Forums > Music

Hawthorne Heights

Posts (62)

• ACDCROCKER

ACDCROCKER

#3983740 - 13 years ago

I searched the archive and was pretty amazed that I couldn't find a previous thread for Hawthorne Heights, so logical thing to do, make one. I usually don't like bands like this, but the second vocalist (screamer) got my attention. Alot of their stuff is kinda catchy. As most people know they just came out with their second album and re-issued they're first album (silence in black and white) with a bonus DVD. Here's a link to the official website.

• Rydel23

Rydel23

#3997132 - 13 years ago

Can't stand them anymore... Liked them about two years ago though, i won't even lie about it.

They're new stuff is SLIGHTLY catchy, but every song sounds the same.

• Rydel23

Rydel23

#3997140 - 13 years ago

they're nice guys though, I'll give them that.

• phsycomundo

phsycomundo

#3998086 - 13 years ago

emos

• MrCrow

MrCrow

#4005740 - 13 years ago

they are ok,they have 1 or 2 songs that i like

• BamBamBradley

BamBamBradley twitch.tv/BamBamBradley

#4086938 - 13 years ago

There awesome but the new album sucks compared to In The Silence of Black and White.

• Fizzalita

Fizzalita

#4087375 - 13 years ago

Hawthorne Heights....goddamn..i hate that fucking commercial.

• hayato1333

hayato1333

#4093960 - 13 years ago

I really dont like them.

• Mondays

Mondays

#4094819 - 13 years ago

The emoness, and the whole part about them sounding like whinny bitches doesn't do it for me.

• BamBamBradley

BamBamBradley twitch.tv/BamBamBradley

#4097079 - 13 years ago

i just bought there new dvd though!

• Ronin01

Ronin01

#4100488 - 13 years ago

Stop calling them fucking Emo, all music is emotional. The band sucks yes I know, the lead singer has no facial expression its true. "Cut my wrist and black my eyes" are shitty lyrics. Blah Blah, I dont think they have much talent and neither do a good number of people.

• Ronin01

Ronin01

#4100500 - 13 years ago

In reply to Fizzalita, #9:

and yes, fuck that commercial.

• appledude212

appledude212

#4107066 - 13 years ago

In reply to Ronin01, #13:

Stop calling them fucking Emo, all music is emotional.

"Cut my wrist and black my eyes". Those lyrics are emo. Therefore, they are emo.

Yes, all music has emotion. But Emo doesn't involve real music, rather just bitching about not getting laid and cutting wrists all day. That isn't music, it's shit.

• hayato1333

hayato1333

#4107945 - 13 years ago

That's not Emo it's Mainstream bullshit.
    Circle Takes The Square is Emo
    Emo is good, dont throw shit in with something good.

• hayato1333

hayato1333

#4107953 - 13 years ago

Oh and just to make it clear I think Hawthorne Heights is shit, I'm not defending them... I'm defending Real Emo.

• ACDCROCKER

ACDCROCKER

#4108548 - 13 years ago

I just like the music, I could care less (in this case anyways) about the meaning, just has a nice rhythm to it.

• fnvicky

fnvicky

#4115714 - 13 years ago

i like em...and they are really entertaining live...also fairly nice guys to talk to.

• Preacherpres

Preacherpres

#4121944 - 13 years ago

I don't really like metal that much, and i REALLY don't like wannabe metal, like hawthorne heights.
    I also don't like bands with stuff that makes absolutely no sense. I've heard alot about them from friends, and seen commercials (who cares if they're outside of a window with a radio. just get to the point)

• AgpMatt

AgpMatt

#4132882 - 13 years ago

In reply to Preacherpres, #20:

Lot's of bands don't make sense. Lot's of really good bands. And i'm sure there's a meaning behind that song. You may not know it, but there likely is one.

• erikkson

erikkson

#4258180 - 13 years ago

i love HH they had a concert a couple weeks ago in portland they are pretty good they arnt a real metal band but more rock

• PregnantKat

PregnantKat

#4349405 - 13 years ago

This is deffinatly an emo band. I love them.

• xLynsyx

xLynsyx

#4364117 - 13 years ago

Over the past two summers I fell in love with them....

but after i heard their new cd... i felt like they werent as good. every song feels the same.

• charleylady

charleylady

#4365175 - 13 years ago

personally I cant stand them, and I think theyre boring live.
    but thats just me.

• itachi1452

itachi1452

#4448462 - 13 years ago

they're ok. at first, when i heard ohio is for lovers, i loved it. that time, i was so obsessed with my chemical romance, so it was like something similar and new. but then i heard their other songs, they were ok. but then, eventually, i started becoming a hater of ohio is for lovers. i still listen to them once in a while, but not often. wow, i'd say they're the closest emo band to my chemical romance either! the used is kinda close, but not as much.

• snipethis

snipethis

#4448493 - 13 years ago

They did a concert where I live.

Not bad. They need a little work, but not too bad.

Too much emo for me though, the only reason why I went is because there was nothing to do.

Post edited 5/03/06 6:11PM