Forums > Music

Power Metal

Posts (232)

• Master_Moron

Master_Moron

#10595692 - 10 years ago

In reply to Draculafreak, #230:

True.

Except replace Hammerfall and Edguy with Blind Guardian and Rhapsody.

• Frostitute

Frostitute

#10596338 - 10 years ago

In reply to Draculafreak, #230:

Hammerfall and Edguy are all the delicious cheese you need.

Edguy are fantastically cheesy.
    Hellfire Club is up there in my favourite albums list.

• yeager

yeager

#10597066 - 10 years ago

Idk, Falconer or Dream Evil will clog your arteries up pretty good

• GunSlinger89

GunSlinger89

#10671443 - 10 years ago

In reply to Master_Moron, #231:

BLIND GUARDIAN AND RHAPSODY FTW!

• r0xx0rz

r0xx0rz

#10689328 - 10 years ago

Edguy are cheesy and they damn well know it. Sammet hams it up to such a ridiculous degree it just makes for some of the most brilliant and hilarious music you can find in the power metal genre.

Grouping Falconer with Dream Evil in a cheese contest is practically criminal by the way, after anything Rhapsody has ever done, Dream Evil's Book of Heavy Metal is THE cheesiest song ever. Falconer can get pretty bad at times but all the albums with Mathias Blad are just magical

• Chasnicalzon

Chasnicalzon

#15694568 - 6 years ago

To me Edguy are the band that got carried away with the whole cheesy thing it just sounds like pop music with distorted guitars to me

• EddyGoldbean

EddyGoldbean

#15700053 - 6 years ago

To me, Power Metal is a natural continuation of classic Heavy Metal, and the one I love most. Call me old fasioned, but if there isn't an awesome catchy melody, some intricate guitar tunes, epic orchestral arrangements, or just something that makes you want to jump and singalong, It doesn't really interest me.
    Interested going through this and finding mention of Sabaton (that post was 6 years ago)
    SInce then they have released 3 masterful records, the Art of War, Coat of Arms and Carolus Rex, and become one of the hottest acts on the European Metal scene.
    Also check out "Time 1" by Wintersun, an absolutely astounding record, one of the most amazing and intricate pieces of music you will ever listen to.
    Stratovarius's new album Nemesis also just came out, also an impressive record.
    For a new entry in the cheesy department, check out Gloryhammer's (from Alestorm's Christopher Bowes) first single Angus McFife.