Forums > Music

Anyone else like every type of music?

Posts (16)

• jdog90000

jdog90000

#15277386 - 7 years ago

It's weird, I literally have no problem with any types of music... except country music that is xD

Here's a short list of artists I listen to regularly in no particular order:

Eminem, My Chemical Romance, Taio Cruz, Marianas Trench, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Disturbed, Alex Goot, Linkin Park, Maroon 5, Paramore, Three Days Grace, D.R.U.G.S., Slipknot, Blink - 182, Joe Satriani, Rascal Flatts, Shinedown, All American Rejects, Bon Jovi, Breaking Benjamin, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Fray, Apocalyptica, The Hoosiers, Skrillex, Rise Against, Terrible Things, Thousand Foot Krutch, Van Halen, The Wanted.

I tried to give a fair sampling of the different types of music xD My friends are very strange about their music, they like one type and everything else is terrible. I just happen to not have a favorite genre of music, anyone else like that?

• Bearistic

Bearistic

#15278959 - 7 years ago

Drugs is awesome, saw them live a year back. Too bad the band is over now D;

I dislike some things, dubstep for the most part, country, jazz, almost all rap, and all pop.
    I prefer punk and metal(death, heavy, speed, black etc etc) over just about everything. I do like EDM music as well(hardstyle, woot)

• kamberlin22

kamberlin22

#15279173 - 7 years ago

In reply to jdog90000, #1:

I can relate. My favorite songs come from various artists (Adele, Flo Rida, Tom Petty, Stars, Usher, Woodkid, Traphik, Girl Talk, Jessie J, AWOLNATION, Beyonce, Johnny Cash, Van Helen, Maxwell, Outkast, Taylor Swift, Linkin Park..well, you get my point). I find that I don't have a favorite genre or that I'm a hardcore fan of one particular group/artist, but rather I like the song because I like the song (whether country, soul, punk, rock, etc.).

• MonstahSlayah

MonstahSlayah

#15306800 - 7 years ago

My "Recently Played" playlist is a fine example of this;
    She & Him, Fiona Apple, Lana Del Rey, Dethklok, Grails, Scott Joplin, Devin Townsend, Faith No More, Joanna Newsom, Van Der Graaf Generator, Skrillex, Chris Isaak, King Crimson, Lily Allen, David Bowie, Sleigh Bells, Daft Punk, My Bloody Valentine, Cat Stevens, Happyland, Mozart, The Runaways, Frank Black, Imelda May, Eminem, Puscifer, Muse, Tom Jones, The Great Society, the Smashing Pumpkins, Miike Snow, Grouplove, Tchaikovsky.

I'll pretty much listen to anything and decide whether or not I like it based on it's own merits and not whether I've liked previous things I've heard in it's genre.

• Kaoru27Umi

Kaoru27Umi Princess of Mars

#15307182 - 7 years ago

IF it is music that has real talent shining through, I like it. So it doesn't matter what type of genre it is smiley0.gif

• Oliphant

Oliphant

#15308318 - 7 years ago

i can listen to literally any type of music and enjoy it. except hardcore. for whatever reason, the sounds of death don't appeal to me.

but yeah, as far as favorites go, it would be 1) Indie 2) christian music (in all different genres; rap, rock, but not hardcore [if that exists]) 3) Acoustic stuff. not necessarily indie, but just a guitar and maybe some drums 4) electronic (like some dubstep or dance music) 5) everything else 6) hardcore

• Jakey

Jakey

#15310278 - 7 years ago

I don't fancy Heavy Metal or Country. Screamo can be debatable. Everything else seems fine.

• Origami

Origami

#15333339 - 6 years ago

There are certain genres I prefer listening to over others, but in general if something is really good, I will be able to at least appreciate it.

• itisntdanny

itisntdanny

#15336659 - 6 years ago

I can't stand gospel

• Xiidon

Xiidon

#15337657 - 6 years ago

I like (or can at least tolerate) something from every genre, but I do not like everything in every genre.

• FreshKickz

FreshKickz

#15337969 - 6 years ago

it's fuckin "funny" when people come into this thread knowing that they listen to every type of music genre except one

~Fresh

• LewisSO

LewisSO LewisSO

#15345062 - 6 years ago

I'll listen to anything really, if you saw my last.fm you would think I listened to mainstream artists or only what's popular at the moment. It's mainly because all the smaller bands can release stuff but it takes MUCH more time...

• itsmurphy

itsmurphy

#15355355 - 6 years ago

I'll listen to anything but only really like music I can dance to, or well try to at least.

• sdog180

sdog180

#15356940 - 6 years ago

I'm open to almost everything, except for some country and christian rockish music (not cartman's though).

• hayseekah

hayseekah

#15358094 - 6 years ago

I'll listen to anything as long as it sounds good. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Ray Lynch(ambient/new age), The Antlers(indie rock), George Michael(don't hate), and a shit ton of dubstep.

• Warre

Warre

#15364219 - 6 years ago

I also like every kind of music, but not everything people listen to is what I call music