Forums > Music

Real Punk Bands

Posts (1356)

• ATempestWest

ATempestWest

#14524640 - 8 years ago

Crack-Rock-Steady is pretty awesome, just gotten into Leftover Crack, No Cash, Morning Glory, Choking Victim, so excited for the new Star Fucking Hipsters album this year!

• philzibit

philzibit

#14542404 - 8 years ago

Punk is what you make of it.

This thread sucks.

• NateKrinsky1

NateKrinsky1

#14559502 - 8 years ago

In reply to kitcorpse, #18:

Do you have an Addicts icon and not mention them?

• NateKrinsky1

NateKrinsky1

#14559504 - 8 years ago

In reply to DoNothing69, #1381:

Whether or not you would be accepted or not, it doesn't really make a difference. The punks who complain about selling out and posers usually are the real posers. However, saying that everyone that calls another person a poser "posers" really gets you into a paradox.

• KristerMikke

KristerMikke

#14563434 - 8 years ago

In reply to NateKrinsky1, #1391:

By creating a subculture dedicated to non-conformism, you are bound to create the opposite.
    Like Hipsters condemning anything not "Indie" and "Obscure" they conform against anything that does not fill these norms.
    Whether its because they want to feel "special" and "unique" nobody (but Sigmund Freud) can say.

Its too sad to see this phenomena spred to other cases...

• ATempestWest

ATempestWest

#14582207 - 8 years ago

In reply to philzibit, #1389:

Punk is what you make of it.

This thread sucks.

yeah, but by that Token, a thread is what you make it too, so your logic system is inconsistent, and nobody likes inconsistent logcial systems, didn't your parents raise you right?

• melkomorgoth

melkomorgoth FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14582496 - 8 years ago

I love how a lot of the early rock and roll bands were more punk than anything I've heard recently.

• jat666

jat666 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15430392 - 6 years ago

Hey guys if you got a few spare a few mins and go check out Egomania by Mocara at this link?
    www.punkprospect.com/
    If ya listen lemme know what you thought of em ;) It's my mates band and just trying to give em a hand in getting a bit more publicity, they've been on a few lil tours of the UK and always put a lot into their music and performance ;)

As for what punk I like it's a bit of a mix of some Bad Brains, Bad Religion and the earlier stuff from AFI :P

• Revolt-Monkey

Revolt-Monkey

#15435214 - 6 years ago

As A Friend is probably one of favorite punk bands of all time.

• Butchered71

Butchered71

#15569753 - 6 years ago

Anyone ever heard of Laddermen or RVIVR? Two pretty solid pop punk bands.

• Mysterios

Mysterios

#15633631 - 6 years ago

You guys should definately checkout the new The Bronx album. Haven't seen much mention of them yet on this thread, but they've gone back to their punk rock beginnings and the new album is amazing.
    What are your thoughts on modern hardcore bands? Do you class them as 'true punk' i.e. Converge, Kvelertak, Heights, etc.

• RefuteTheMan

RefuteTheMan

#15656059 - 6 years ago

Been listening to a lot of Refused, Shape of Punk to Come and Songs to Flame the Fan of Discontent are their second and last albums, classics in my book. Bad Brains self titled is also fat in your face punk that I like.

• TimeHuzzah

TimeHuzzah

#15656971 - 6 years ago

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I don't really have the dedication to read 47 pages. :P

Mad Sin is a pretty good Psychobilly group, that has some pretty interesting elements, like the contra-bass. Although their lyrics aren't too deep, the melodies are pretty good, and some of the songs are pretty funny. I would say that Dead-Moon Calling is their best album.

• CapnMolesto

CapnMolesto

#15659428 - 6 years ago

G.G. Allin and the Scumfucs, The Adicts, All, Descendents, Blitzkid (more psychobilly though), Joy Division, Iggy and the Stooges, Minor Threat (More Hardcore than punk though), Jawbreaker, The Copyrights, Against All Authority, Reagan Youth, Nekromantix, and there's so many more I'd love to post, but I'm too lazy. Although I will never see Green day or The Sex Pistols as punk bands.

• Revolt-Monkey

Revolt-Monkey

#15659519 - 6 years ago

In reply to CapnMolesto, #1402:

G.G. Allin and the Murder Junkies was the best era for him no doubt.

• RefuteTheMan

RefuteTheMan

#15660197 - 6 years ago

Surely The Sex Pistols are more punk than the Descendents.

• CapnMolesto

CapnMolesto

#15661170 - 6 years ago

In reply to KiltedThrash, #1405:

Well That where I've always found it under.

• TheGriffon

TheGriffon

#15683273 - 6 years ago

In reply to KiltedThrash, #1395:

I'd go with Nirvana's Nevermind. Other thoughts?

• Giantpanda

Giantpanda

#15688623 - 6 years ago

Probably Operation Ivy's "Operation Ivy" (aka Energy) or the Dead Kennedy's "Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables", as stereotypical as those answers may be.

• Mfoster29

Mfoster29

#15692322 - 6 years ago

Bad Brains' first album. Or "Milo Goes to College" by the Descendents

• 6StringKing

6StringKing

#15694881 - 6 years ago

NOFX

Also guys, remember "Punk" is an attitude/idea, but "Punk Rock" is a sound.

• Pittsman71

Pittsman71

#15720475 - 6 years ago

In reply to RefuteTheMan, #1404:

Screw anarchy in the UK. The Descendents are one of the greatest punk bands to ever exist. Milo goes to College and Everything Sucks are amazing. Melodically superior to any Sex Pistols albums.

• SonyTantoni

SonyTantoni

#15721618 - 6 years ago

In reply to TheGriffon, #1407:

nirvana is a grunge band, not punk.

my favorite joke is still "whats the best thing kurt cobain released? the safety on his shotgun"

• SonyTantoni

SonyTantoni

#15721629 - 6 years ago

minor threats first album or cock sparrer - shock troops

• Pittsman71

Pittsman71

#15721680 - 6 years ago

In reply to SonyTantoni, #1412:

Grunge is a punk sub-genre.