Forums > Music

Music Help Thread

Posts (52)

• Frostitute

Frostitute

#10809651 - 10 years ago

Seeing as there were far too many stickies on the front page, I've decided to unsticky them and just have them as links here in order to reduce unecessary clutter from the front page. Any complaints about it? Feel free to inform me.

The Musician's Help Thread
    Official Band Name Recommendation Thread
    Help! What's the name of this band/song?
    Sale/Trade of Musical Equipment

You can use this thread to also discuss just general music help that doesn't fit in any of the above topics. Keep in mind that

THIS IS NOT A BAR!!!

Have fun and happy posting!

• The_Skald

The_Skald

#10842090 - 10 years ago

What's music?

• Simmons2pntO

Simmons2pntO

#10843363 - 10 years ago

Well I just wanted to see what everyone thinks of the new slipknot album. I noticed that every single thread about them was locked, and I really don't want to make a thread, so I'll ask it here. I guess people here don't like Slipknot too much.

So anyone's takes on the new Slipknot album All Hope is Gone?

• dragonbanez

dragonbanez

#10873638 - 10 years ago

In reply to Simmons2pntO, #3:

I think Slipknow is a pathetic excuse for a band.

• dragonbanez

dragonbanez

#10953269 - 10 years ago

Onto shit that doesn't suck:
    Anyone going to catch Dethklok on tour?

• thenoobthere

thenoobthere

#11133430 - 10 years ago

I haven't heard much of All Hope is Gone, just Psychosocial really. I'll go have a look now.

• thenoobthere

thenoobthere

#11133436 - 10 years ago

Meh, s'alright.

• PapaBrain

PapaBrain

#11303536 - 10 years ago

Hey, I've recently begun collecting vinyl records, but I've yet to purchase a turntable. The thing is, I know nothing about turntables... like at all.

Before you condemn me and call me a moron, I do want to learn... this isn't going to be something I do in passing, I want to continue this for the rest of my life.

Now that that's out of the way, I just need help looking for a turntable to buy. I don't know features I should be looking for. I don't want to get the whole USB/mp3 mess. I already have two record sizes, the standard LP size and the 10" EP size, and I will likely be obtaining some singles in the future. I do know that the turntable should have some way for me to change the settings so that the record plays correctly... and I know that there are multiple speeds at which you can play a record... but like I said, I don't know what features best suit these specifications.

If there are any vinyl/record aficionados out there, or if you just know enough to get by, any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Frostitute

Frostitute

#11304478 - 10 years ago

Most people (I know) nowadays obtain vinyls purely to collect them, not to play them.
    That's as much as I know on the subject, so don't feel bad about not being able to play them.

• Kingofgoons

Kingofgoons

#11390586 - 10 years ago

Hey on iTunes I wanted to by a song called vater unser by E nomine but it wasn't there. I changed my store thing at the bottom from USA to Deutschland and the song was there (its a german song), but I wasn't able to but it.

Is there anyway to buy that song on iTunes because I'm kinda stuck because file sharing sites are blocked when I use my college's internet and I don't think any store will have it.

• Frostitute

Frostitute

#11393351 - 10 years ago

In reply to Kingofgoons, #10:

Best bet is probably going to a music importer and ordering in the CD with it on it, or E Nomine's best of which has a long german name I can't remember.

• Kingofgoons

Kingofgoons

#11397010 - 10 years ago

Ok thanks for the help.

• Soulcleaver

Soulcleaver

#11866229 - 10 years ago

Idon't really know if this is THE place for it, but i've been thinking about buying a Laney amp and I'm doubting if I should buy TT50H or GH50L. I think GH50L is more hardrock-ish and more suitable for someone who plays leadguitar, but i'm not sure, I've never played one in real life. Then again, I'm used to multiple channels, while the GH50L only has one, while the TT50H has 3 channels, and Laney itself says that TT50H should be loud enough to do metal with it... But i'm still not sure.

Anybody help please?

• WhenIDie7

WhenIDie7

#11921778 - 10 years ago

I can't find the lyrics for Waking the Cadaver's "Shredded Wheat" <---not real title.

Can someone help me out?

• OroborosNZ

OroborosNZ Projector

#11925246 - 10 years ago

I make music occasionally. What's the most appropriate thread to use to tell people about it and where to get it?

• Suto_Griff

Suto_Griff

#12373361 - 10 years ago

Yo, is there an Eve 6 forum here in the music forums? I searched, but I tend to have trouble with it. Any help?

• klurejr

klurejr

#12830619 - 10 years ago

I am trying to find a thread for the band called Stick Figure, I have tried searching this forum a few times over the past week and each time the webpage crashes out. Anyone else able to search it? I don't want to start a new thread and get 5 replies telling me there is already a thread for it.

• Frostitute

Frostitute

#12831321 - 10 years ago

In reply to klurejr, #18:

Forum search has been a bit buggy lately and crashes for me too. However google search gives no results so I can assume there isn't an existing thread. So even if there is a thread already, feel free to make a new one.

• Wolfeman

Wolfeman

#13111890 - 9 years ago

I guess this is the right place to ask, but my computer needed wiped because virus' fucked it up, and I lost my iTunes library. I've heard you can download programs that allow you to put songs from your iPod onto your computer again, but I don't really trust what shows up in Google. Does anybody know any good ones, if there are any?

• Oddly_Casual_Goose

Oddly_Casual_Goose FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Deus Ex Hamburger

#13172346 - 9 years ago

Trying to find general info on this music video I saw years ago on TV. Was weird as hell on MTV I think in the 90's, had these two computer generated pixies or faeries (1 on guitar 1 singing) and Satan (goat version) on drums playing with hammers and fire in the background. Can't remember the band or the song, but hoped the uniqueness of this music video might spark someones memory.

• coxinator

coxinator

#13378340 - 9 years ago

Alright, so here's the deal. My friend and I are going to do some vocal recording for this competition to be in somebodies animation. And I have the hardware and she has the software. I was just curious if anybody has any tips for recording vocals. Thanks.

• NickSSummit

NickSSummit

#13432094 - 9 years ago

In reply to WhenIDie7, #14:

LMAO. I have my doubts that the lyrics are anything besides BREEEEEE and Shredded Wheat. The song name is "Chased through the woods by a rapist" by the way.

• goatsrule

goatsrule

#13449074 - 9 years ago

ok so this isnt really a music but im beginning to give up hope that I will ever find it. Its a music video released recently. Its made by a tv producer with really light colored hair. Its really epic i guess and theirs tons of special effects. Its not a signed artist and its more of a viral video then anything else.

• thetrilogy07

thetrilogy07 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#13670925 - 9 years ago

In reply to coxinator, #22:

I'm sure its to late but I'll respond any way.
    her are some tips
    1. use a large diaphragm condenser mic
    2. use a pop filter if you have one
    3. Try to use an isolated room like a closet covered in blankets or something
    4. you want to be within 6 inches of the mic when you are talking
    5. Input level is key
    in analog or digital you want to get the loudest levels possible with out clipping. I suggest using a compressor in line before you hit your recording tracks. If your using logic or pro tools use an aux track first then out put that track into your recording track. That why you can insert a compressor before you hit your main track.

if you need anything explained in more detail ask me, I love talking about audio stuff

• cprincipe

cprincipe

#13861450 - 9 years ago

Don't forget to move away from the mic when you breathe.