Forums > Music

Musically Talented? Yeah,...same here

Posts (157)

• Risen

Risen

#5598819 - 12 years ago

In reply to altereco, #127

Is it pretty easy to learn, cause I might consider starting that up. And guitar was pretty hard to get used to, but once you get those main chords down, its pretty much smooth sailing from there. And I couldnt get your link to work. smiley6.gif

• altereco

altereco

#5599144 - 12 years ago

In reply to Risen, #128:

Yah it is pretty easy to learn. If you want i can help you out.Yeah im still learning guitar but im going past chords i wanna learn to solo!
    anyways try copying and pasting this
    www.myspace.com/marcusjaramillo
    most of the stuff i have on there is short and unfinished though >.< I have a tendancy to start things and not finish them

• Risen

Risen

#5599518 - 12 years ago

In reply to altereco, #129

Im already past chords too. Except, Im already past solo's. I dont really like playing it anymore though. I really enjoy playing the drums. And thats how everyone is basically. Always starting something and never finishing it.

• altereco

altereco

#5599576 - 12 years ago

In reply to Risen, #130:
    yah im starting to solo but im having problems with it.lol i cant play the drums to save my life
    lol yah i really do need to finish my songs though. And I also need to add more instruments. Usually it's just one insturment playing but I dont know anyone who will record drums or bass or any of the other instruments i play.

• Risen

Risen

#5599588 - 12 years ago

man, I dont know how to record anything. But, our band is working on it. And the stuff sounds good, but like you said. Needs more instruments and to be finished.

• altereco

altereco

#5599606 - 12 years ago

In reply to Risen, #132:

Lol I use a program called Audacity for recording. It works ok but it can be a pain. Thanks for the compliment. yah I should be metting with a bass player this weekend maybe i can work something out and add a little to the songs. But i still need to find someone who plays drums (and who doesnt hate me at the moment). Anways what kind of music does our band play?

• Risen

Risen

#5602319 - 12 years ago

We mainly play christian rock. But we like to hit it up on some different stuff from time to time. But we only do that in practice.

• cappa_gamma

cappa_gamma

#5681312 - 12 years ago

i think that if u can play something, thats different from actually playing something, like i play the drums, i kick ass id say, but so many people are saying that they play all these different instruments, andthats not fair to the people who really know what they are doing and are good at it

there is a diference beteewn having played something, and being good at it

• Risen

Risen

#5681477 - 12 years ago

In reply to cappa_gamma, #135

I agree...I am also a drummer. Thats what I love to do and its what im best at. But, I do play guitar...and have been for two years. Ive been playing trumpet for 7 years..I dont love it, but I dont hate it either.

• raisethyfist

raisethyfist

#5681781 - 12 years ago

I'm a bass player for a local Alternative Rock group that is still in the works of forming a setlist. We just ordered our very own Mackie P.A. System and should be touring with some of the local heavy metal bands that have invited us. I'll put up a myspace address as soon as one is available.

• Risen

Risen

#5682315 - 12 years ago

cool.

• altereco

altereco

#5684269 - 12 years ago

In reply to cappa_gamma, #135:

I actually play my intruments and know what im doing with most of them. I am still learning how to play guitar but that doesnt mean im not good at it. You don't actually know if these people know what they're doing unless you hear them play. So I don't think it's fair to THEM that when they say they play instruments and you say they dont know what they're doing.

• cappa_gamma

cappa_gamma

#5686078 - 12 years ago

In reply to altereco, #139:

thats not what i ment at all, but those people who put more time into what they play are being upped by people that say they can play, but have only tried it a couple times

if some can play quite a few instruments and are actually really good at it, props to them, but true, you can never tell unless you hear them

• Risen

Risen

#5686406 - 12 years ago

true dat.

I think people that actually play are cool. But posers need to shut the hell up.

• cappa_gamma

cappa_gamma

#5686861 - 12 years ago

amen!

• Zero_skater

Zero_skater

#5706912 - 12 years ago

In reply to Evil_Nixon, #1:

I play a little guitar. I'm starting to get better. Lol.

• mjnelson

mjnelson

#5801089 - 12 years ago

Drums, piano, trumpet, baritone.

Some people here make me feel like i play almost nothing...

• Darth_Plexus

Darth_Plexus

#5807273 - 12 years ago

I play the piano. Ever since I was 2, my family said I had a musical talent in me. I could play any song I wanted, if I heard it twice, and I still can. (I also make club songs, and rap beats. Im a Rapper trying to get a record deal right now) Im average at reading music, because I just started reading a year ago. (That's when I learned how to play Moonlight Sonata, in two weeks)
    I can play, Für Elise, The Entertainer, a little bit of Maple Leaf Rag, Sonatina, Come and dance with me,and Bercuse.

• cappa_gamma

cappa_gamma

#5808347 - 12 years ago

In reply to Darth_Plexus, #145:

thats rad!

• genisis_x

genisis_x

#5810852 - 12 years ago

Another Bassist here. Been at it for about... 4 years.

Being a musician rocks.

-X

• cappa_gamma

cappa_gamma

#5811920 - 12 years ago

In reply to genisis_x, #147:

amen :P

• MercilessG

MercilessG

#5816292 - 12 years ago

I play the Electric guitar,bass,guitar,harmonica,keyboard,and drums

• Thesentry

Thesentry

#7121032 - 12 years ago

acually I'm kinda curious, I wanted to learn how to play guitar but I wanted to know before hand, how difficult is it to play?

• GodLy

GodLy

#7121179 - 12 years ago

I play these instruments

1)Alto/ Tenor sax
    2)Guitar
    3)Bass guitar
    4)Drums

• Thesentry

Thesentry

#7121470 - 12 years ago

is the guitar tough to learn?