Forums > Music

Musically Talented? Yeah,...same here

Posts (157)

• RedWolf23

RedWolf23

#3936125 - 13 years ago

I play Saxophone and I am learning guitar.

• Gnostic

Gnostic

#3937543 - 13 years ago

Keyboard and more synths and beeps then fourteen orchestras.
    Who the fuck needs real instruments when software emulation is so nice to me?
    (Speaking up as the only apparent electronica producer on this forum)

• kitcorpse

kitcorpse

#3949944 - 13 years ago

In reply to Gnostic, #28:

Gnostic, the only problem I have with Synths is that all the music is pre-recorded by someone who had already played that music... so somewhere down the line there was a real instrument involved.

• chuck_sister

chuck_sister

#3957619 - 13 years ago

In reply to Gnostic, #28:

i would love to make electronica. i have a crappy program i bought at zellers for 30 bucks but i really want to try my hand at the real thing. the only problems for me are a lack of funds right now, not knowing how i would get started/use the equipment, and the simple problem of:

with a computer, you have an almost infinite library of sounds at your fingertips. i'd get caught up in trying all of my options and never really get anywhere in making a song. so my hat goes off to you man, i can wager a guess that it's way harder than people say.

• rodimus117

rodimus117

#3968013 - 13 years ago

i play about 6 instruments

• kitcorpse

kitcorpse

#3969313 - 13 years ago

In reply to rodimus117, #31:

So then name them, dont just say that you play 6 and leave us hangin.

• Grif_pwnz

Grif_pwnz

#3981375 - 13 years ago

I play Acoustic Guitar and um.....Tuba both Marching and Concert.

• Not1337

Not1337

#3982445 - 13 years ago

I'm a world-renowned finger cymbal virtuoso.

• kitcorpse

kitcorpse

#3984749 - 13 years ago

In reply to Not1337, #34:

I bet you also play the five fingered organ too.

• Not1337

Not1337

#3990646 - 13 years ago

In reply to kitcorpse, #35:

No, i've trained my girlfriend pretty well. :D

• kitcorpse

kitcorpse

#3991209 - 13 years ago

In reply to Not1337, #36:

yeah me too....

• Shadus

Shadus

#4014561 - 13 years ago

I used to play flute in the school band...I haven't looked at it in almost 4 years tho

• realdeal_55

realdeal_55

#4021039 - 13 years ago

In reply to Shadus, #39:

That's a shame. Having musical talent is an amazing gift. You shouldn't just ditch it like that.

Challenge: (If you still have it) Play your flute. Mess around, pull out old music. You'll have fun. It'll be like riding a bike, you'll remember everything quickly.

• Evil_Nixon

Evil_Nixon

#4021094 - 13 years ago

Music is an awesome gift. Don't take it for granted

• strongbad_99

strongbad_99

#4021492 - 13 years ago

I used to play the trumpet...Until my school hired the female version of Adolf Hitler as our band teacher, effectively killing the program. (After her first year, last year, her terrible temper and foul demeanor has droped our bands size from 55 to 14).

I'm sad to say that I haven't touched the thing since about a year and a half ago. I HAVE since then taken up the guitar, which I play nearly daily. The guitar is a much more satisfying instrument in my opinion. You try sounding edgy with a high-end brass instrument!

• Twelvestring

Twelvestring FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#4021617 - 13 years ago

guitar and very little bass

primary instruments:
    Acoustic-electric 12-string ovation acoustic
    Custom-built home-made ELECTRIC 12-STRING GUITAR which is the most amazing instrument on the face of the planet

also played:
    my 6-string electric, whose electronics I hot-rodded
    and my 6-string acoustic, which is just plain fun!

hope to play
    more bass sometime soon, but i need to build it first

• postulio

postulio

#4023523 - 13 years ago

i play the trombone pretty good and play the guitar and bass sometimes, but pretty much just in church. I used to play the piano but i quit that in like fifth grade and i dont remember much of it. maybe someday i'll pick that up again.

• chupatingy

chupatingy

#4106856 - 13 years ago

I've played guitar for 11 years(pics of three of them on my profile). But, I'm pretty much in the same boat as Hamwise was talkin about. I just dont get to play much anymore cause all but 2 of my guitars are home in Florida and ones still inbound from me mailing it before I left Iraq. Anyway. I also play bass drums (whenever the opportunity arises, and I'm also going to learn piano as soon as I get back home. Which is soon

• TuckerIsGod

TuckerIsGod

#4107502 - 13 years ago

I can't believe noone else plays this too, but i've got about 13 years of experience on the air guitar.

• Twelvestring

Twelvestring FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#4108493 - 13 years ago

In reply to chupatingy, #45:

my dad just picked up one in baghdad, it wasn't very good, but it was enough to play on, and that held him over for awhile. he just gave it to someone when he left because it wasn't worth much. he figured it was easier than the hasstle of shipping. but then again, he was a civilian working with halliburton, so that may not work for you.

• chupatingy

chupatingy

#4108747 - 13 years ago

In reply to Twelvestring, #47:

I had one of mine shipped out (the one in prof that is actually in my hands). I definitely went to the trouble. Cost over a hundred to get it back here to the States. Which it has made it I found out a lil bit ago

• zackr

zackr

#4109831 - 13 years ago

I've played trombone for over 11 years now, I think. Oh and I sing, a bit. Music is definitely something I live and breathe in... smiley8.gif

• ANBU

ANBU

#4154490 - 13 years ago

I am a bass player...yeah i know...im a sub standard musician.
    but hey, if you wanna hear anything Ive played on feel free to listen to some of the bands that have hired me for recording.
    stereo//static
    The Springs
    The Outlaw Sea

Let me know if you like it

• Twelvestring

#4154626 - 13 years ago

there's nothing sub-standard about bassists, there's a guy i know who plays bass, and he's mastered sweep picking, on a bass, which means without a pick.

so he just sweeps taps, two-hand taps, and generally freaks out, all over his bass. he'd give dave mustaine a run for his money.

• ANBU

ANBU

#4155416 - 13 years ago

In reply to Twelvestring, #51:

oh i was just joking. guitar players always say that about bass players
    but they are just talkin about sucky guitar players that they stuck on bass. I am and always have been a bass player, and I am not a sub standard musician. either way i was joking. sorry man