Forums > Music

Musically Talented? Yeah,...same here

Posts (157)

• Evil_Nixon

Evil_Nixon

#3921666 - 13 years ago

Anyone out there play any instruments? I am just wanting to talk to fellow musicians. Even if you arn't that's cool, I won't ignore you. Ha, like I"m really cool enough to ignore anyone.

But yeah, just let me know what you play, or wish to play and what not.

Personally I play drums, alto saxaphone, berry saxaphone, guitar, keyboard/piano, and bass guitar.

• LooperX

LooperX

#3922044 - 13 years ago

I use to play Saxaphone, but its been years. I'm not talented.

• realdeal_55

realdeal_55

#3922110 - 13 years ago

In reply to Evil_Nixon, #1:

w00t for saxaphone players! Some of the coolest people I know (some of my best friends, and my girlfriend) are sax players.

Although, I don't play sax.
    : P
    I play Valve Trombone and Baritone, and I sing Tenor in the choir.
    I'd like to figure out guitar and basic piano.

If I want to be a band teacher, at least some piano is essencial.

• EnterDaMatrx

EnterDaMatrx

#3924473 - 13 years ago

I play piano and guitar. I would LOVE to play Sax though.

• ColdFusion

ColdFusion

#3924739 - 13 years ago

do i play an instrument? i am not sure, i think so

• Master_Moron

Master_Moron

#3924800 - 13 years ago

This guy has some skill, I would say. (56k death)

• kitcorpse

kitcorpse

#3924850 - 13 years ago

hmmm, I wonder.... do I play an instrument????? My icon seems to show that I do.... Hell it is a 5-string bass. Oh and I played trumpet in Elementary and Middle School.

• ACDCROCKER

ACDCROCKER

#3924859 - 13 years ago

I currently play guitar and bass. But this summer I'm going to expand my horizon to:

1.Drums
    2.Ukelele
    3.Banjo
    4.and possibly sitar.

• fromer11

fromer11

#3925126 - 13 years ago

Well i'v been playing electric guitar for a few years now and would like to think that i'm talented! I also have a blues harp but i really have no idea on how to play that crazy thing. I sure wish i did.

• imbenurnot

imbenurnot

#3925201 - 13 years ago

ACDCROCKER: Good luck on affording that sitar

fromer11: The harmonica is so much harder than one would image. Sure, its easy to play the simple child sing-along songs, but to play serious blues harmonica is extremely hard. I've had my harps sitting here for almost a year without serious playing.

• blazeviper

blazeviper

#3925403 - 13 years ago

I play guitar been playing for about one year now and I would consider myself pretty good

• appledude212

appledude212

#3925971 - 13 years ago

Guitar, Bass, and the Trombone for me

• ACDCROCKER

ACDCROCKER

#3926059 - 13 years ago

In reply to imbenurnot, #10:

I've already seen an electric one for about $60, not a great one but something to practice on.

• Bioxx

Bioxx

#3926575 - 13 years ago

I can somewhat play drums, I can play the guitar too
    Acoustic and Electric, bass shouldn't be too hard but I haven't played that before
    I have a Squier Fender- Bullet guitar

• GroovinLow

GroovinLow

#3926963 - 13 years ago

The last time I played my electric bass, I decided that for all applications except trying to emulate Victor Wooten that it is cheating. Specifically, frets. Seriously, I've been spending way too much time on the upright which is just so damned demanding at times...

• ClayD

ClayD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#3927110 - 13 years ago

I play piano, and percussion. I'm best at mallet instruments like marimba, vibraphone, xylophone, etc., but I am reasonably good at timpani, and can play general percussion and drums competently.

I do not play drum set.

Post edited 3/08/06 8:01PM

• GunSlinger89

GunSlinger89

#3927279 - 13 years ago

I used to play Clarinet, and tried alto, although I didn't play that for long.

• deathmonkey2

deathmonkey2

#3927610 - 13 years ago

i play guitar(acoutsic and electric), bass, and drums....

thatsabout it... but im in bands so maybe that counts for something?

• BoneGuy

BoneGuy

#3928965 - 13 years ago

Trombone, guitar, bass, throat, learning piano, planning on taking Lower String Methods next year in college (cello, stand-up bass).

........And of course there's always stuff like the kazoo and slide whistle! I dominate on those! smiley8.gif

• Wickens

Wickens

#3929824 - 13 years ago

Guitar here, my main focus.
    Was my job for about 4 years, traveled to the US to play shows for labels in NY and LA.
    Worked with Steve Vai's studio engineer and he taught me protools, and learned song production from him and the guy who did STP's first demo CD (when they were mighty joe young).
    I've got talent but you can always get better.
    I've also gotten into every single band I've been in by just playing my warmups.
    Every single time I warmup 10 min later I'm taken aside and asked if I want to join, pretty funny sometimes I toy with them and go "i dont know, i might have to think about it..."

• kitcorpse

kitcorpse

#3933523 - 13 years ago

This one is for all you bass players:
    NoTreble.jpg
    (Image taken from www.talkbass.com)

• chuck_sister

chuck_sister

#3933819 - 13 years ago

heh. clever.

i play drums, but my current musical position is "vocalist." i do more than sing (some would argue i do LESS than sing).

• GunSlinger89

GunSlinger89

#3934535 - 13 years ago

In reply to kitcorpse, #21:

Clever.

• Tranzister

Tranzister

#3934901 - 13 years ago

I play the drums, drums, and more drums... basically any precussion instrument you can think of

• Tuba_Nerd

Tuba_Nerd

#3935439 - 13 years ago

I'll give you 5 guesses as to what I play...

I play the tuba, trumpet, and baritone. Let me remember if I can remember anymore. It might take awhile I don't want to think today.