#3977634 - 13 years ago

In reply to spanishspong, #71:

now that is an awesome list!
    big props to you

• wookie182

wookie182

#3978340 - 13 years ago

In reply to ToyDolls, #67:

MDC is a damn punk motherfucking hardcore band.

Rich Kids on LSD anybody?

WTF? that doesnt make any sense you cant be punk and hardcore they are totally differnt

• wookie182

wookie182

#3978363 - 13 years ago

In reply to spanishspong, #71:

*cough* Senses Fail and The Used should be on that list

• lolg7

lolg7

#3978464 - 13 years ago

well what about the original CBGB's crowd like blondie, the talking heads and television
    also what about the Ney York Dolls.

• wookie182

wookie182

#3978491 - 13 years ago

In reply to lolg7, #79:

i think those are on there

• spanishspong

spanishspong

#3979793 - 13 years ago

In reply to kitcorpse, #72:

never said they were ska

• Evicted

Evicted

#3980227 - 13 years ago

In reply to wookie182, #77:

current hardcore is a little harder to link to punk, but 80's East and West Coast hardcore is punk, in fact, it rpetty much defined the modern punk sound.

• kitcorpse

kitcorpse

#3980792 - 13 years ago

In reply to spanishspong, #81:

7 Seconds<---Off my iTunes(theres some ska)

Yeah, you did....

• spanishspong

spanishspong

#3981347 - 13 years ago

I meant there was ska in the list and that whole list was off my iTunes. How could anyone think they were ska?

• kitcorpse

kitcorpse

#3983353 - 13 years ago

I dunno, I was just trying to say, cause I know forsure that 7 seconds isnt ska...

• ToyDolls

ToyDolls

#3983808 - 13 years ago

In reply to wookie182, #77:

In reply to ToyDolls, #67:

WTF? that doesnt make any sense you cant be punk and hardcore they are totally differnt

the word Hardcore has no real definition. It used to mean a more faster version of punk during the 80s, but has become more of a hybrid of metal and punk. So it really depends on what you consider hardcore is. Personally, I try not to label music as punk or hardcore or whatever, but out of the simplicity using genre titles I find myself a hypocrite at times. Really, labels dont mean shit.

• ToyDolls

ToyDolls

#3985756 - 13 years ago

another band that gets little recognition is The Dicks. They are a Texas band and played with bands like MDC and The Crucifucks. Oh the Crucifucks too. if anybody wants some of this, just send me an aim message at Pursuitofcheese. just make sure you have iTunes.

• wookie182

wookie182

#3992082 - 13 years ago

In reply to ToyDolls, #87:
    thats an odd band name

• zombieweasle

zombieweasle

#3992241 - 13 years ago

In reply to independent, #3:

green day is not good and there older stuff sucks just as much as there new shit , its still pop just like it was in the begining(im not trying to offend you in anyway , i just really hate green day)

ok sorry about that rant , on to the topic , i was wondering when something for real punks can come in and talk about real punk would be made.
    me i listen to
    pennywise , misfits , millencolin, the exploited , the casualties , the virus , the lower class brats , the voodoo glow skulls,
    Prime suspex(local band) , bad religion, dead kennedy's , suicide machines ,
    damage case , NOFX , agnostic front , operation ivy , basic radio , GG allen , i cant think of any more but i know theres lots more
    either way those are my top favorite bands , and one of them is a local band , im really into local talent i usually find it as good as most bands in that list

• zombieweasle

zombieweasle

#3992269 - 13 years ago

in my list its either suicidal tendecies or suicide machines i just cant remember much right now sorry

• zombieweasle

zombieweasle

#3992415 - 13 years ago

btw best lyircs ever "Fuck Christmas ,Fuck you!"
    gotta love that song

• wookie182

wookie182

#3992688 - 13 years ago

The Used is an awsome band that is one of my favorites

• lolg7

lolg7

#3995760 - 13 years ago

when your talking about the misfits i think you should have to state pre or post danzig cause i dont like them either way but i like them slightly more with danzig, and in any case the Addicts I dont think have been mentioned.

• Evicted

Evicted

#3996206 - 13 years ago

I've never really been a big fan of The Adicts or any of the Clockwork bands, but everyone else seems to like them.

• Rydel23

Rydel23

#3997103 - 13 years ago

I didn't bother reading all of this but listen to Palatka, Pg.99, and assfactor 4 for real fucken punk.

• zombieweasle

zombieweasle

#3997878 - 13 years ago

In reply to lolg7, #93:

when your talking about the misfits i think you should have to state pre or post danzig cause i dont like them either way but i like them slightly more with danzig, and in any case the Addicts I dont think have been mentioned.

im pretty sure i saw the addicts in someones list somewhere , thats why i didnt put them in mine , because i thought everyone would get tired of reading almost the same list over and overabout misfits its all about danzig man

• neXus

neXus

#3997963 - 13 years ago

Sonic Boom 6, Hip Hop Punk Rock Ska.

hmm, the first post says Flogging Molly are "a bit corporate" but doesn't say anything about the sex pistols being a manufactured boy band. Funny that.

Sorry I just can't stand the sex pistols in any way shape or form.

• phsycomundo

phsycomundo

#3998071 - 13 years ago

The definition of punk. Songs with harsh lyrics attacking, and criticising society and the 'popular'. Punk is against the hiarchy figures. Am I not right?
    Most of old school punk (ALSO green day, Bad religion, stuff like that) are quite the same in lyrical sense. Rebilious-against the law.
    Sex pistols...for example. Theyre what Id consider punk. I guess Good charlotte and Blink, and stuff like that is 'modern punk' I still say its crap!! Green day are ok though...By the way I love the misfits, although they sound slightly punk, i dont really think u can count them as punk. But whose to say whats what? as long as it appeals to you!!

so get over it

• phsycomundo

phsycomundo

#3998077 - 13 years ago

punk is just angry hippie music!!

• lolg7

lolg7

#4000684 - 13 years ago

The definition of punk. Songs with harsh lyrics attacking, and criticising society and the 'popular'. Punk is against the hiarchy figures. Am I not right?
    Most of old school punk (ALSO green day, Bad religion, stuff like that) are quite the same in lyrical sense. Rebilious-against the law.

your not right.
    Punk doesnt have to have harsh lyrics that are anti-establishment though it evolved into that. It is just simple fast and more harsh sounding than most other music. English bands like The Clash turned it anti-establishment but The Talking Heads and Blondie weren't exactly anti-establishment there were 2 bands that really were in the whole original punk/CBGB crowd and that was The Ramones to an extent and The Oppressed.