Forums > Music

To any guitar players out there!

Posts (143)

• Ryjongle

Ryjongle

#15733288 - 6 years ago

I play a lot of punk, its almost always easy and its probably my favorite genre of rock. I like ESP

• GeorgeOgle

GeorgeOgle

#15737610 - 6 years ago

I play a lot of pop punk type stuff, along with the music grade exams I'm doing at the moment for Grade 8. Been playing just over 2 years. My favourite guitar's the Ibanez Roadcore RC320, my favourite guitarist uses it and I own it as well, so beautiful :3

Roadcore-RC320.jpg

• FunnyOrifice

FunnyOrifice

#15760825 - 6 years ago

Where to begin!
    I know a lot of people say this, but I really do enjoy listening to a wide variety of music, and playing a wide variety on guitar.
    It really depends on the guitar I am playing, but let me try to break down what I like to play and what guitars I have:

My Acoustic - A Martin DM (just the basic Acoustic dreadnaught model)
    Martin%20DM.jpg

When I play my acoustic I really make use of my Capo and play with a lot of under/overtones to make it sound like I am playing with a rhythm guitar while I play a melody line on the higher strings. I also beat the poop out of it as I play it in a very percussive manner sometimes too.

One of my Electric Guitars - Gretsch Electromatic Duo Jet w/ Bigsby Vibrato
    gretsch-g5238t-pro-jet-w-bigsby-gold-spa

When I have this guy in my hands I just want to rock. Blues rock, 90's alt rock, 80's rock, whatever. I do need to get locking tuners for this guy. I have to retune after every song since I go so heavy on the Bigsby vibrato.

Last, but definitely not least, my personal favorite, my Fender Classic Series '72 Telecaster Thinline.
    p1_ulj5x1235_so.jpg

And now for something different. When I play this guitar I turn my gain up fairly high, my volume way up (loud enough that my speakers start to give off a slight crackling noise if you listen carefully enough, on account of the high gain). Then I switch it to only the neck pickup and turn my tonal knob way down. Lastly! I turn the reverb way up (and sometimes add a slight slight slight slight delay as well).
    With this set-up if I just barely brush the strings with my finger tips, and I get an incredibly mellow, yet piercing tone. I'll usually fingerpick chords, melodies, and just play really expressively and make use of "empty space." I've spent up to an hour just lying on my bed playing this way multiple times. I know that a true guitarist's motivation is to use music as an expressive outlet, but it just so happens that the ladies really enjoy listening to me playing this way, and who am I to deny them?

• Pardoe1995

Pardoe1995

#15766914 - 6 years ago

that tele thinline is beautiful hows it sound without an amp, my ibanez semi hollow sounds amazing even without an amp

• ZombieJesus371

ZombieJesus371 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15768130 - 6 years ago

In reply to Shanerbaner, #8:

Dethklok fuckin rocks, man

• ZombieJesus371

ZombieJesus371 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15768133 - 6 years ago

Anyways, I set up this account 5 minutes ago and came straight here. I'm a huge fan of metal, but my main influences for writing are Led Zeppelin and old-school blues. I love a lot of random shit though, and I'm open to listening to any kind of music. Except Country.

• MarcDeb

MarcDeb

#15768186 - 6 years ago

ilu.gif

• jmillay44

jmillay44

#15768275 - 6 years ago

I play indie music, so its pretty much Fender all the way in that genre. I have a tele, but I really want a Jaguar. They are just so beautiful.

• IncognitoMan

IncognitoMan

#15768572 - 6 years ago

In reply to jmillay44, #105:

Yeah, Jaguars are awesome. I'm more of a Les Paul and PRS kinda guy, but I'd take a semi-hollow tele with humbuckers and a Jaguar anyway.

• jmillay44

jmillay44

#15769276 - 6 years ago

In reply to IncognitoMan, #106:

Yeah man those semi-hollow teles are pretty beautiful. Les Paul are pretty sick too.

• ZombieJesus371

#15777220 - 6 years ago

In reply to jmillay44, #107:

i love LP's. I wish I had a Gibson, but instead I'm on an Epiphone Black Beauty model

• Pardoe1995

Pardoe1995

#15779568 - 6 years ago

In reply to Z0mbieJesus, #108:

Black beauty's are gorgeous, my last guitar teacher had one, would have got one if it didn't weigh as much as a pregnant goat, I have a shitty LP copy but I might just get an Epiphone les Paul standard

• FunnyOrifice

FunnyOrifice

#15787461 - 6 years ago

In reply to imawkward, #101:

It sounds really "jangly" unplugged. I dig it, and I use my capo to play a lot of open chords, in a kind of funk style (like Chili Peppers). It isn't very loud, but t is fun to bang around on when I am watching TV.

I once played a hollow-body ibanez Archtop and I really wanted it (but I was just a poor boy, and back then nobody loved me). What kind of Ibanez do you have?

• Pardoe1995

Pardoe1995

#15788502 - 6 years ago

An artcore AS73 with a very uncommon paint job, it sound but it just doesn't hold a candle to my tele, I'll put up a pic later

• Pardoe1995

Pardoe1995

#15789327 - 6 years ago

?ui=2&ik=ef8f035e3e&view=att&th=13e0f85b
    Heres another one of libby

?ui=2&ik=ef8f035e3e&view=att&th=13e0f88c
    Havent decided on a name for this one as she went out with a broken neck for a month and never got a chance to.

• delishscrote

delishscrote

#15791436 - 6 years ago

I just got a new PRS 513 about a week ago and I've been playing nothing but Death Metal type stuff for the past 3 weeks but usually I'm more into the groovy sides of metal.
    Here's a song I just did with the PRS: soundcloud.com/engorged-fetus/capitalist-scu...

• Doddy1470

Doddy1470 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15887405 - 6 years ago

I've had my Gibson SG for a few years now and am absolutely in love with it. Over Christmas I bought a Fender Mexican Jaguar and playing through my AC-30 sounds lush. I play a bit of everything but love playing blues and rock. I'm also part of a band; soundcloud.com/majorityruleswarwickshire It's a mix or rock, dance prog and indie really

• Pardoe1995

Pardoe1995

#15887888 - 6 years ago

In reply to Doddy1470, #114:

Always wanted an SG, they look awesome but there expensive as fuck :( did you put P90's in it or leave in the factory pickups?

• Doddy1470

Doddy1470 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15887915 - 6 years ago

In reply to imawkward, #115:

Took me years to save up for it, also one of the reasons I haven't learnt to drive yet, haha. And I use the Angus Young signature pickups which i bought from Gibson. Big fan of him, pretty much the reason I first picked up the guitar

• Pardoe1995

Pardoe1995

#15887952 - 6 years ago

Yeah my telecaster was as expensive as a my mums car but I'd take that over a car :) never seen the appeal of signature gear at least until they make Joe strummer pickups lol

• Doddy1470

#15887976 - 6 years ago

Haha nah I'm not usually a fan of signature gear, but just had to have them for my SG, couldn't resist

• gerardave

gerardave

#15898011 - 6 years ago

I have an Epiphone Wilshire Phant-O-Matic and it's awesome. It's super light and has a really nice sound to it, a kill switch, tone switcher, and double pickups. It's great and I love it. :)

• IncognitoMan

IncognitoMan

#15900068 - 6 years ago

In reply to gerardave, #119:

Rock on. smiley8.gif Killer guitar

• gerardave

gerardave

#15900460 - 6 years ago

In reply to IncognitoMan, #120:

Thanks man!! It is pretty awesome, haha

• GabrielLanglois

GabrielLanglois

#15900743 - 6 years ago

I Have a Schecter Synyster ! smiley0.gif

I know some people are against using signature models, but i'm fine with that. To me it's a way to demonstrate your appreciation and respect to the guitarist

It's also one sexy guitar smiley12.gif

schectersynysterc.jpg