Forums > Music

Power Metal

Posts (232)

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#4894035 - 13 years ago

In reply to Cloud, #59:

I'm told he's pretty flexible with payment, so e-mailing him about using PayPal would probably work just fine. And if you happen to get something, get Food For The Gods.
    I'll upload what I can in the meantime. It would help if you told me what you already have though.

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#4894098 - 13 years ago

His MySpace page has more downloads. I'm pretty sure these are the only ones I have. :T

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#4894135 - 13 years ago

Fine. :(
    I'll upload them.

• DemoncF

DemoncF

#4894563 - 13 years ago

I wouldn't advise you to stay completely away from Dragonforce.

However, one song will probably be all you need. So... take "Through the Fire and the Flames" and add it to a burned CD ohh... 9 times. You've now got a better version of Inhuman Rampage. =)

SABATON, however, is a seriously excellent band. It my take you a few listens to get into it with the relatively low production and the gruff vocals. But once you get into them... they're addictive.

• DondeBiscuts

DondeBiscuts

#4894755 - 13 years ago

Blind gaurdian. I bought their middle earth concept album.... it is hilarious.

• DemoncF

DemoncF

#4894775 - 13 years ago

Well... In Power Metal most bands walk the line of brilliance and ridiculousness on a daily basis.

• Master_Moron

Master_Moron

#4894782 - 13 years ago

There's some good songs on that album.

• kitcorpse

kitcorpse

#4894854 - 13 years ago

and the line of rediculousness is walked by ManOwar on a minutly basis.

• GunSlinger89

GunSlinger89

#4894891 - 13 years ago

In reply to Cloud, #63:

Dude, it was working. I checked pretty much right after you posted this.

• Laid_To_Rest

Laid_To_Rest

#4895107 - 13 years ago

smiley12.gif DragonForce smiley12.gif

• GunSlinger89

GunSlinger89

#4895277 - 13 years ago

=(
    Ok... Is it working?

• DondeBiscuts

DondeBiscuts

#4896810 - 13 years ago

im not entirelly sure if he counts, but Dio is the man

• Ragnaviper

Ragnaviper

#4898546 - 13 years ago

Yeah, Dio's one of the most well known (as well as one of the best) power metal vocalists, but his music (mainly with Sabbath) is more accurately heavy metal.

• GunSlinger89

GunSlinger89

#4899918 - 13 years ago

It definately is more Heavy Metal. And yes, Dio is very well known and is pretty damn good.

• Master_Moron

Master_Moron

#4900251 - 13 years ago

Dio is definitely one of the best vocalists of all time.

• tmoneynyy

tmoneynyy

#4900381 - 13 years ago

Dio is neither over nor underrated. He is simply Dio, the man all men/women shall bow down to because of his metal godliness!

• Master_Moron

Master_Moron

#4900510 - 13 years ago

NVM

Link didn't work.

Post edited 6/29/06 12:11PM

• Cyrus_Ramses

Cyrus_Ramses

#4900831 - 13 years ago

In reply to DondeBiscuts, #66:

Nightfall in Middle Earth? Hilarious? wtf? I've heard some hilarious metal (lol Manowar, swords wet like virigins and so forth), and Nightfall is definitely not funny, nor cheesy.

• Master_Moron

Master_Moron

#4900848 - 13 years ago

I really liked "Into The Storm".

• DondeBiscuts

DondeBiscuts

#4900865 - 13 years ago

if you ask some people, like monowar fans (my crazy ass cousin) power metal is also known as true metal.

• DondeBiscuts

DondeBiscuts

#4900963 - 13 years ago

thats why i noted my sources as crazy and manowar fans..... who are also crazy.

• DondeBiscuts

DondeBiscuts

#4900976 - 13 years ago

not that monowar isnt awesome, but some of their fans need to change out of the loin cloths

• DondeBiscuts

DondeBiscuts

#4901010 - 13 years ago

shit

• atwa320

atwa320

#4901037 - 13 years ago

In reply to DondeBiscuts, #91:

Eloquent post

• DemoncF

DemoncF

#4902230 - 13 years ago

Basically, the more brutally extreme it is, or the more classic it is, the more true it is.

Theres a direct relationship between brutallity, classicness, and trueness.

Ex. Slipknot: Brutal = no, Classic = no, True = no

Ex. Iron Maiden: Brutal = no, Classic = Yes, True = Yes

Ex. Megadeth: Brutal = not really, Classic = Definately, Hidden Bonus (Contains one of the various metal deities, in this case Dave Mustaine) = +10, True = Hell Yes

Ex. Emporer: Brutal = Yes, Classic = Somewhat, +5 for Corpsepaint used tastefully, True = Yes

Ex. Tool: Brutal = no, Classic = no, +3 for Danny Carrey, True = No (Sorry Dan, you just don't cut it)

Ex. Strapping Young Lad: Brutal = Yes, Classic = no, +25 for Devin Townsend, True = Very much so

I hope that helped a bit. As for the people who may find flaws in this breakdown (I'm looking right at you Kyle! =P), it is meant for entertainment value only, and should not be taken as fact. My oppinions as to what are Brutal and Classic vary from other Metalheads and are in no way affiliated with Red vs Blue, as they're metal hating cockbites... =/

Oh right, Listen to Sabaton!