Forums > Music

Thoughts on Childish Gambino

Posts (22)

• TPro

TPro

#15163035 - 7 years ago

I can't believe Donald Glover is Childish Gambino. But there's a part of me that is always expecting a laugh track in his music. I see him more as a comedian than musician. Are there any songs I should listen to, to get a better idea of his music?

• TPro

TPro

#15163119 - 7 years ago

In reply to ErickK, #2:

I still haven't heard much. I hear good things from my friends but I don't know what his good songs are to start off with. "Heartbeat" huh? I'll check it out. I've only heard "Freaks and Geeks" so far and I thought that was awesome.

• ManiacMidget

ManiacMidget

#15183773 - 7 years ago

I think he's got a whole album on Spotify. You should listen to him there. I don't usually care for rap but he's pretty clever in his rhymes.

• BalletFriday

BalletFriday

#15190150 - 7 years ago

He's doing a show on my campus next Monday. I'm going because I got a free ticket but I don't really have any strong feelings other than I love him on Community and Derrick Comedy.
    I'll let you guys know how he is live!

• TPro

TPro

#15190202 - 7 years ago

In reply to BalletFriday, #5:

Please do! I loved him from Derrick Comedy.

• Roskoloch

Roskoloch

#15198944 - 7 years ago

Im a little late on this thread but if you haven't heard it listen to freaks and geeks, in my opinion it's his best.

• TPro

TPro

#15198959 - 7 years ago

In reply to Roskoloch, #7:

THE BEST!! I was just listening to it today! haha

• BalletFriday

BalletFriday

#15198988 - 7 years ago

HOLY SHIT!
    Just got back from the concert! I was about 6 or seven lines of bodies from the front and stood in the pouring rain for 2 hours, but Childish was easily the best concert I've ever been to!
    Crazy Energy, the crowd loved it, and I had the time of my life.
    I casually enjoyed his music before this concert but I have to say that I'll be a much more devout fan now that I've seen him live.
    If you ever have the chance, make sure you check him out, it'll be totally worth it!**

(**I am, however, 6ft 2in and so I am able to see alot more than other people, and his presence and movement is a huge part of what make his concert so exciting, so try and get to the front if you're not as altitudely endowed)
    (* also, pro-tip, he heavily favors down-stage left, aka your right if you're looking at the stage, so try and get on that side...)

• BalletFriday

BalletFriday

#15199026 - 7 years ago

s1n7mf.jpg

Crappy Pic from the Concert Earlier!

• Roskoloch

Roskoloch

#15199081 - 7 years ago

In reply to BalletFriday, #10:

Dude thats awesome, im going to a concert later this summer, now im excited.

• ManiacMidget

ManiacMidget

#15199728 - 7 years ago

Ooo I wonder if he's coming to Denver..

• BalletFriday

BalletFriday

#15199856 - 7 years ago

In reply to ManiacMidget, #12:

Yes! His tour schedule shows he's in Denver on June 5th!

• Pherby

Pherby

#15200688 - 7 years ago

Heartbeat is fucking catchy. I saw it on [V] and thought it was cool he was in a music video, then it dawned on me was was preforming it too.

• ManiacMidget

ManiacMidget

#15201742 - 7 years ago

In reply to BalletFriday, #13:

Do you happen to know what venue he'll be playing at?

I realize I could just look this all up on my own with the power of the interwebs but I don't mind engaging in conversation. smiley7.gif

• BalletFriday

BalletFriday

#15201824 - 7 years ago

Best guess?

oB1CJ.jpg

Right here.

• BalletFriday

BalletFriday

#15201845 - 7 years ago

Turns out that lake my be called Ogden Theater and tickets should cost about $35.00 through the official website. Checked several other sites and they were all more expensive.

Would you like me to move across country and drive you to and from the show as well?
    I wouldn't want you to have to arrange transportation for yourself or anything...

Heck, I might as well just get myself a ticket and go so that you can just sit on my shoulders the entire time seeing as your screenname indicates you're altitudely challenged.

Anything else I can do to make your life easier?

smiley4.gif

• ManiacMidget

ManiacMidget

#15202206 - 7 years ago

Haha thanks. I think the Odgen Theatre is somewhere downtown.

I could really use a donut right now smiley0.gif

• BalletFriday

BalletFriday

#15203215 - 7 years ago

In reply to ManiacMidget, #18:

rvb.wikia.com/wiki/Franklin_Delano_Donut

• ManiacMidget

ManiacMidget

#15203237 - 7 years ago

In reply to BalletFriday, #19:

Clever girl >.>

• J3sster

J3sster

#15207176 - 7 years ago

His first official album is called Camp and it's been out for a while now. I've been loving the shit out of it. Bonfire, Backpackers and That Power are probably my favourite on there. I know what you mean about not really being able to take him serious, though. I think no one did. But if you'd listen to him for a while, you'll realize there's nothing comedic about this.

Also, did anyone else get some chills during his closing monologue? That was just brilliant.

• tamablespider

tamablespider

#15380357 - 6 years ago

In reply to J3sster, #21:

that monologue... one of the greatest stories i've heard. just something about it that is touching and thought provoking. great album.

does anyone know a place to get his other EPs? i've got Royalty and Camp albums but i keep finding all these other songs form other EPs he has done. "eat your vegetables" "Do ya like" "put it in my video" and my favorite "untouchable"

• alejansolo

alejansolo

#15383357 - 6 years ago

In reply to tamablespide, #22:

You used to be able to get his work from IAMDONALD, but I don't think it'll be up for other reasons outside of Royalty for awhile. My best guess would be to try out either datpiff.com or 2dopeboys.com. If not those Mediafire may have it but you know how the government's been on those kind of websites. Anyway, hope you can find it! :)