Forums > Music

Dethklok

Posts (117)

• Skathe_665

Skathe_665

#5362397 - 12 years ago

Dethklok is a Metal band from Mordhaus, United States. Obviously a fictional (?) band made for a T.V. show called Metalocalypse. I actually like the music played in the songs "wrote" by Dethklok. Such as Awaken Mustakrakish and Dethklok Deththeme. Dethklok's Myspace

• Vlad

Vlad

#5384785 - 12 years ago

In reply to Skathe_665, #1:

Fictional band? How can a band be fictional? If there's somebody making music, and it's more than one person, then they're a real band, regardless if they're just cartoon characters. Let's bring up Gorillaz for example, here. It's the dude from The Blur and someone else making the music, but the cartoon characters represent the band for the audience, which is exactly what Dethklok is.

In reply to jmthornsburg, #2:

I think the full band name is "Dethklok Metalocolypse."

No. "Dethklok Metalocalypse" was the original name for the show they were going to use. It was originally goinig to be just "Dethklok", but there was already another show by that name (some other country, I believe). If you even watch five minutes of the show you'd know that the band is just called Dethklok. "It's Dethklok! It's Dethklok!" the news reporter screams as the band drops from the sky only ten minutes into the show. At no point have they been called Dethklok Metalocalypse, unless I somehow missed it after watching every single episode two or more times.

• HiddenNinja

HiddenNinja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold HiddenNinja

#5385234 - 12 years ago

Fictional as in Steel Dragon, the movie from Rock Star. Great music, but the band does not technically exist. Regardless, the show owns pretty damn hard.

• Cyrus_Ramses

Cyrus_Ramses

#5386220 - 12 years ago

There can be fictional bands. Spinal Tap anyone?

• Vlad

Vlad

#5386753 - 12 years ago

In reply to Cyrus_Ramses, #5:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Spinal Tap is a group of four people, playing instruments and singing. That's a band, regardless if it's just for a movie.

Nanowar also goes under this category.

Post edited 9/06/06 12:09PM

• Vlad

Vlad

#5387104 - 12 years ago

In reply to jmthornsburg, #8:

You don't call people by their full name, do you?

Why, yes I do, Jordan Thornsburg. Yes I do.

• CALLmeCRAZY

CALLmeCRAZY

#5391900 - 12 years ago

the show is great, and i can't wait for their album. i often listen to the songs while busting out in games. i also love all the fucking cameos lol.

but yeah. the music is fucking great. i play the coffee song in my car

• Joshulus

Joshulus

#5392646 - 12 years ago

My brother introduced me to this show, and needless to say, I love it. It is many kinds of awesome, and an album would be treasured by me like some kind of holy relic.

• Cyrus_Ramses

Cyrus_Ramses

#5394012 - 12 years ago

In reply to Cloud, #6:

Fine. Love Fist anyone?

• Skathe_665

Skathe_665

#5394386 - 12 years ago

In reply to Joshulus, #12:

Yeah, but if an album were to be released and they delayed. People would start to kill themselves (reference to the second episode Dethwater).

• Joshulus

Joshulus

#5396665 - 12 years ago

In reply to jmthornsburg, #15:

Easy there guys. Why don't you calm down over a cup of Duncan Hills Coffee? smiley0.gif

• Skathe_665

Skathe_665

#5397809 - 12 years ago

In reply to Cyrus_Ramses, #13:

PERCY: At last man, time for a well earned drink.
    DICK: The venue's just a hundred yards down the road.
    PERCY: Better make it a large one then.

• ElfLuvGaddoo

ElfLuvGaddoo

#5401053 - 12 years ago

Watch the show, everytime the band is mentioned they are simply called Dethklok, is that proof enough for you?

• Vlad

Vlad

#5401963 - 12 years ago

myspace.com/brendonsmall

Go ask him.

• appledude212

appledude212

#5403550 - 12 years ago

Not once in the show has the name "Dethklok Metalocalypse" been mentioned. Just "Dethklok".

THEREFORE, THE BAND NAME IS DETHKLOK.

NOW SHUT UP ABOUT IT PLZKTHXBAI

• Vlad

Vlad

#5404187 - 12 years ago

small1_1133998700.jpg

Logo evidence for the win.

• CALLmeCRAZY

CALLmeCRAZY

#5404455 - 12 years ago

this picture reminds me how funny it is that pickles has a combover lol

• atwa320

atwa320

#5404557 - 12 years ago

In reply to CALLmeCRAZY, #27:

Why is that funny? Happens all the time with balding people

Pickles = Devin Townsend
    Devin Townsend = Serious Business
    Ergo, Pickles = Serious Business

• CALLmeCRAZY

CALLmeCRAZY

#5404613 - 12 years ago

it's funny cause it's dreds

• Joshulus

Joshulus

#5406000 - 12 years ago

In reply to atwa320, #28:

Amen to that.

And I think we've all clarified that the band's name is 'DETHKLOK', and the show is in fact, their 'METALOCALYPSE'.

I like spelling their name in capital letters, as it seems like I'm 'death growling' their name. Though if any grammar purists insist on me using one capital letter and the rest lowercase, I would be happy to oblige.

• appledude212

appledude212

#5409665 - 12 years ago

In reply to jmthornsburg, #31:

What does this have to do with the name of the band itself?

IT'S "DETHKLOK".

Nothing further.

• Skathe_665

Skathe_665

#5415611 - 12 years ago

Allright guys, calm down. Enough arguing about the band's name. We don't want this thread to take a turn to negativity.

• Joshulus

Joshulus

#6168962 - 12 years ago

Wow, nobody has posted here for a long time.

I just finished watching the Season 1 Finale (on Youtube. Australia isn't lucky enough to get 'DETHKLOK).

It is many kinds of EP1K, GR1M AND TR00, and makes me anticipate a Second Season even more.

• raisethyfist

raisethyfist

#6169138 - 12 years ago

In reply to Joshulus, #34:

I hope they make a Season 1 DVD and forgive my noobishness if they are and its old news and i just havent heard about it but as soon as they put one out I shall purchase...that is one of the only good shows left on Adult Swim.

Assy McGee has surprised me tho. Whats dumber than a walking/talking ass? But its surprisingly humorous. Maybe i'm just an idiot idk. Of course Robot Chicken is also gr8.

Yeah the Finale was as expected pretty kick-ass.

• MetalHair

MetalHair

#6170096 - 12 years ago

Planet Piss was fuckin awesome.