Forums > Music

Wolfmother

Posts (130)

• kip182

kip182

#3890614 - 13 years ago

Who has been priveliged enough to have heard these guys music?

For those who don't know them, Wolfmother are an Aussie rock band that are taking over our country and I'm sure will spread to be huge internationally. Reviews are comparing them to Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. If you listen to any kind of rock music and havent heard Wolfmother yet you should probably change that.

Tell me what you think.

• hellomotoman

hellomotoman

#3890911 - 13 years ago

In reply to kip182, #1:

I have had the opportunity to hear them. Their song, Mind's Eye, is really nice, and I recomend people at least hear that. I don't think they should be compared to Led quite yet. They haven't had any time, right? but yeah, they got potential, as long as the don't feed into doing what the record studio wants them to do or their record advisor. They need to do what they want to do to be good. It is very very hard in todays music world. You more or less are told what to do. Green Day was a'ight in the begining, but look at them now.... Let's keep our fingers crossed for some good music!

*sidenote - don't forget about another great Aussie band, AC/DC.

• hellomotoman

hellomotoman

#3890912 - 13 years ago

In reply to kip182, #1:

I have had the opportunity to hear them. Their song, Mind's Eye, is really nice, and I recomend people at least hear that. I don't think they should be compared to Led quite yet. They haven't had any time, right? but yeah, they got potential, as long as the don't feed into doing what the record studio wants them to do or their record advisor. They need to do what they want to do to be good. It is very very hard in todays music world. You more or less are told what to do. Green Day was a'ight in the begining, but look at them now.... Let's keep our fingers crossed for some good music!

• hellomotoman

hellomotoman

#3890914 - 13 years ago

• hellomotoman

hellomotoman

#3890917 - 13 years ago

crap, tripple post. god damn it why the hell is it doing that?????????? sorry everyone lol.

• kip182

kip182

#3891617 - 13 years ago

On the main page I see 4 replies to the thread. I'm thinking, cool threads started well.

• HacknKill

HacknKill

#3891698 - 13 years ago

Never heard of them, I'll have to check them out. Thanks.

• rhino1045

rhino1045

#3892003 - 13 years ago

I've only heard a couple of songs but I like them. Minds Eye and The White Unicorn are my favourites.

• kip182

kip182

#3896109 - 13 years ago

Yeah everyone who's heard of them like Minds eye. It's such an awesome song.

• xXxpl02iVe

xXxpl02iVe

#3899089 - 13 years ago

Man they're awesome, minds eye kicks ass

• kip182

kip182

#3906617 - 13 years ago

In reply to jmthornsburg, #10:

Yeah on first listen I thought they were good but ntohting amazing. But after a few more plays of the album I was hooked. I also saw them live at Big Day Out which is huge in Australia. I was getting into them then and they were so awesome live... I was hooked from then.

• Wolfmother

Wolfmother

#3926346 - 13 years ago

Excellent band.

Do youself a favour and check them out.

• Halo_Rocks

Halo_Rocks

#4783382 - 13 years ago

wolfmother is amazing. my favorite song is Love Train.

• RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

#4783528 - 13 years ago

I bought the album off of several good reviews, and I wasn't too disappointed. My feeling with this kind of retro-rock is that it never rocks as hard as it should. Wolfmother really is the first one of these bands that actually impressed me. The first track off the album, "Dimension," is terrific.

For those of you with a taste for the more obscure, check out a band called Dungen. If you like Wolfmother, you'll like them...even if they are singing in Swedish.

• plisskin

plisskin

#4784714 - 13 years ago

These guys are pretty awesome. I'm sure i'll be making a visit to the main stage at the Leeds festival to catch a glimpse of them. Another example of great Aussie music.

• Pin_Prick

Pin_Prick

#4784866 - 13 years ago

Their music is really interesting.
    Not you're typical Aussi band...because I actually like them.
    Love Train is also one of my favorite tracks off of their EP
    I first heard of them on one of the Apple iPod commercials (same way I found out about the Caesars)
    You gotta love the guy's hair as well.

• Halo_Rocks

Halo_Rocks

#4790190 - 13 years ago

In reply to Pin_Prick, #17:

ya, im trying to get my hair like that

• el_sand_bag

el_sand_bag

#4790214 - 13 years ago

I love Wolfmother so much. More than Led Zeppelin (yeah, I said it...). Next time i get 2 dollars, I'm going to buy thier album. I downloaded "Woman" and "Love Train" off iTunes.

• DeuxOfHearts

DeuxOfHearts

#4790657 - 13 years ago

I first heard of Wolfmother way back in January, when I heard "Mindseye" on the radio.
    And I've loved them ever since! They're awesome!! ^_^
    <3<3

• omglag

omglag

#4790793 - 13 years ago

I saw one of their videos last night, those guys are an extremely talented three-piece band, they sound sorta like new-age Led Zeppelin

• c_cakemonger

c_cakemonger

#4791512 - 13 years ago

they are absolutley amazing, my favorite band right now. woman is deffinetly the best on their cd, although collossal is very good too

• Wolfmother

Wolfmother

#4791727 - 13 years ago

Every song is good on their album (self titled). There is no bad or filler songs.

But you must see them live, as they rock even more infornt of a crowd

• SAE

SAE

#4791852 - 13 years ago

I saw them at homebake this year they rocked! My favourite song by them is Dimension.

• zackr

zackr

#4792528 - 13 years ago

I loved their Apple Tree one. And Woman. And Colossal. All of them actually smiley8.gif

• kip182

kip182

#4796309 - 13 years ago

In reply to Wolfmother, #23:

Definitely. Seeing them live is what did it for me. Crowd went nuts.