That is the full chorus.

What you heard is actually this though.

"Pull Harder on the String of your Martyr
    Stop you cry that's a lie"

• Princess

Princess

#11251929 - 10 years ago

In reply to Negadeth, #16:

Look up the real lyrics and listen to the song, it serisouly sounds way more like that interpretation.

• FatallyYours

FatallyYours

#11254558 - 10 years ago

Crap, I screw up lyrics all the time. Now the one time it counts I can't remember any of them.

Though I do know one about my mom. When she was younger she used to think during the J. Geils Band song Freeze Frame they were saying g-string.

• bexatron

bexatron

#11254670 - 10 years ago

From Black No.1 by Type O Negative

Real lyric: You can't go out 'cause your roots are showing

What I heard: You can't go out 'cause your boobs are showing

....mind you, I was probably about 6 or 7 when I first heard that, because my older sister listened to them. And I could not for the life of me figure out why anyone would dye their boobs black, and why that would solve anything. XD

Post edited 10/08/08 11:50PM

• DeadParrot

DeadParrot

#11254734 - 10 years ago

In reply to DSchneider, #8:

Real lyric:
    "Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night" (Manfred Mann's Earth Band, "Blinded By the Light")

Heard lyric:
    "Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a douche, another boner in the night"

also, as an interesting note of trivia, bruce springsteen was apparently angry at how much it sounded like they said "douche" in manfred mann's cover of the song.

• Nina_Z

Nina_Z

#11255765 - 10 years ago

that stupid disturbia song by rihanna or whatever its called. i thought the course said "lets turn it up" but it actually just saying "disturbia". lol and also bruce strinsteen, dancing in the dark "this loves for, even if its just a hand job in the park" instead of "even if its just dancing in the dark."

on this Australian tv game show called Spicks and Specks, there is a game where the celebrities have to guess what the misheard lyrics are and some of them are crackers.

• Nina_Z

Nina_Z

#11255767 - 10 years ago

that stupid disturbia song by rihanna or whatever its called. i thought the course said "lets turn it up" but it actually just saying "disturbia". lol and also bruce strinsteen, dancing in the dark "this loves for, even if its just a hand job in the park" instead of "even if its just dancing in the dark."

on this Australian tv game show called Spicks and Specks, there is a game where the celebrities have to guess what the misheard lyrics are and some of them are crackers.

• Nina_Z

Nina_Z

#11255769 - 10 years ago

• Nina_Z

Nina_Z

#11255770 - 10 years ago

• Nina_Z

Nina_Z

#11255771 - 10 years ago

• Nina_Z

Nina_Z

#11255774 - 10 years ago

• Nina_Z

Nina_Z

#11255777 - 10 years ago

• Nina_Z

Nina_Z

#11255779 - 10 years ago

• Nina_Z

Nina_Z

#11255780 - 10 years ago

• Rowen

Rowen

#11255791 - 10 years ago

i think you should've posted that again

• Salohcin

Salohcin

#11257650 - 10 years ago

"Tiny Dancer" - Elton John

Real:
    Count the headlights on the highway

Hear:
    Count the head lice on the highway

• Rowen

Rowen

#11258125 - 10 years ago

Gojira - "Global Warming"

Real:
    We can see our children growing.

What I heard:
    We can see your children drowning.

• Negadeth

Negadeth

#11258900 - 10 years ago

In reply to Rowen, #42:

I'm actually surprised that it's not the misheard lyric.

• CountCaboose

CountCaboose

#11262119 - 10 years ago

Real: Hang on sloopy sloopy hang on

Heard: Hey ho stupid stupid hang oh.

Elton John-" Benny and the jets" (All the lyrics are misheard. I'll just post one)

Real: A mohair suit

Heard: I'm on her soon.

Post edited 10/09/08 8:15PM

• Vlad

Vlad

#11263164 - 10 years ago

In reply to Salohcin, #41:

I've always heard "Hold me closer, Tony Danza"

• Vlad

Vlad

#11263442 - 10 years ago

In reply to Alsace, #46:

Phoebe?

• Salohcin

Salohcin

#11264042 - 10 years ago

Here is a good one that I found in my search for the actually lyrics before I remembered I have the CD with the booklet that has the lyrics (go figure)
    Static-X - "The Only" (it is a vid with lyrics and they are correct , at least in the part that I am writing which occurs at about 0:56)

Actual Lyrics:
    Identity, fantasy, heresy, killing me, lower than lower, before this thing to feed

Heard Lyrics (by others):
    Identity, fantasy, heresy, killing me, lower than lower, before this thing's got me
    and my personal favorite
    Identity, fantasy, heresy, killing me, lower than lower, before this faintathy

What the hell is a Faintathy?

• Becca

Becca FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RT Torturer

#11264579 - 10 years ago

In reply to FinchLynch, #23:

I think Stephin Merritt wanted to fuck that guy. He was also in the video for With Whom To Dance (http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/TheMagneticFields/With-Whom-To-Dance--2144338) and on the cover of Get Lost:

getlost_large.jpg

I have to admit, he is classically beautiful.

I don't know what's up with the boobs, though. It was 1992. Shit was crazy!

• FatallyYours

FatallyYours

#11268440 - 10 years ago

everybody has probably seen this but just thought I would put it out there just in case

• CountCaboose

CountCaboose

#11268476 - 10 years ago

Lyrics: No one knows what it's like to be the bad man...

Heard: BAWWWWWWW