Forums > Music

To any guitar players out there!

Posts (143)

• psychoraiden

psychoraiden

#15517198 - 6 years ago

i own 2 guitars but i mainly play Bass nowadays i was never very good at guitar even after 4 years of playing. but after 3 months of playing bass i became very good.

• TheWickerMan

TheWickerMan

#15517845 - 6 years ago

I love stratocasters and Agile guitars. Big fan of 7 strings as well

I mainly play death metal.

• Makster

Makster

#15518921 - 6 years ago

Back when I was in a band I played a friends SG but I never liked the neck heavy weight it had so I got myself a Tokai Love Rock Les Paul and I fell in love. So much in love that I don't play it unless it was band practise or a gig as I didn't want it to degrade due to wear and tear.

I think overall I have the best feel for a fender stratacaster shape. It's just got that feeling that makes it really accessible to play sitting down and standing up. For my next guitar I'd like to try my hand at a telecaster or maybe a really nice electric-acoustic.

• DrQ

DrQ

#15521606 - 6 years ago

I'm a big fan of Jazzmasters/Jaguars, teles, Gibson hollowbodies (ES-335) and I tend to play somewhere between shoegaze and blues. Which is a lot of things.

• Mel0

Mel0

#15522102 - 6 years ago

In reply to BloodHawk97, #38:

It's not mine, just to be clear. I'd give my right nut for it, it's Misha Mansoor's from Periphery. If you don't know Periphery, definitely check them out, their songs are one big epic riff and one of their biggest influences is Nobuo Uematsu who composed most of the Final Fantasy stuff. They're all big gamers as well.

• DeathBat6661

DeathBat6661 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15522461 - 6 years ago

In reply to Mel0, #43:

Love Periphery. I play an ESP LTD EC: 1000. Love that guitar, EMG's and an ebony fretboard... Killer.

• BigLewza

BigLewza FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15526895 - 6 years ago

im a huge fan of rock n roll, i can leave metal at the door. Nothing appeals to me like good old fashioned rock. I play a Gibson les paul custom, acoustic wise i have a martin d28. Sometimes people give you a funny look in the club circuit when you rock guitars that are expensive like that but i've been playing for 11 years and i worked my ass off to buy the guitars i wanted so hey! If i want to wreck my les paul gigging in dingy clubs i will

• DanLando

DanLando FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15529840 - 6 years ago

Been playing guitar for 5 years, and I honestly play anything from rock to prog to metal but lately been on a blues binge. My guitar is a Sterling Musicman JP100D and my amp is an Orange Dark Terror through a 1x12 Mesa Rectifier Cab. Sounds killer!

• skaterd1

skaterd1

#15530980 - 6 years ago

I have two. My main is an Ibanez SA120 and my secondary is a Squier Telecaster Deluxe. The amp being used is a Line 6 Spider IV 15 watt with a few pedals such as a Crybaby Wah, Digitech Death Metal and a BOSS TU-3.

• IncognitoMan

IncognitoMan

#15547704 - 6 years ago

I usually flip between Gibson Les Paul and Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 guitars, I have the great pleasure and honor of owning both.

I love Firebirds as well.

I play a lot of rock and some hard rock/metal stuff, but after years of playing those genres I've started playing songs with no guitar in them in the first place, Lady GaGa for example is a really interesting take on trying to make your electric guitar sound like a synth with octave, fuzz and delay pedals, while playing with a very percussive style of playing and doubling the vocal lines.

Since there are obviously few very if any tabs for songs that don't have guitar in them, I have to figure out the stuff by ear, which is always fun. smiley0.gif

• Bears_Galore

Bears_Galore

#15569914 - 6 years ago

I play a somewhat wide range of styles, usually post-punk based. I love using the delay pedal I have; you can get some seriously ethereal sounds to come out of that thing.

• MarcDeb

MarcDeb

#15596709 - 6 years ago

I like to play Thrash, and I've only ever played a piece of shit Squier-Strat that I put an EMG into, but since I'm not really a competent player, and I'm not getting better, I don't really upgrade. I've actually downgraded in amplifiers for that reason. I just play for fun, or when I'm bored. It's more of a hobby than anything else even though I wish I were better. There's just the point of no progression when you are completely self-taught and can't read music, and I'm at the point. It's sad to say I've been playing for about 8 or 9 years now.

However, I have taught 2 people to play and they've gone on to be really fuckin' good players and I'm proud of that! :)

Edit: I think I painted a really shitty picture of my abilities there, so I wanted to say, its not like I'm complete poo. I mean after 9 years I'm pretty practiced and well versed in my instrument, and I can play well I'm just not getting any better, is probably what I should have said. I'm definitely better than any beginner, and I would probably say I'm a moderate or slightly above average player. And my guitar has served me well for these 9 years, so its not a complete dump.

I don't only play thrash, I like all kinds of metal, and rock, and I play the blues when I'm in a particular kind of mood.

Post edited 1/12/13 12:49AM

• et_moo

et_moo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15602211 - 6 years ago

Coming from someone who sang (often) before I played the guitar, I guess I play a little bit of everything, mainly things that I like to sing with as well. Music ranges from anything to everything, really. I stick to the acoustic unplugged sound for that reason, though I hope to stretch out of my comfort zone with some jazz and blues. Fairly new to the guitar, barely got my first one a few months ago. A big baby Taylor. I personally like how Fender's Strats sound too.

• Lt_large

Lt_large FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15605234 - 6 years ago

Can play alot of different things (currently play drums in a funk band.)

Guitar wise i play mostly anything, Got different guitars for different styles. been playing for around 4 years.

Currently Own:
    Ibanez Iceman ICT700
    Tokai 1984 Breezysound Telecaster
    Schecter Omen FR

Iceman was always one of my favourites.
    Also gaining quite a collection of pedals.

• Clarkemenson

Clarkemenson

#15614389 - 6 years ago

I love Ibanez so much, their artcore range would have to be my absolute favourite. My favourite styles to play would be jazz, blues, alternative and hardcore, though if I had the choice of playing older styles like the 60s bands The Velvet Underground or The Doors. :)

• Clarkemenson

Clarkemenson

#15615787 - 6 years ago

In reply to TheDeadMagne, #57:

I have to say, for such amazing styles of music, they're so underrated these days.

• RosscoCreed

RosscoCreed FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15620309 - 6 years ago

I used to play mostly metal but these says I play more blues and funk kinda stuff. Hopefully getting this bad boy for my 18th in May: www.thomann.de/ie/fender_60s_classic_player_...

• Clarkemenson

Clarkemenson

#15620731 - 6 years ago

In reply to TheDeadMagne, #60:

I love Frank Sinatra and Bobby Darin, I could and sit and listen to them all day, jamming along with my guitar or bass. :) It sucks because a lot of my friends don't listen to older music, but it's good that there is always someone online that appreciates that kind of music. :)

• collinnator5

collinnator5 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15620883 - 6 years ago

In reply to TheDeadMagne, #1:

Playing guitar is half my life! The other half Xbox of course. My main guitar is my s101 les Paul. It's damn near a Gibson but minor differences. It has a real deep sound too. Also have a jbp acoustic, an Ibanez, and a fender. I've been playing for 3 years. I'm alright I guess. Getting better everyday! I play anything from punk to metal. Currently in a band with no singer :/ it's hard to find one!

• collinnator5

collinnator5 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15620886 - 6 years ago

In reply to TheDeadMagne, #1:

Playing guitar is half my life! The other half Xbox of course. My main guitar is my s101 les Paul. It's damn near a Gibson but minor differences. It has a real deep sound too. Also have a jbp acoustic, an Ibanez, and a fender. I've been playing for 3 years. I'm alright I guess. Getting better everyday! I play anything from punk to metal. Currently in a band with no singer :/ it's hard to find one!

• Firearrow5235

Firearrow5235 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Web Developer

#15635932 - 6 years ago

Absolutely love guitar. Used to play A LOT of Rush but now I'm working on learning some Joe Satriani. I play a Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 SE on a Vox Tonelab LE multi-effects pedal through an Ibanez bass amp (borrowing from a friend).

• MrConall

MrConall

#15636138 - 6 years ago

I play blues and classic rock and a bit of metal or whatever I'm in the mood for.
    I use a les paul but I really want to get a nice strat and a new gibson someday.

• Clarkemenson

Clarkemenson

#15637188 - 6 years ago

I guess I've changed lately, and been really into learning finger style, such a challenging but beautiful style.