Forums > Music

Queens Of The Stone Age

Posts (754)

• ACDCROCKER

ACDCROCKER

#4727232 - 13 years ago

I searched both Queens of the Stone Age and QOTSA and found nothing. Q.O.T.S.A are amazing. Everyone in the band is capable of singing as well as playing their instrument. They have four albums out right now. They're website is right here. Josh Homme is the hugest vocalist/guitarist and makes the guitar look tiny. So go ahead and discuss them.

• I_shotChurch

I_shotChurch

#4728540 - 13 years ago

huh, I saw you in the Weezer thread. I also think that QOTSA fucking rock, I thought there new CD was great. Little Sister and Go with the Flow are the two catchiest songs like ever.

• Pin_Prick

Pin_Prick

#4728609 - 13 years ago

They are very...dirty men.
    Not that there's anything wrong but...
    They own the pinnacle of Infamous Tour Bands
    Buddyhead keeps me updated on them
    QOTSA is packed with talent. Like ACDCROCKER said not one of them is short with talent.
    They're definately one of those bands that deserve more credit than they already have.

• Wolfmother

Wolfmother

#4728658 - 13 years ago

Dirty men?

expalin please

• drukgs

drukgs

#4728951 - 13 years ago

Saw them with Turbonegro and NIN. They can own a crowd. Lullabies is a pretty good album, but lacks without the pressence of Nick Oliveri.

• nickles

nickles

#4730431 - 13 years ago

Absolutely love this band. Josh Homme is an incredibly talented guitarist and vocalist.

I agree that Lullabies falls short of the greatness that Songs for the Deaf was, but was still quite impressive nonetheless. Their live album/DVD is also fucking amazing. They have a great stage presence, and I liked many of the songs they played more than the studio versions of them, especially No One Knows, which was incredible.

I've been trying to buy their self-titled for a while, but I guess it's been out of print for a while now and is a bit difficult to locate. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on one soon.

• ACDCROCKER

ACDCROCKER

#4965287 - 13 years ago

Alright, I found this out yesterday and didn't even think about posting it, guess I was too excited. Alright, Josh Homme announced that he is busy working on the new Queens of the Stone Age album. He won't reveal the line up but it is rumored that Jesse Keeler of "Death From Above" will be on Bass and that Chris Goss is the producer. Goss worked on previous QOTSA albums so I'm sure it will be good. Other info is HERE

• nickles

nickles

#4965440 - 13 years ago

In reply to ACDCROCKER, #7:

zomgorgasm

Hopefully much more good news will follow in the following months. :D

• DondeBiscuts

DondeBiscuts

#4969936 - 13 years ago

One of the few bands who could be considered stoner rock who have achieved mainstream succes. and they deserve it. all hail Kyuss

• monkey_bacon

monkey_bacon

#4972035 - 13 years ago

In reply to ACDCROCKER, #7:

I love QOTSA. and if Jesse Keeler is on bass for the next album it will be amazing because I love death from above as well.

• DondeBiscuts

DondeBiscuts

#4972320 - 13 years ago

I am somewhat bummed that Nick Oliveri is no longer filling bass duties, I fell that it kinda saps the Kyuss influence from the band, also Hernandez is also MIA from qotsa

• tmoneynyy

tmoneynyy

#4972608 - 13 years ago

I'm going to have to agree that Queens of the Stone Age is a fantastic band. I bought both albums from The Eagles of Death Metal (who are also very good) just because Josh Homme is in the band.

• nickles

nickles

#4972695 - 13 years ago

In reply to TMoneYNYY, #13:

Do you have any of the Desert Sessions stuff? Several songs from there have eventually become QOTSA tracks, such as Hangin' Tree and In My Head. And much of the rest of it is just gold.

• tmoneynyy

tmoneynyy

#4972818 - 13 years ago

In reply to nickles, #14:

No, but I've heard they're amazing. I haven't been able to find them ANYWHERE! Where did you get them?

• nickles

nickles

#4972859 - 13 years ago

In reply to TMoneYNYY, #15:

You can get "7 & 8" and "9 & 10" off of amazon. The others are much rarer, but supposedly 1-6 are going to be remastered and put on sale together sometime this year. I only have 7-10, but both albums are great.

• tmoneynyy

tmoneynyy

#4972931 - 13 years ago

In reply to nickles, #16:

Nice, thanks man. I'm going to look into that. If they are going to release them, I would bet on a huge boxset, that would make the most money.

• UberRocket

UberRocket

#4973168 - 13 years ago

QOTSA is definately a kick ass band. I wish I could see them in concert though...

• Vulcan570

Vulcan570

#4974372 - 13 years ago

Yay I thought I was the only one that liked them. I never seen such
    amazing songs like one of favs are The Feel Good Hit Of The Summer.
    Over all they are the best of the best.

• ACDCROCKER

ACDCROCKER

#4974798 - 13 years ago

In reply to nickles, #16:

Actually, they're not only remastering 1-6, they're remastering all of them. In CD and Vinyl, but of course vinyl is a little too expensive. I can't wait, so I can get them all, specially the first few.

• voodooelflad

voodooelflad

#4975020 - 13 years ago

your a cock smoker arent you (ya gotta be kool like me and tyler, and watched tha dvd to get it)

• nickles

nickles

#4980035 - 13 years ago

Over The Years and Through the Woods is an amazing live CD/DVD. Definitely a must buy for any QOTSA fan.

• voodooelflad

voodooelflad

#4991871 - 13 years ago

"Go with the flow" and "burn the witch" are ma favorites

• red989

red989

#4999687 - 13 years ago

I love this band. Have you seen them on SNL playing "Little Sister?" It was great. Will Ferrell jumped in and did the cowbell.

Definetly one of my fav bands

• tanks_alot

tanks_alot

#5030106 - 13 years ago

finally! a thread on qotsa. i love there music, no one knows is probably my favorite song, closely followed be the lost art of keeping a secret. on the surface, their music seems quite easy, but still interesting. this is until you listen to them on a long road trip and unvail the layer of awsomeness. Some of the drum parts make my head hurt.

• ACDCROCKER

ACDCROCKER

#5201528 - 13 years ago

jermainemarch11031.jpg?SSImageQuality=Fu