Forums > Music

The Pillows Thread

Posts (66)

• dac32123

dac32123

#5093361 - 13 years ago

for any one that this is the first time hearing or the pillows they are a japanese band
    they also did most of the music for the anime FLCL

music video - i think i can - the pillows - (google video)

music video - The Third eye - the pillows - (google video)

music video - ride on a shooting star - the pillows - (youtube)

• damonix

damonix

#5093436 - 13 years ago

.....this isnt what i was expecting.....i was hoping to talk about the wonderful inventions that kick ass when you go to sleep. those pillows rock....and im to lazy to click on those links soooo, im gonna stick to talking about the pillows i have known and come to love. thanks for being there guys

• dac32123

dac32123

#5093447 - 13 years ago

lol,,,i like those pillows too

• Dubiousduke

Dubiousduke

#5094838 - 13 years ago

erm... you're not supposed to do thread on bands, I think.

• thricefolife

thricefolife

#5100082 - 13 years ago

yeah I am also too lazy to click on ze link because I have ze effin dial up and it will take forever just tell me what kinda music they play and I'll decide if it's worth it to let it load for however long it will take lol... also I like the pillows that I sleep on sometimes they get all hot and I have to flip them over...

• BaconBitz123

BaconBitz123

#5105913 - 13 years ago

In reply to Dubiousduke, #4:

If it is against the rules to make a forum about bands, then there are way 2 many frikin rules on this forum site! Here is a rule I think is gay...NO versus forums. WTF! This site is called Red versus blue! If that is against the rules, that is gay. Wat would be even gayer is if a moderator deleted this comment. Wich he most likly will.

• dac32123

dac32123

#5106674 - 13 years ago

well at first i thought the same as you,,,then i got to thinking,,,alot of people think strongly for what they beleve,,,in other word some people would neg other people to hell

• kehbeenkeem

kehbeenkeem

#5107469 - 13 years ago

i like pillows

• Black_Label

Black_Label

#5108444 - 13 years ago

The Pillows are okay for a Japanese band. I personally don't like music in other languages because I like t ohear the lyrics, but I like thier song 'Ride on Shooting Star'.

• NineBreaker

NineBreaker

#5276603 - 13 years ago

Highlight of the summer.
    WARNING: May contain e-bragging.

But really, I love the pillows. I have 4, and soon 5, of their albums. What irritates me is that a lot of people that I know that know them only like them "cuz dey did the muzic to FLCL!" Though FLCL is how I discovered their music, the music is actually stood out, and I liked the music more than the show. I mean, Ride on Shooting Star is a good song, but their are soooo many of thier non-FLCL music that is better. I think my point is is that they are a band that deserve more recognition than for providing music for the soundtrack to FLCL.

• dac32123

dac32123

#5319167 - 12 years ago

that is so bad ass

• squirrel05

squirrel05

#5325277 - 12 years ago

The Pillows are great, and My Foot is an excellent CD. I love Gazelle City most of all.

• myxomatosis

myxomatosis

#5325647 - 12 years ago

To all those who first heard them from FLCL, I highly urge you to download their non-FLCL albums. They have so much more range and depth.

• Puck_Fairy

Puck_Fairy

#5363697 - 12 years ago

I love The Pillows. Yes, I bought the FLCL album and that was it, but... I love it. They're great for listening to after school or volleyball practice. I've been trying to buy a CD that wasn't FLCL, but I can't find any.

• myxomatosis

myxomatosis

#5363883 - 12 years ago

In reply to Puck_Fairy, #15:

www.cdjapan.co.jp
    www.hmv.co.jp
    www.yesasia.com

• NineBreaker

NineBreaker

#5363901 - 12 years ago

In reply to myxomatosis, #16:

Also there is play-asia.com, which has "Please Mr. Lostman," the album where their modern sound and style originated from. It is a must for a pillows fan. My copy should be coming in any day now...

• Puck_Fairy

Puck_Fairy

#5363957 - 12 years ago

In reply to myxomatosis, #16:

THANK YOU. Yay!

• NineBreaker

NineBreaker

#5385001 - 12 years ago

IT CAME!. Please Mr. Lostman is such a great album, and, as I said before, a must-own title for any pillows fan.

• Oirazan

Oirazan

#5445318 - 12 years ago

I currently have 7 of the pillows' albums and I love every one of them. They are a great band and I really wish that I had gone to their show in NYC. I tried to get tickets but they were sold out like after the first two or three days. I got every one of my roommates into the pillows and I started a pillows fangroup on facebook. If any of you are on Facebook, you should join this group. It's called "The Pillows Fangroup: I like you busters!"

• ProfDrCmdrChang

ProfDrCmdrChang Professor Doctor Command

#5448788 - 12 years ago

In reply to NineBreaker, #11:
    Even though FuriKuri was definitely their claim to fame (wow, that phrase took longer to type out than I wanted it to), I definitely agree with you. I'm normally careful to put the word "rock" on any Japanese band but The Pillows really just take their guitars and run with it.
    The catchy riffs are a plus, too. I don't know why, but despite not being a groundbreaking band there's something about their playing that they really make their own. It'd be just one second into a song and I already know it's The Pillows.

• NineBreaker

NineBreaker

#5449028 - 12 years ago

I really love their older music. Though their alternative style is still present in their modern music, it still isnt as much as it used to. One thing they still have and do well (and also one of my absolute favorite things about them) are their "fills." Im assuming you all know what "fills" are?

• yourmomcow

yourmomcow

#5560371 - 12 years ago

PILLOWS!!!!!!

• NineBreaker

NineBreaker

#5560485 - 12 years ago

In reply to yourmomcow, #23:

Yes, indeed pillows.

• dac32123

dac32123

#5598516 - 12 years ago

ok those were to useless comments,,,then again so is this one

so anyone know any big news or any thing about the pillows thats not already in here?

• NineBreaker

NineBreaker

#5602683 - 12 years ago

Well, I think its sure fact that there will be yet another USA tour, but we will have to wait for details. When I find anything, I'll let you all know.