Forums > Music

What Instrument Do You Play?

Posts (1099)

• Smiller

Smiller

#17439953 - 4 years ago

I learned a little bit of the flute when I was in elementary school, but it never interested me as much. Drums interested me though because it was loud and it made me feel like I can be wild on them.

• Valecita

Valecita Hellcat

#17442364 - 4 years ago

Guitar, bass, drums and I sing. I play the bass in my band :D

• Nubbley

Nubbley

#17445013 - 4 years ago

I've been playing the guitar for about seven or eight years (both acoustic and electric), and I recently took up the bass a while ago which I love.

I also really want to take up the drums one day, but I'm sure the neighbors would be against it ._.

• MatsBG

MatsBG

#17445388 - 4 years ago

Been playing drums for a few years, not sure if I'm getting any better at it though smiley6.gif

• HowMad_Gladi

HowMad_Gladi

#17445473 - 4 years ago

In reply to MatsBG, #1090:

Are you having trouble learning anything specifically?

• LozBateman

LozBateman

#17447335 - 4 years ago

Guitar, bass, & piano off & on since I was a kid. I just play as a hobby.

• MatsBG

MatsBG

#17447462 - 4 years ago

In reply to AH_Gladi, #1091:

I'm mostly a metal drummer, but I'm playing in a band with musicians that have studied their instrument for years and who plays more technical genres like jazz and progressive music. Makes me feel like I'm kinda lagging behind :P

• AwildKyle

AwildKyle FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17449377 - 4 years ago

I've been playing percussion for about 7 years now. I focus in drum set though, my only passion besides video game!

• PlzCallMeGus

PlzCallMeGus

#17452615 - 4 years ago

I used to play the trumpet, tuba, baritone, and trombone.

• 8BitPunk

8BitPunk

#17455367 - 4 years ago

I used to take bass lessons around eight years ago and wondered why I ever stopped, so I got myself a bass last year and I've been self-teaching every day for the past few months, aiming to learn a new song every week in all different genres. Now I'm really wondering why I ever stopped because I'm having so much damn fun.

• AwildKyle

AwildKyle FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17455394 - 4 years ago

In reply to BITpunk, #1096:

Do you have a favorite genre?

• 8BitPunk

8BitPunk

#17455410 - 4 years ago

In reply to AwildKyle, #1097:

Been playing a lot of punk and rock stuff because I've only been playing for a few months and the basslines tend to be fairly straightforward, but I've been trying to branch out into more complex genres. Currently working on Jagerbomb by Crossfaith, the last song I learned (and most fun so far) was a song called Absolute Territory. Opinions may vary on the song itself but the bassline is really fun to play.

• Giries

Giries FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PA Guardian

#17455588 - 4 years ago

I play the violin. Favorite music to play is traditional Irish

• live2drumm

live2drumm

#17462214 - 4 years ago

I play the flute.

Just kidding I actually play drums, who'd have guessed?

• JunieWolf

JunieWolf

#17488074 - 4 years ago

I play Double Bass in an orchestra, Violin on my own time, and Bass guitar in a band

• CrispCocoa

CrispCocoa

#17500654 - 4 years ago

I've been playing primarily guitar for about 9 years, give or take. I've been expanding and trying new instruments, like the drums and stuff. A lot of the folk instruments as well (mandolin, banjo, those kinds of things..)

• Giries

Giries FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PA Guardian

#17500925 - 4 years ago

IIn reply to HawkHornet, #1103:

Would you be interested in recording music? You know, Ill ask the entire thread. Is anyone willing to record some music? Message me or post on the thread

• CrispCocoa

CrispCocoa

#17501967 - 4 years ago

In reply to Giries, #1104:

What kind of style did you have in mind for recording?

• Giries

#17501973 - 4 years ago

In reply to HawkHornet, #1105:

Irish, classical, and soundtracks from movies, shows, and games

• NaranjoHund

NaranjoHund

#33088076 - 3 years ago

I play guitar in a Punk band, and bass in a hard rock cover band. With the punk band we've recorded some stuff, but yes, we suck

• Holasatan

Holasatan

#33196295 - 3 years ago

Main instrument is bass, been a bassist in several UK metal bands in the last 3-4 years. Just started to learn the Baritone Horn for a change of timbre

• velvetdynamite

velvetdynamite FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33668145 - 1 year ago

Mostly guitar, bass and synth but I also work on the production, mixing and mastering side too. If it makes sound, Ill try it. I also write (music and lyrics) and try to sing from time to time.

• ItsKocot

ItsKocot FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Part-Time Human Being

#33696709 - 1 year ago

Well, by and large I'm a singer, and I've done essentially everything with that (choir, musical theatre, singer in two bands), but I also play guitar (personal enjoyment and solo artistry), harmonica (personal artistry and in both bands) and trombone (band back in high school). I also tend to pick up odd assorted instruments (ocarina, melodica, tin whistle,etc) and just fool around with them because it's fun.

• TheClarkeKnight

TheClarkeKnight FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33710592 - 1 year ago

I'm a bit awkward about playing live and playing with others so I took up enough instruments to make my own band. I play guitar, bass, drums and sing. I also write and produce the songs myself