Forums > Music

To any guitar players out there!

Posts (143)

• Reacher_One

Reacher_One IW1911

#15902836 - 6 years ago

I've made long progression over the last 10 years from learning on a no name 3rd hand acoustic, playing electric for 6 years and finally settling on bass for the last two years. I'm using my wife's old bass right now, a Yamaha RBX170. A tonne of fret buzz with loose machine heads and a flakey pickup switch, but a butt load of character in the old plank. I'm in the process of saving up for an Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV.

• Gene_Owl

Gene_Owl

#15905435 - 6 years ago

I've been playing guitar for about ten years, I think I have 11 now, however my favorite are my two Les Pauls'. The Gibson Les Paul standard and Epeiphone Les Paul Studio that I've modded. I mainly like playing the blues and older style rock like late 60's early 70's sounds.

• Doddy1470

Doddy1470 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15905465 - 6 years ago

In reply to Gene_Owl, #124:

11!? Bloody hell, sounds like heaven mate. And the Les Paul is such a nice sounding guitar. Very jealous of that collection

• RosscoCreed

RosscoCreed FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15905568 - 6 years ago

Got this bad boy the other day. Fender Classic Players 60s. 3-tone sunburst with a mint green pickguard. Looks BEAUTIFUL in person. It came with 3 Custom '69 style pickups so it sounds lovely.

217346_4799702152385_531013331_n.jpg

• Gene_Owl

Gene_Owl

#15906790 - 6 years ago

In reply to Doddy1470, #125:

Well every dollar I ever made back in high school went to guitars and equipment. A Epiphone Les Paul Jr. was the guitar I started with and for 100 bucks the thing can wail. Just spend 70 dollars and get some better gear heads and your good.

• NKubs

NKubs

#15911750 - 6 years ago

I usually play acoustic, I'm reping a seagull Entourage Rustic. It's got a nice gloomy/dark sound, it's breathtaking. Works with a lot of different music like folk and even rock.

• Nejj

Nejj

#15921657 - 6 years ago

I play a Fender Stratocaster, love playing the blues

• InfamousBuffalo

InfamousBuffalo

#16112529 - 5 years ago

In reply to TheDeadMagne, #7:

I have an explorer ;3

I tend to play metal type riffs when trying to write stuff for my band, but i naturally enjoy playing softer, more folk stuff, weird eh?

Listen to my band if you want :P

I play in an unsigned band called "Locus", I'd describe us as post progressive metal, which I think I probably made up XD

I'd be interested to know what you guys think:

soundcloud.com/locusband

• greenferret

greenferret

#16112585 - 5 years ago

I've been playing guitar in a Rhythm and Blues band (And when I say R&B I mean old stuff, like Booker T. style) for 3 years now and I love it. I own a white/cream Fender Stratocaster, Hendrix style! But I've always wanted a big bluesy guitar, like a Gibson Es-335.

• TheRalph

TheRalph

#16113219 - 5 years ago

Me! Me! I play guitar. I have a custom handmade 7string Wreck Blue Morpho Classic. Best guitar ever made by human hands :)

• CMGio

CMGio FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16135287 - 5 years ago

I've been playing guitar since I was 12 years old and have been playing in bands here and there ever since.

Personally, my tastes and style is pretty broad -- metal, jazz, shred, fusion, rock, etc., etc. -- anything melodic, really.

I own 4 custom built guitars, in addition to an Ibanez RG and an Explorer.

• GenericHarry

GenericHarry

#16136051 - 5 years ago

Been playing for a while now,
    My tastes are pretty undefined, but I do have a heart for anything that involves interesting ways of creating sounds with the guitar (Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Bloc Party) So I guess you could say Alternative Rock haha

I own a Fender Modern Player Jaguar (Which is basically a stripped down Jaguar)

• Shane_Beck

Shane_Beck FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16136098 - 5 years ago

Been playing since I was 16 or so, and built up quite the collection of guitars over the years. 1255496_10153198602370046_1372783836_n.j Those three are my pride and joy - all ESP/LTD models, great for metal.

• InfamousBuffalo

InfamousBuffalo

#16136182 - 5 years ago

In reply to GenericHarry, #134:

wooo! Sigur Rós!

• Pawnulabob

Pawnulabob

#16141061 - 5 years ago

I mainly play rock, and currently own an epi led Paul standard (switched the p'ups for some Seymour Duncans), but after Christmas I might get a Gibson SG; I like the look of SGs and u can get second hand 1s for <£400.

• BBseeker23

BBseeker23 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16152097 - 5 years ago

I play punk and metal I have a metallic red Ibanez gio but for my birthday I am getting a dean dime from hell guitar.

• FireNowFlesh

FireNowFlesh

#16188337 - 5 years ago

In reply to TheDeadMagne, #1:

I play bass (because of a hand injury I can't fret with more than two fingers at a time sobsobsob) anyways, people who actually know their music theory say my style is blues rock.

I prefer acoustic guitars when I venture to 6 strings. Played a terrible Jasmine for 6 months and learned there's more to the music than just hands. I'll be looking for a proper acoustic but the music projects i CAN work on have priority at the moment

Any of you players have a fretless acoustic in mind you'd recommend?

• IAmAfroduck

IAmAfroduck

#16195932 - 5 years ago

I've been playing for about 10 months now, already blitzing through Grade 6 level chord progressions and scales. It annoys me that I haven't taken it up sooner.

As for what I enjoy playing, being a 90's born lad from the North West of England, Oasis, Arctic Monkeys and The Stone Roses make up a lot of what I know how to play. I know a few Nile Rodgers hooks as well which is a laugh. Just learned one of my favourite songs of all time by Al Green 'Lets Stay Together'.

As for the equipment, my first guitar was a bog standard Squier Affinity Strat which is a cracking starter guitar for the money by the way. Recently upgraded to a Fender Modern Player Thinline Tele which is a cracking instrument. My dream guitar would be either a Duesenburg Starplayer or the Mark Knopfler Signature Strat, but that will be some way down the line yet!

Not the best picture but....like.....effort to take a newer one....
    942117_10151489644279514_1530785772_n.jp

• Bisdak44

Bisdak44 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16197284 - 5 years ago

I was a fingerstyle guitarist. Never actually owned my own guitar though smiley2.gif I just used my dads old one from before I was born. No idea why, but I've stopped playing which makes me kinda sad now as I type this. This thread is definitely piquing my interest in it again though smiley0.gif

• Mutme

Mutme

#16197746 - 5 years ago

I am a acoustic guitarist who's trying to explore a lot, so I play everything from Avenged Sevenfold and G'n'R on my acoustic to fingerstyle songs from Tommy Emmanuell.

It feels like Im not making any improvements to my guitar playing, Im kinda stuck in a place where either something is way to easy or way to hard ^^

Anyone have any ideas for songs thats both fun to play and not to easy (I've been playing for about 5 years of Acoustic and electric guitar( Stopped playing electric last year))

• SGAllama

SGAllama

#16202916 - 5 years ago

Self Taught, Mostly play Metal (Five Finger Death Punch, Trivium, Stone Sour, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Etc) have got a custom Dean Razorback V, and a BC Rich Virgin, Been Playing 10 years and have now started playing acoustic stuff as well in which i've got a Stag

• Jamsponge

Jamsponge

#16203213 - 5 years ago

Helloooo! I've been playing for about six years now, got myself a grade six on classical guitar but these days I tend to play lots of pop/jazz/blues and musical theatre stuff, as I do work playing in the pit for shows. Gear wise I tend to use a Fender Strat, epiphone Les Paul Custom and a Faith acoustic :)

• cobrien117

cobrien117 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16495567 - 5 years ago

I play a lot of metal stuff like Trivuim, In Flames, blessthefall and August Burns Red. I have a Epiphone les paul, which I have been playing a lot lately, an Ibanez RG 6 and 7 string.

• DougForYou

DougForYou FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16498049 - 5 years ago

I really stick to the cheapest guitars I can find. I still play the 3/4 size acoustic I got for my 8th birthday, but I also play my bass:
    156368_277847425696421_128533245_n.jpg

And I'm waiting for this guitar to come in the mail:
    yapac112bk.jpg

I normally try to stick to punk rock, but a lot of the time I end up doing softer acoustic covers

• DougForYou

DougForYou FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16498356 - 5 years ago

In reply to BBseeker23, #147:

Holy shit, that lightning