SonyTantoni

#15721701 - 6 years ago

In reply to Pittsman71, #1414:

its a rock sub genre and so is punk. either way i am not a fan of grunge

• Pittsman71

Pittsman71

#15721893 - 6 years ago

In reply to SonyTantoni, #1415:

Punk can still have sub genres even if it is a sub genre itself. Grunge is the what grew out of the isolated Seattle Punk scene. That is why Nirvana's live music sounds pretty punk.

And its all good. We all like different music. I just know this cause I've looked into grunge a lot.

• TheGriffon

TheGriffon

#15721963 - 6 years ago

In reply to Pittsman71, #1416:

Exactly. All music evolves and changes, otherwise it would just be boring. It'd be like saying Master of Puppets isn't a metal album because Metallica is a THRASH metal band. Songs like "Tourette's", "Breed", "On A Plain" & "Territorial Pissings" are some of Nirvana's more strictly punk songs, but they pushed the genre forward. I mean if someone doesn't get it you can't argue against that but discounting them is pretty poor. I'm not a big fan of The Clash, but I won't deny their impact, or say that they're not real punk rock because they would later experiment with Ska, Reggae and Dub music.

• Pittsman71

Pittsman71

#15722415 - 6 years ago

In reply to TheGriffon, #1417:

Someone on another forum once tried to tell me that Alice in Chains wasn't grunge because he liked them, and he doesn't like grunge! haha

• killer_beez

killer_beez

#15730554 - 6 years ago

I hope someone's mentioned Lagwagon somewhere in these 48 pages. My all-time favorite band is Green Day, but Lagwagon, for me at least, is right up there with them. I love Hoss and Let's Talk About Feelings.

• StarF

StarF FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold King of Minneapolis

#33145505 - 3 years ago

Jeff Rosenstock is a DIY punk god and Bomb The Music Industry! is my favorite band in the world. :)