Forums > Music

Across The Sun

Posts (20)

• THE_MIDGET

THE_MIDGET FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#12556762 - 10 years ago

Good band

native to Portland, Oregon, these guys rock. They are like a mix of Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage. Using Randy Blythe of LoG's screaming style, and Howard of KSE's clean vocals, they make a great mix. every now and then you can hear a little Fear Factory influence in them as well.

These guys are cool as hell and both of their EP's are worth the $10

www.myspace.com/acrossthesun

• THE_MIDGET

THE_MIDGET FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#12908478 - 10 years ago

*bump*

• krazie836

krazie836

#13558481 - 9 years ago

thanks from what I've listened to these guys are pretty good.

• Frostitute

Frostitute

#13559130 - 9 years ago

Fuck this is terrible.

• Frostitute

Frostitute

#13559135 - 9 years ago

I mean seriously, I can't wait until bands find another album that isn't Slaughter of the Soul to steal from.

• THE_MIDGET

#13559970 - 9 years ago

In reply to krazie836, #3:

thanks, these guys are pretty cool to talk to too.

i kinda find it funny that this topic has been here almost a full year and all of the replies have been in one day?

and yeah, frostitude, they arent the absolute best, but thats the great thing about music, everyone's taste is different.

• Frostitute

Frostitute

#13560025 - 9 years ago

There's having a different taste, then there's sounding exactly like At The Gates.

• THE_MIDGET

#13560054 - 9 years ago

ive never heard At The Gates

or heard of them either

Post edited 2/01/10 10:22PM

• Frostitute

Frostitute

#13560144 - 9 years ago

In reply to THE_MIDGET, #8:

Haha, wow, seriously?
    Fucking, wow.
    Wow.
    Holy shit.
    Jesus christ.
    Wow.

Man, just change your title right now then.

• meeeetch

meeeetch

#13560188 - 9 years ago

one of the most well known bands in the melodic death movement

never heard of them

metalislife

herpaderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• THE_MIDGET

#13560207 - 9 years ago

im not a big fan of death metal.

i stick more towards groove and the new wave of american heavy metal.

like i said, to each their own.

• Frostitute

Frostitute

#13560219 - 9 years ago

In reply to THE_MIDGET, #11:

new wave of american heavy metal.

God damn I hate that term and want to punch whoever thought of it in the face.
    Gothenburg Wannabe's is a more applicable term.

• meeeetch

meeeetch

#13560227 - 9 years ago

don't like melo death but I'll get a melo death band tattoo on my arm sup.

"groove" and "new wave of american heavy metal" aren't genres.

like i said, to each their own.

• THE_MIDGET

#13560236 - 9 years ago

meh, whatever, im not gonna argue over this.

you "purists" are one thing i definitely hate about the music that i love, ill just leave it at that

EDIT: also, i got the tattoo because they are good friends of mine, and their music got me through a tough time when all i needed to vent my frustrations was some good heavy shit. sure, back then i wasnt into quite as heavy shit as i am now, but their older stuff was just what the doctor ordered.

quite honestly, i think if someone can find a deeper connection with a bands music than it just being something to listen to, then i believe that band has done something quite right. and the great thing about that is, that connection doesnt have to be shared by all, we all view and hear it differently, and you know, i quite honestly dont give a shit if you think they sound like shit. this band sounds great to me, and thats something you or anyone but the band themselves is gonna be able to take away from me. i hate that lady gaga shit, but you know, her music is the absolute shit in someones eyes, and more power to them.

Post edited 2/01/10 11:25PM

• Frostitute

Frostitute

#13560242 - 9 years ago

I'm not a purist, I just know my shit.

• meeeetch

meeeetch

#13560245 - 9 years ago

I don't think you even know what that word means.

• meeeetch

meeeetch

#13560248 - 9 years ago

In reply to Frostitute, #15:

hey guy, because you know what genres of metal there are and what bands have influenced the scene for years to come you don't like any of the music you like.

• Frostitute

Frostitute

#13560382 - 9 years ago

I'm a terrible person Mitch.

• THE_MIDGET

#13560409 - 9 years ago

not at all, you're just expressing your opinion.

• appledude212

appledude212

#13560442 - 9 years ago

hahaohwow