Forums > Music

Musically Talented? Yeah,...same here

Posts (157)

• zoggles

zoggles FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#5453166 - 13 years ago

Fair point. I Don't want to argue with you as you do seem to know what you are talking about.
    peace out man.( sorry just wanted to be a hippie for a moment)

• Not1337

Not1337

#5453274 - 13 years ago

Personally, i'll argue the day away why the guitar isn't technically a traditional string instrument even though at the end of the day i'd call it a string instrument by definition.

To stay with the thread, my middle school band teacher let me borrow a french horn today. Excited about learning that :D

• Wickens

Wickens

#5455585 - 13 years ago

In reply to Not1337, #104:

No wonder you dont know much about stringed instruments, you're a bass player! Ha, sorry, I couldnt help myself. But you are right, the original stringed instruments indeed had NO frets.
    But it also depends on what you believe to be the first in an era where record keeping was...well...shitty.

• Qmiser

Qmiser

#5549458 - 12 years ago

I play...

Trombone (3 yrs)
    Bass Trombone (2 yrs)
    Baratone (2 yrs) (It's half a tuba basicly)
    Guitar (3 months)
    Keyboard (Self taught for 1 yr)
    Didgeridoo (Just got it last night and working on learning how to play it via internet)

So yeah, I am very musicly talented.

• Qmiser

Qmiser

#5549539 - 12 years ago

Oh yeah here are the insturments I want to play

Saxophone
    Bass
    Button Accordian (Yeah it may sound weird, but there is an Irish music band that I really like and the accordian sounds awesome there... trust me on this one)
    and maybe Tuba

In other words, I love to play music!

• zoggles

zoggles FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#5556403 - 12 years ago

I want to play the yazz flute

• Risen

Risen

#5557763 - 12 years ago

In reply to Qmiser, #107

I know how to play bass and guitar, and trumpet.

Im learning the piano, and to tell ya the truth...I want to learn the bagpipes. smiley1.gif

• zoggles

#5558651 - 12 years ago

I really hate playing guitar. All music is terrible. If no law is put in place against music, I must not be held responsible for my actions.

I'm also quite musically talented

• Qmiser

Qmiser

#5559139 - 12 years ago

In reply to Risen, #109:

Yea bagpipes would be fun...

• Risen

Risen

#5559330 - 12 years ago

In reply to Qmiser, #111

and I have to ask, Whats a Didgeridoo?

• BlooferLady

BlooferLady

#5560302 - 12 years ago

It's an aboriginal folk instrument. It's about 2 meters long, made of some type of wood, eucalyptus sometimes. If you google it, you can find audio clips, it makes a sort of droning noise.

Anyways, I'm a cellist, and I love it. Which is why I'm a music education major. I have to say, that I cannot play guitar. I can't handle more than 4 strings. I should try the banjo.

• trk17guy

trk17guy

#5561171 - 12 years ago

In reply to BlooferLady, #113:

A banjo has 5 strings, unless you're talking about a bass banjo.

• eragon11

eragon11

#5561178 - 12 years ago

banjo has four and a half. lol

• eragon11

eragon11

#5561189 - 12 years ago

sorry five and a half

• Risen

Risen

#5561596 - 12 years ago

In reply to BlooferLady, #113

Thanks, ill have to check it out...and I dont know how many strings a banjo has...but ide still like to play one.

• BlooferLady

BlooferLady

#5561720 - 12 years ago

Well, it's still fewer than six. How does it have half of a string?

• Risen

Risen

#5561793 - 12 years ago

I guess its smaller.

well, I play guitar, but I dont know nothing about a banjo having a half string.

• eragon11

eragon11

#5563507 - 12 years ago

the banjo has a top string that starts halfway down the fret board

• Risen

Risen

#5564817 - 12 years ago

okay.

• BlooferLady

BlooferLady

#5588245 - 12 years ago

Interesting, Thanks. Maybe I'll go off the deep end and learn Mandolin. ;)

• Risen

Risen

#5589570 - 12 years ago

haha...that works.

• Master_Moron

Master_Moron

#5593566 - 12 years ago

I've always kind of wanted to pick up the Bagpipe, 'tis an amazing instrument

• altereco

altereco

#5593688 - 12 years ago

I mainly play guitar but I also play the Native American Flute, the Ocarina, And some other experimental instruments.

• Risen

Risen

#5596988 - 12 years ago

the ocarina sounds like really cool. My best friends little brother got one and I played on it.

• altereco

altereco

#5597470 - 12 years ago

In reply to Risen, #126:

Yah it does have a very neat sound. I found it was very easy to make more organic birdlike noises with it.The flute and Ocarina are pretty easy to pick up on guitar's taken me much longer.
    Oh if any of you wanna hear some short songs I recorded check out my myspace http:www.Myspace.com/marcusjaramillo