Forums > Music

To any guitar players out there!

Posts (143)

• Godzi92

Godzi92 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15373139 - 6 years ago

I love to play blues music, so I am a big fan of the Les Paul style of guitar.

• MrJadded

MrJadded

#15373253 - 6 years ago

A washburn with a cracked mirror finish would have to be my preferred instrument of choice... except I don't have one. oh well, i guess a cort zenon will have to do. ill play anything by Avenged Sevenfoldl, but I do enjoy the occasional country classic.

• EuanMcG

EuanMcG

#15375235 - 6 years ago

Everything and anything, I've been really interested in game themes recently though.

And when it comes to guitars, Gibson SG's are my favourite.

• Shanerbaner

Shanerbaner FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15382941 - 6 years ago

I really like to play rock and metal, but I usually will play anything that sounds good to me.

But for guitar, I really enjoy the Gibson Explorer. I've always liked the way they look, and they sound beautiful. I also like Schecters. I currently own a C1 Hellraiser, it doesn't have the Floyd Rose tremelo bridge, but it does have the EMG 81/89 humbuckers, and it also has a black cherry color on the body, I named her Scarlet. smiley0.gif

• Shanerbaner

Shanerbaner FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15383116 - 6 years ago

In reply to TheDeadMagne, #7:

They really are. I hope that someday I'll be able to own one, preferably the Dethklok Thunderhorse

dethklok.jpg

It's...so...*sniffle*..beautiful

• DeathBat6661

DeathBat6661 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15384164 - 6 years ago

In reply to TheDeadMagne, #1:

No, no one else on this site plays guitar. Sorry, couldn't resist the strange way you worded that. I have played guitar for just over 2 years, I started out with a little Ibanez Geo, but I then got an Ibanez Talman acoustic, and then an ESP LTD f-50. I hope to buy a new guitar, preferably Schecter's Damien Riot Model, but I cannot find a place that sells them.
    Also, A right handed Zacky Vengeance black 6661 guitar by Schecter is my dream guitar.
    I play alot of rock, heavy metal but I will play almost anything on my acoustic, from Taylor Swift to Pink Floyd.

Post edited 8/26/12 3:19PM

• MrGrieves

MrGrieves

#15384365 - 6 years ago

I've been playing for 7 years, my favourite styles are punk/ska/rock/some blues and jazz. My dream guitar is a Gretsch White Falcon, I currently have an LTD Viper 1000 which I like very much, but the EMGs are a little too bassy for the kind of music I like to play, especially ska.

• davescotts

davescotts

#15425699 - 6 years ago

I've been playing for just over two years I play alot of punk folk folk punk rock. I own an ESP LTD AC-10e acoustic electric and a Teisco Del Ray 4 solid body electric

• Shanerbaner

#15425702 - 6 years ago

In reply to davescotts, #13:

Nice gear man!

• davescotts

davescotts

#15425714 - 6 years ago

In reply to Shanerbaner, #14:

Thanks man.

• DeathBat6661

DeathBat6661 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15425943 - 6 years ago

I just got an ESP ltd EC 1000 with EMG pick-ups, matte black and gold trim. Locking tuners are the best thing ever.

• MrGrieves

MrGrieves

#15427986 - 6 years ago

In reply to DeathBat6661, #16:

I just got an ESP ltd EC 1000 with EMG pick-ups, matte black and gold trim. Locking tuners are the best thing ever.

Fuck yeah locking tuners! Haven't had to retune in weeks.

• DeathBat6661

#15433532 - 6 years ago

In reply to TheDeadMagne, #18:

Nah, dude, when I started out, I had a little crappy Ibanez gio and like a 20 $ amp, barely enough money for strings, and couldn't afford lessons, so I had to teach myself. A bunch of people start off with small gear, you gotta work your way up. Even Kirk Hammett worked at burgerking for a few years so he could buy a guitar.

• davescotts

davescotts

#15433975 - 6 years ago

I am thinking about getting a Telecaster but i can't decide between the blacktop or the modern player any suggestions

• cdrepoman91

cdrepoman91

#15435101 - 6 years ago

I love playing punk music. I was so happy when i finally bought my distortion pedal because i was able to just beat the hell out of my guitar and it had the best sound ever. Punk is my favorite style of music to play just because of the raw sound you produce. It sounds so gritty but it is my favorite style of music to play. Although, recently i have been listening to more shoegaze which makes me want to try out different effect pedals and the wammy bar style.

• Keegan

Keegan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RT Georgia Admin

#15439762 - 6 years ago

I play mostly acoustic. I like a punk/ska/reggae feel in my music. I like to tune down my guitar by a half-step, it makes anything sound awesome.

• Contz8

Contz8 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15488563 - 6 years ago

I definitely agree with your call on the Strats TheDeadMagne that's why i went for one. However, the Tele twang is a beautiful thing :)

• Mel0

Mel0

#15513469 - 6 years ago

hey dudes, I'm pretty new here. I play in a post-rock band but I listen to metal most often. I'm a big fan of Ibanez guitars but this is my favourite at this time. It's a Daemoness custom, jizzzz

IMG_3626.jpg