Forums > Music

panic at the disco

Posts (530)

• Princess

Princess

#6910777 - 12 years ago

In reply to ilikemuffins, #433:

You know what? I used to think the same way. Then I started listening to more and better music, then I learned a lot more about music and grew out of that stupid mentality. Maybe you'll grow up too some day.

• RoadDoggFL

RoadDoggFL

#6911119 - 12 years ago

In reply to user_returns, #434:

Back to being 16 and knowing everything.

Good and bad are not matters of fact. Their very essence as words are tied to opinion only. Again, most people will probably admit that Panic's not a great band. And anybody who thinks they're awesome will likely change their minds once their musical tastes mature. But who's to say that a band that serves as a guilty pleasure is bad? You like Slipknot, don't you realize that the music is repetitive and uninspired, and that the lyrics are absolute garbage? Don't you realize that Joey's the only bright spot in the entire band, and even he's not all that great?

Same concept here. There's no single aspect of Panic that people can pin as what makes them a good band, other than that they produce music people can enjoy. As art, isn't that all it takes to be good (no, not a 16 year-old, I know)?

• prahanormal

prahanormal

#6911431 - 12 years ago

now see i like slipknot, its all a matter of opinion

• Teabaggen454

Teabaggen454

#6911953 - 12 years ago

i like them but there not super good. yeah joey can drum and coreys got a good voice. guitars are super easy to play. its just baisce mallcore. and they put on a good live show and that very important to me in a band. but yeah slipknot still sucks. but i like them.

• prahanormal

prahanormal

#6912021 - 12 years ago

pluss the masks are a good gimic

• Teabaggen454

Teabaggen454

#6912064 - 12 years ago

i could care less about the masks, they will do what they want, it doesnt change the music.

• prahanormal

prahanormal

#6912068 - 12 years ago

ya i know, but as i said its all a matter of opinion

• Princess

Princess

#6915262 - 12 years ago

In reply to RoadDoggFL, #435:

Where the fuck did you get the idea that I like the absolutely god awful Slipknot? I dislike Slapknuts as much as P!ATD. And no, just because someone enjoys it doesn't mean it's good. "Art is either revolutionary, or plagiarism" - Gaugin (might be a different Impressionist, not sure). P!ATD is not revolutionary, it's the same garbage that's been played on the radio and MTV for the past few years.

• RoadDoggFL

RoadDoggFL

#6915554 - 12 years ago

In reply to user_returns, #441:

Gee, you and another waste of space come in here with the same attitude spewing the same shit. Oh well.

Just how many revolutions has black metal led? Anyway, I direct you to my point anyway (nice that you ignored it): good and bad are subjective by nature. A satanist, of all people, should know this.

• Princess

Princess

#6915622 - 12 years ago

In reply to RoadDoggFL, #442:

I didn't ignore your point, I fully adressed and disputed it.

• RoadDoggFL

RoadDoggFL

#6915783 - 12 years ago

In reply to user_returns, #443:

Just because Gaugin can be quoted as saying something doesn't mean it's true. There is no authority on what is good or bad, it's impossible to assert something as good or bad as even famine and plague result in feasts for insects and other organisms decomposing bodies. You are wrong.

• prahanormal

prahanormal

#6918527 - 12 years ago

why dont you just go away

• prahanormal

prahanormal

#6918529 - 12 years ago

why dont you just go away

• PurplePuddle

PurplePuddle

#6920833 - 12 years ago

You know there is a line between discussing something and just plan being a dick because you think you know what your talking about. You are far past that line. So you dont like them, big deal. Why are you wasting your time trashing the band? Sounds like they are
    so good that they effected your life. Weather you like it or not.

• Rosario_D

Rosario_D

#6934777 - 12 years ago

In reply to PurplePuddle #447

*high fives* You rock! Took the words right out of my mouth!

• prahanormal

prahanormal

#6935328 - 12 years ago

nice

• Rosario_D

Rosario_D

#6935385 - 12 years ago

www.patdonline.com/gallery/index.php They updated the gallery with some great shots from the NCAA thing in Atlanta on friday.

• prahanormal

prahanormal

#6935397 - 12 years ago

you know i havent listned to panic in a wile

• Rosario_D

Rosario_D

#6935410 - 12 years ago

I found some new bootlegs. They're Killer Queen is KICK ASS!!

• prahanormal

prahanormal

#6935445 - 12 years ago

....... you mean covers rite?

• Rosario_D

Rosario_D

#6935491 - 12 years ago

Yeah. They're technically bootlegged, but they rock!

• prahanormal

prahanormal

#6935522 - 12 years ago

.....ok than ._.

• ilikemuffins

ilikemuffins

#6935743 - 12 years ago

panic did a cover of a song ?

i cant stop lsitening to theres a good reason ect

• Rosario_D

Rosario_D

#6935789 - 12 years ago

Yeah. If you'd like, I can send you some of the covers I have. Message me if you'd like :-)

• SimplySquee

SimplySquee

#6936198 - 12 years ago

In reply to Rosario_D, #452:

Why do shitty bands keep butchering Queen?