starting from Fourth Legacy and on).

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#3730105 - 13 years ago

I've only heard their album from last year, so I can't say I'm too familar with them either.

Solid music with a lot of prog-isms tossed about. They seem to enjoy messing around with the timing quite a bit from what I heard. It's flowery, but not too much so much like a lot of modern power metal. Their vocalist is pretty good at what he does too.

• HumperFi

HumperFi

#3732179 - 13 years ago

Its unique compared to a lot of modern power metal. Its not like Stratovarius or Rhapsody (Luca Turilli does a guitar solo on one of Kamelots albums). They have, at least I think, their own style. It is a bit progressive. The singer is definitely unique. He's got a real good, but kind of weird voice. Their songs are very catchy imo. Not the most technically amazing band...but very good imo.

• b3durnk

b3durnk

#3732200 - 13 years ago

In reply to Hidden_Cube, #1:

I almost got one of Kamelot's cd's, but got the newer Demons & Wizards cd instead. I've heard clips and a few full songs from friends, though. I've heard some pretty good music from this band. If I had the money, I would definitely look into purchasing some of their material. They're on my list of "Bands I Want To Check Out."

• Cyrus_Ramses

Cyrus_Ramses

#3732789 - 13 years ago

Kamelot is made of win and awesome. Everyone should definitely try to listen to the song they did with the lead singer of Epica.

• MySpace_Tom

MySpace_Tom

#3732898 - 13 years ago

Kamelot is good, but Dark moor is better.

• HumperFi

HumperFi

#3735257 - 13 years ago

Dark Moor is very good as well, although I dont like their singer.

• lookamonkey

lookamonkey

#4623899 - 13 years ago

dude they rock what is you opinon od dragonforce?

• Vlad

Vlad

#4623929 - 13 years ago

Kamelot's pretty good. I'm not a huge fan, though. But they're alright.

• lookamonkey

lookamonkey

#4624614 - 13 years ago

yea cool

• Shadowveil26

Shadowveil26

#5185358 - 13 years ago

they have alot of damn good songs, and a few that well...could be better. One of my favorites is The Haunting.

• GunSlinger89

GunSlinger89

#5185563 - 13 years ago

Of course. I really like III Ways to Epica though.

• HumperFi

HumperFi

#7136059 - 12 years ago

Well since I made my last post up there, they have become one of my favourite bands. Khan's voice is now a favourite of mine...and as a whole band they just kick ass. Every album they put out, at least from Fourth Legacy and after is different. Their new album...which I just heard :D....is excellent. Its quite different than anything they've ever done.

• GunSlinger89

GunSlinger89

#7142793 - 12 years ago

They definitely are a great band. I didn't know they released a new album though.

• Rowen

Rowen

#7142959 - 12 years ago

In reply to GunSlinger89, #17:

Because they haven't. :P

• HumperFi

HumperFi

#7143802 - 12 years ago

Yup! I found it and just couldnt resist...I had to download it. I will be buying it though.

• DethMetlNnja

DethMetlNnja

#7145000 - 12 years ago

When the lights are down is another good song you have to listen to.

• lookamonkey

lookamonkey

#7146258 - 12 years ago

New album gets like a 50/50 from me. :I

• DethMetlNnja

DethMetlNnja

#7147079 - 12 years ago

I really liked it.

• GunSlinger89

GunSlinger89

#7148896 - 12 years ago

In reply to DethMetlNnja, #20:

All of The Black Halo is good. Same with Karma and Epica.

• HumperFi

HumperFi

#7152544 - 12 years ago

In reply to lookamonkey, #21:

Well when I first listened to it, I felt as if something was missing, but the more I listen to it, the more I love it.

• DethMetlNnja

DethMetlNnja

#7153355 - 12 years ago

In reply to GunSlinger89, #23:

Agreed.

• GunSlinger89

GunSlinger89

#7156288 - 12 years ago

I can't wait for Ghost Opera. June 5th is that and Dream Theater's new album Systematic Chaos. I just hope it isn't mainstream crap like Octavarium was (sorry to get off track). But Ghost Opera will be better.