Forums > Music

kpop

Posts (63)

• hajima

hajima

#10649725 - 10 years ago

anyone know any kpop singers?

we can discuss here :)

my favourites are DJ DOC, Nell, Seo Taji, Koyote, Ftts, Yoon Do Hyun, epik high.. lots more :P

maybe if you dont knw any kpop, how about jpop?

• hajima

hajima

#10963621 - 10 years ago

whoa failed thread. i wanna cry

• zeppchick

zeppchick

#10975156 - 10 years ago

well hello thar
    i like epik high, bi rain, big bang, 1TYM, DBSK, super junior, Lexy, fly to the sky, Wheesung, SE7EN, and many more :D

• zerocorp

zerocorp

#11401665 - 10 years ago

BROWN EYED GIIRLZ!!!
    Super Junior
    W.
    Jewelry...i think.

• nadz28

nadz28

#15538234 - 6 years ago

,.,i love orange caramel,ailee,ft.island,cn blue,btob,beast,infinite,super junior,shinee,2ne1,wonder girls,kara,t-ara,secret,two x,4 minute,a-jax,B.A.P,JJ project,boa,psy,big bang,bloc b,rania,jewelry,tvxq,G.na,SS501,a-pink,miss a,f(x),sunny hill,girls generation,boyfriend,tasty,2 pm,lee-hayi,2 am,ze:a,phantom,brown eyed girls,epik high,sistar,u-kiss,aoa,teen top,vixx,sol b,f.cuz,b1a4,dal shabet,girl's day,after school,nu'est,mblaq,juniel,hyun-a,exo-k,,.,etc.,

• InShadowsAPs

InShadowsAPs

#15573006 - 6 years ago

Kpop thread? Yes please! c:

Anyone wanna gush with me about B.A.P.?
    Because oh my gah...I love them so.
    I also like Block B, Big Bang, U-Kiss, Infinite, and more.

Seriously though...any other B.A.P. lovers?
    tumblr_mepk77mSWh1rfrjhuo1_500.gif

• nadz28

nadz28

#15573248 - 6 years ago

i ,love k-pop!!!!

• Ayailla

Ayailla

#15581276 - 6 years ago

Brown Eyed Girls are good. I like SHINee, mostly because I like to learn their dance routines. There's a new band that just came out called Ace of Angels who are really good. They actually play instruments.

• Megapieman

Megapieman

#15582866 - 6 years ago

Kpop is usually to peppy for my tastes, same with Jpop and any kind of pop music really.

• Uke

Uke

#15583162 - 6 years ago

Since this is a Kpop thread, could anyone please explain to me how you first came across the genre, what you like most about it, and maybe delve a bit deeper into why? I'm curious, I'd really like to know more about kpop, from an outside perspective.

• InShadowsAPs

InShadowsAPs

#15583716 - 6 years ago

In reply to Uke, #10:

I used to be pretty far into Jrock when my friend sent me a link to the MV of Fantastic Baby by Big Bang. It just sorta took off from there...kinda hard to explain. Outside of Kpop I'm a bit of a metal head which makes my love for such upbeat music kinda strange. Hard to say though but I think I'm just a sucker for music that makes me want to dance. Another thing is that in most cases, the lyrics to kpop have a lot more meaning than any American pop artists have ever put out.
    (bless you Uke for joining this thread)

• InShadowsAPs

InShadowsAPs

#15583718 - 6 years ago

In reply to Ayailla, #8:

Me and a few friends are leaning the dance to Sherlock to perform at our school's talent show c:
    I wanted to perform Lucifer but that's a little impossible for anyone whose not SHINee...freakin' dancing gods.

• Ayailla

Ayailla

#15583741 - 6 years ago

In reply to InShadowsAPs, #12:

Lucifer isn't actually that hard. It looks impossible, but when you go through it step by step, it's not so bad. There are various tutorials on youtube that can help, along with SHINee's actual practice video, which you can find slowed down and mirrored (if Taemin's shirt doesn't make you want to barf). I learned Lucifer, Juliette, and I learned Jonghyun's part of Sherlock. I love learning their dances. I still need to do Ring Ding Dong.

I also love BoA's dances. I've learned a fair few of hers. If SHINee are dancing Gods, BoA is the dancing Goddess. :)

• InShadowsAPs

InShadowsAPs

#15583864 - 6 years ago

In reply to Ayailla, #13:

Oh god Taemin's shirt! xD It's just those hand movements. I'm so derpy when it comes to something so specific like that. I'm leaning Jonghyun's part of Sherlock as well. I haven't seen much of BoA's stuff. But I'll take your word for it.

• Ayailla

Ayailla

#15584244 - 6 years ago

Look up Eat You Up by BoA. And Only One. :) She has a 'live' video where she does a dance duet with Taemin.

The reason I say 'live' is because she's miming, but that's because she likes to show the full dance routine to the fans when she first performs it and her routines can be pretty intense. After a couple of miming performances, she'll start to sing live.

• InShadowsAPs

InShadowsAPs

#15584293 - 6 years ago

In reply to Ayailla, #15:

The dancing in Eat You Up was definitely phenomenal. I watched the Only One live but with the Eunhyuk duet instead of Taemin, I couldn't resist Eunhyuk. Man, SM really has some fantastic dancers.

• Ayailla

Ayailla

#15584324 - 6 years ago

Yeah, they do, don't they?
    Eat you Up took me forever to learn. And I'm not even going to attempt Only One yet, simply because I don't have a friend to dance it with me. Haha.

• Uke

Uke

#15584383 - 6 years ago

In reply to InShadowsAPs, #11:

Huh. Interesting. Listened to a few of the recommendations above, and I have to say, I understand the appeal. It's just nice to hear more of the reason behind it; most of my friends who are really into Kpop never give me anything other than "Oh, they're soooo cute!" x)
    I have to admit, the fact that these artists dance definitely gives them more points in my book.

• Ayailla

Ayailla

#15584435 - 6 years ago

In reply to Uke, #18:

I think that the fact that they dance is why I like a lot of them. When I listen to the music, I picture the dances in my head. I actually prefer Rock music to Pop, and I don't listen to any American or English pop music, but J/K-pop appeals to the dancer in me.

• makkenji

makkenji

#15595054 - 6 years ago

SHINee, MBLAQ, and Super Junior are who I mostly listen to

• InShadowsAPs

InShadowsAPs

#15597191 - 6 years ago

In reply to makkenji, #20:

I only have a couple of MBLAQ songs, they just don't appeal to me very often. I only recently started liking SuJu. Me being the hipster that I am, I didn't like them for the longest time just because they were popular. Which was stupid because they're pretty good.

• Ayailla

Ayailla

#15604961 - 6 years ago

Just discovered Lee Hi, the runner up to SBS Kpop Idol. She is actually really good. If anybody is interested, search for the song 1,2,3,4 by her. She's only 16.

• robinerd

robinerd FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15612897 - 6 years ago

Yaaay, K-pop thread! I was a huge fan from 2009 - 2011, and then last year I kind of stopped listening to it, and now I'm getting back into it. With all these new rookie groups, though, I feel like I have no idea what anyone's talking about in the fandom anymore.
    In any case, I'm a big fan of Brown Eyed Girls, SHINee, Super Junior, Big Bang, BEAST, 4minute, and Sunny Hill. I've also been listening to Heaven by Ailee pretty much non-stop recently.

• Bstanful

Bstanful

#15725430 - 6 years ago

I'm not sure if this thread is dead or not but I am on Kpop kick right now. I have been listening to Beautiful Night by Beast a ton!

• InShadowsAPs

InShadowsAPs

#15726339 - 6 years ago

In reply to Bstanful, #24:

Ah, it's not dead yet just slooooow. Beast has gorgeous vocals!